What's Your Take On This?

Falcon Man™

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7370497/adrian-peterson-minnesota-vikings-thinks-new-olreans-saints-players-tried-injure-him

I would imagine this kind of stuff happens each game, but I think it's dirty play. Then again, if you're willing to go out there and play, there is alot of risk involved - injured or not.

I guess it really is whatever it takes to win.

I remember when Meangelo was talking about going after Homo's ribs.

http://espn.go.com/n...ried-injure-him

I would imagine this kind of stuff happens each game, but I think it's dirty play. Then again, if you're willing to go out there and play, there is alot of risk involved - injured or not.

I guess it really is whatever it takes to win.

I remember when Meangelo was talking about going after Homo's ribs.

Peterson was there so he would know best. I don't think the Saints are dirty and I don't have a problem with a team tackling a guy while targeting a hurt area, but once the play is over, if you keep twisting the ankle then that is just as dirty as what Suh did to the GB Olineman IMO.

I do think the Saints' D does a good job at doing little instigating things that piss their opponents off and cause personal fouls. Against Detroit, a Lions WR was tackled by a DB and once the play was over the DB grabbed his ankle and kind of tossed it to one side in a 'screw u *****' way - not dirty just disrespectful enough to cause the Lions WR to flip out (which doesn't take much) and cause him to shove the ref who came in to separate everyone - voila a 15yd penalty. I watch a lot of hockey and that kind of instigation is a good thing.

There's dirty.........and then there's dirrttyyy.

Come on Saints. Stop trying to cripple the best RB in the NFL. Even if you can get away with it under the guise of a pile.

Reminds me of the cheap shot they took at Smith, after he scored a TD. Don't need to resort to cheap tactics... the Saints are more talented than most teams in the league and will win regardless of trying to deliberately injure an opposing player.

At least save it for the playoffs.. trying to injure players on the bad teams that you're already beating, just makes them seem like a *****. They're better than that.

Edited by pox 08

Glad we are taking this as the gospel truth.

How about we actually find a clip of it and judge for ourselves? Or is a little objectivity too much to ask for?

BTW...for the record, Greer says that it was in the act of trying to stop Peterson and Peterson wouldn't quit trying to go ahead. Greer is aware he did it, it was an accident, and he even told Peterson after the play was over that it wasn't what he was attempting to do.

http://www.webwiseforradio.com/site_files/244/File/Jabari%20Greer%2012-20-11.mp3

I said before, the NFL has it's own way of dealing with dirty teams/players. They're gonna pizz off the wrong defensive lineman and he'll take it out on Brees.

I do wonder what the reaction of the Saints fans would be if someone took out Brees,. I'm willing to bet the 'It's part of the game' responses would disappear.

I'm willing to bet the 'It's part of the game' responses would disappear

I'm willing to bet the 'It's part of the game' responses would disappear

Who responded in this manner, DD?

Who responded in this manner, DD?

See post #20. He basicaly said AP is whining because the Vikings are having a down year and Peterson needs to quit talking about it, because it's expected

http://boards.atlant...falcons-on-mnf/

Now, answer my question, 'Do you consider Roman Harper to be a dirty player'?

Edited by dirtydealin5858

Do you consider Adrian "the CBA is SLAVERY" Peterson to be trustworthy? Apparently you do, since his claim is as good as gospel to you and you're ready to see Brees injured as some sort of karmic justice.

You don't see Saints fans saying somone should go after Matt Ryan's knees *folds arms*

Edited by joe horn

Do you consider Adrian "the CBA is SLAVERY" Peterson to be trustworthy? Apparently you do, since his claim is as good as gospel to you and you're ready to see Brees injured as some sort of karmic justice.

You don't see Saints fans saying somone should go after Matt Ryan's knees *folds arms*

What are you talking about?!?!

I never said I wanted to see it, I said the NFL has it's own justice for dirty players and it does.

FTR, SuperSK posted last season that he wished Ryan would take a helmet to the knee, so the Saints would win the division by default. I called him on it, saying that Karma would bite him in the azz for it, his response was "I don't believe in karma"

BTW, you never answered my question...do you consider Roman Harper a dirty player?

What comes around goes around, they're going to pizz off the wrong defensive lineman one day and he'll lay a shot on Brees' knee.

NFL justice!!!

Note the exclamation points. I'm not entertaining your Roman Harper inquiry until you own up to your own classlessness.

Are we going to just forget this topic and the falcons have been brought by several teams this season?

I mean, really, glass houses and all that...

Only GB to my knowledge?

EDIT: The titans said things about us being dirty pregame but nothing after that i can find.

EDIT again: I keep having to correct myself when i find new info. The Lions said we were dirty as well. Suh and Avril.

Edited by Ethan...Again

I don't think he's dirty, Mr. No-Class Falcons fan. He's made some boneheaded plays that have cost us as a team and him financially (which is incidentally how a professional football league deals with it) but dirty?

It's not like he killed his girlfriend's dog with his bare hands, or threw his significant other down a flight of stairs before spitting on her or anything. Imagine having someone like that on your team!