Julio Jones Trade  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Was the Julio Jones Trade Good?

• Yes. We only give up 5 picks for an Elite WR. No Brainer.
    • Yes. Expensive but will pay in the end.
    • Unsure, Undecided.
    • No. Will be a Great WR but we grossly overpaid.
    • No. Will be a Bust and we got ripped off.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm totally unsure we have holes on this team like OL that could have been better addressed. JJ has shown amazing talent but appears to be injury prone and possess questionable hands. Only time will tell.

The hammy's of JJ may have a little to do to the stopping in mid stride to catch under thrown balls...

I would say now that it seems that JJ and MR are on the same page we are seeing the explosive plays. I wanted to see the 50 yard bombs going for touch downs. But whats eve better are the slants and drags that you see JJ afterbuners take to the house.

With, the picks that we traded away, we could have addressed line issuse and maybe pushed a few starters more this year. But in the end it would have been a crap shoot, and I love what we have to look foward to with RW and JJ and teh other groups of receivers...

This trade put us ahead of the curve in the logevity of this team. We will be winning for several years so we will have late round picks and when White is slowing down due to age we already have our long time #1 WR on the roster. It was a smart move and could pay off for our team for 10+ years. His value this year has already been felt so it's not like he is a total diamond in the rough he has actually produced well this year. A consistant winning team like us rarely gets to pick in the top 10 and by doing so we threw a loop in the whole team building process.

I wouldn't say RW is slowing down. He stated something after the Thursday game that I thought was interesting... He said that he wanted to make sure that he shows up in the Playoffs this year. He is playing different in the last few games than he dd earlier in teh season...

I wouldn't say RW is slowing down. He stated something after the Thursday game that I thought was interesting... He said that he wanted to make sure that he shows up in the Playoffs this year. He is playing different in the last few games than he dd earlier in teh season...

Yea I dont think he is either, I was mainyl saying WHEN he slows down in 3-4 years we already have our #1 WR on the roster that will have had alot of experience. We won't have to deal with a new #1 WR learning the ropes the transistion is already under way and when Roddy retires we are still setup really well at WR. Now all we need is our new 1# RB and this team could be good for another decade.

Total Hypocrit move by TD . You dont stress the process and then trade away 5 draft picks for upgrade at 1 position . There were other players available that could have been a upgrade over Jenkins . I like Julio i dont like what we gave up it was a clear Panic move by a regimen that has not WON A PLAYOFF GAME throughout this 3 year stretch

Julio has made some impact plays he has also had his struggles .

I can only recall like 5 -10 plays Julio made this season that Jenkins wouldnt have made like the 2 indy touch downs and last week YAC from Jax game but rest including the clear DROP BY JULIO in end zone vs Houston , Jenkins make that catch

Also people say well would you want Julio or Cle players they drafted is dumb argument cause who knows if we were going those players ?

We could have found our Turner replacement in Mark Ingram

or we could have addressed our offensive line issues with Marcus Gilbert in 2nd

we could have went free agency and got a upgrade at wr

Case will be made

This team doesnt get over the hump and Julio doesnt help us to playoff success early the trade will be looked upon as a INSTANT FAILURE . no questions about it

This trade can turn out a long term winner when Julio Jones has a 6x pro bowl slection and helps us lead us to a title and be LONG TERM SUCCESS

with that being said we live in the Now . This team needs to win a playoff game ..now

1) if we fail to win a playoff game in 4 years .. TD job needs to be put on notice

Regular season is success but if were not building a championship contender its all for nothing