He's going to get Screwed out of another MVP this year to which pretty much sucks

Why? Because he's being outplayed by another QB? I really think Brees deserved it in 2009 but Rodgers is the clear MVP at this point. I know its popular right now to think Brees deserves it because Rodgers struggled on Sunday and Brees had a spectacular performance but that doesn't erase the brilliant season Rodgers has had. Rodgers has played at a higher level and at a more consistently higher level without the benefit of a bunch of indoor games to inflate his stats. Brees just flat out doesn't deserve the MVP. Nobody can make a compelling argument for why he would.

All Brees has on Rodgers is yards. And that is only because of all the pass attempts. Some people just don't understand QB efficiency stats. Rodgers would have "already" broken Marino's records if he had thrown as many passes as Brees. Brees has thrown 110 more passes than Rodgers. Rodgers doesn't sit there in a comfy dome and throw 45 passes every game.

Dan Marino threw for 5084 on just 564 attempts. Brees has already attempted 20 more than that and is still 400 yards shy of the record. Marino didn't play in a dome. If you put Rodgers in a dome and had him throw 45 passes every game he could probably throw for 6,000 yards.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? Because he's being outplayed by another QB? I really think Brees deserved it in 2009 but Rodgers is the clear MVP at this point. I know its popular right now to think Brees deserves it because Rodgers struggled on Sunday and Brees had a spectacular performance but that doesn't erase the brilliant season Rodgers has had. Rodgers has played at a higher level and at a more consistently higher level without the benefit of a bunch of indoor games to inflate his stats. Brees just flat out doesn't deserve the MVP. Nobody can make a compelling argument for why he would.

All Brees has on Rodgers is yards. And that is only because of all the pass attempts. Some people just don't understand QB efficiency stats. Rodgers would have "already" broken Marino's records if he had thrown as many passes as Brees. Brees has thrown 110 more passes than Rodgers. Rodgers doesn't sit there in a comfy dome and throw 45 passes every game.

Dan Marino threw for 5084 on just 564 attempts. Brees has already attempted 20 more than that and is still 400 yards shy of the record. Marino didn't play in a dome. If you put Rodgers in a dome and had him throw 45 passes every game he could probably throw for 6,000 yards.

Yeah Rogers pya is sick nearly a first down per pass

If you are using the nfc as a measuring stick

then he is in the top 5 in most important category.

top 5 in tds, big plays, qb rating., and the ones he is not he is within striking distance of all of those. save maybe ypa

in 2010 he was top 4 in yards, td, qb rating, he threw the second fewest ints of any starting qb.

Had the second best Td/int ratio.......he was top 3-5 in almost every area.

Just admit you are wrong and you are hating because he is a falcon.

How am i wrong, admit your being a HOMER and trying to put ryan in a tier he isnt in.

3rd is his highest rank in yards and TD's

Thats not elite thats not top tier

second best TD/INT just shows he efficient, which isnt hard to do when you check down as much as he does.

IM shocked how low his Comp % is. Check downs are easy completions

yeah 44 per game is a lot.

To put that in perspective

Aaron Rogers is only averaging about 50 per game more then Ryan.

last year Brady only averaged 10 yards more per game then Ryan

Colston

84/6014 = 71.6 YPG

White

110/7178 = 65.3 YPG

Where in the world do you get 44 more yards per game?

what you meant to say was Colston ONLY needs 44 yards a game in his next 28 games to catch White!

Thats what you should of said.

DO I NEED TO SAY IT?

your WRONG AS USUAL!!!!!!

Edited by SuperSK

It has to kill some people, inside. About Brees.

Feels like yesterday that "some people" were latching onto the notion that Ryan was a better qb than Brees, simply because of Brees' lack of 4Q comebacks.. then the sumbych had to go win a SB, become SB MVP, while setting a plethora of records along the way. He's just not stopping! Now he's about to break the holy grail of Qb records. Most Passing Yards in a Single Season.

i didnt say they were all screens, but to say he checks down like ryan is NONSENSE

64.6% of drew brees's passes are thrown 10 yards or less, with his leading receivers being a TE and a RB

60.1% of matt ryan's passes are thrown 10 yards or less, with his leading receiver being a WR.

brees checks down > ryan checks down

15 yard pass = "deep ball" in ATL. There's your headline, fellas.

I can't help that your qb has a noodle arm and relies on the system to rack yards up. Throw 1 yard screen WR gains 15. Saints lead the NFL in YAC. Noodle arm Brees. He just can't throw past 15 yards.

Edited by Ethan...Again
Guest Maligned

I can't help that your qb has a noodle arm and relies on the system to rack yards up. Throw 1 yard screen WR gains 15. Saints lead the NFL in YAC. Noodle arm Brees. He just can't throw past 15 yards.

why are you posting while talking to yourself in the mirror?

Thats just odd.

huh?

Ryan

11-20 Distance 69/129 53.5%

21-30 4/22 18.2%

31-40 3/16 18.8%

41+ 2/6 33.3%

Brees

74/119 62.2%

15/32 46.9%

7/12 58.3%

1/3 33.3%

http://wp.advancednf...playerstats.php

Maybe the site isn't accurate or you aren't. One of the two.

Ha ha ha, Ethan has some nerve calling Drew noodle arm. Drew doesn't throw punts..

Hyperbole. Obvious exaggeration. I wouldn't expect you to catch it.

Edited by Ethan...Again