Ryan outplayed him in the First Game..... we need him to do it again....either way brees will get the record, and the div title more than likely, i hope Monday is not the last time we see this match up this yr, i dont think it will be wink.png

In what world does 29/52 351 yards 2 tds and 1 int "outplay" 30/43 322 yards 2 td's and 0 int's?

So basically Brees had a higher completion percentage, higher ypa , same # of TD's and less TO's.

Butt Ryan outplayed him.... OOOOOOOOOOOkay.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In what world does 29/52 351 yards 2 tds and 1 int "outplay" 30/43 322 yards 2 td's and 0 int's?

So basically Brees had a higher completion percentage, higher ypa , same # of TD's and less TO's.

Butt Ryan outplayed him.... OOOOOOOOOOOkay.

If you watched the game you would not type what you did.

The ONLY reason he had more turnovers was he had a bad bounced off his receivers hands .

and the ONLY reason he did not have another td was because of a dropped TD.

Ryan himself played a GREAT game. And yes did out duel Brees.

Roddy played a pretty ****** game

So let me ask this............

and this is a legit question.

But is joined by Brady.......does that lessen it being special?

What is another 3 guys do it as well?

Per pat Y's blog

Brees isn’t the only quarterback with a shot to eclipse Marino’s record. Three others at least have a mathematical chance. New England’s Tom Brady would need to average 246 yards over the final two games to pass Marino. Eli Manning needs to average 361.5 yards and Aaron Rodgers needs to average 361.5."

I don't see Eli getting it but I could certainly see Rogers going ape ****, especially if the Niners win tonight.

I think Brady to average only 250 is a strong possibility.

So what do you think? would it lessen it some if 2-3 other people were able to do the same thing?

The question was - 'would it be lessened'? And the answer is no. Drew Brees is less than 300 yards away from becoming the ONLY PLAYER IN LEAGUE HISTORY TO PASS FOR 5000+ YARDS TWICE.

Sounds to me like a certain faction of fans are pre-emptively trying to deflect the impact of him reaching that milestone against a certain team...

Sounds to me like a certain faction of fans are pre-emptively trying to deflect the impact of him reaching that milestone against a certain team...

I

f he does get the record on Monday, I don't see how it would slight the Falcons that he broke the record against them. It's not like Atlanta was the only team he played this year.

FTR, breaking any of Marino's records is a big deal. Unless it's the most wins by QB through their first four years, that one doesn't count.rolleyes.gif

FOREVER LINKED IN HISTORY. Remember that, dd!

Don't worry, we'll be here to remind you wink.png

and that would be a lame attempt.

like DD said its not like the falcons were the only team he played against

In fact the falcons held him to one of his least successful games all year.

Another question....... will it mean as much if the saints lose?

But what about his first 3 years, Pox? WHAT ABOUT THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

lol amen.. nobody gives a dam about his w/l record in his first handful of years. They care about SB rings, MVPs, SB MVPs, and individual records.

Sanchez even has a record. First qb to lead his team to the conference game in each of his first two years. No one gives a dam about that though, because A.) His team didn't win the SB, B.) His individual stats were azz.

Added: No offense Falcon fans, but if nobody gives two sh1ts about Sanchez and his record for leading his team to the AFCCG during his first two years, no one cares about the w/l record of a young qb just starting out.

Edited by pox 08

That's a dumb question, Fd56. IT WILL MATTER UNTIL IT IS BROKEN, NO MATTER WHAT. You've been kicking your feet in the sand quite a bit here lately, season not turning out the way you expected?

so asking if an individual achievement means more then a win and a clinching of a division is stupid?

And actually no I predicted way back in off season we would finish 11-5 if healthy and with 2 more wins that is exactly what we would be.

Ahh so does that logic holds for Roddy too??

Because I have seen him ranked right there with Fitz and Megatron as one of top 3 wrs in the game.

Also I have constantly seen Ryan being ranked as a top tier qb in the league.

But again this goes back to that double standard.

When the Media/ League loves a falcon it is "ehhh over rated"

But when they love a saints player " omg they are the best player at their position in the league".

i love debating. i go as far as anyone wants to go

to put ryan in the top tier is as about as dumb as putting ryan leaf in the top tier of qbs

we can debate this all year is you want

ive been debating whites year as we have seen.

white is putting himself in a category that most dont want to be in. TO, MOSS, there character is not wanted and rw is getting there.. not meant at you d56

Edited by SuperSK

so asking if an individual achievement means more then a win and a clinching of a division is stupid?

And actually no I predicted way back in off season we would finish 11-5 if healthy and with 2 more wins that is exactly what we would be.

in 2008 i wanted him to get it cause the season was lost.

This year ,were winning and it would mean alot more for him to get it knowing we are in the playoffs

in 2008 i wanted him to get it cause the season was lost.

This year ,were winning and it would mean alot more for him to get it knowing we are in the playoffs

I wanted him to get it in 08 cause it'd be funny to see a Saint break a hallowed record and miss the playoffs. I saw either him Brady, or manning breaking it eventually anyway and it looks like it'll be 2 out of 3 that break it.

Edited by Ethan...Again

i love debating. i go as far as anyone wants to go

to put ryan in the top tier is as about as dumb as putting ryan leaf in the top tier of qbs

we can debate this all year is you want

ive been debating whites year as we have seen.

white is putting himself in a category that most dont want to be in. TO, MOSS, there character is not wanted and rw is getting there.. not meant at you d56

I dont think Roddy is anywhere NEAR that =.

Like I said when Julio scored his td Roddy was among the first there jumping on and celebrating........with has big if smile as if he scored himself.

Watch any interview and White CONSISTENTLY puts over his team mates.

When Palmer scored a td a couple games ago you saw Roddy just elated.

TO put roddy in that sentence in terms of being a cancer is incredibly far off base

Like I said when Julio scored his td Roddy was among the first there jumping on and celebrating........with has big if smile as if he scored himself.

TO put roddy in that sentence in terms of being a cancer is incredibly far off base

People get bent out of shape cause homie had a some twitters. Dude has never been selfish but every rival fan likes to say he is.

you think differently, great

i think hes a ***** and is taking over for owens

Also putting Ryan in top tier of qbs is not that far of a stretch

Considering is has been near the top of the nfc in Tds since 2009

and is right there in top 5 again, he also is there in yards, and after a rough start has a respectable td to int ratio. in fact only 4 other guys in the conference has a better then 2:1 Td to int ratio ( Brees, Rogers, Romo, and Stafford), his % of first down throws are again bested by only 4 guys in conference.

So in pretty much EVERY offensive category he is top 3-5 in the NFC with the exception of just a few and the ones he is not he is within striking distance.

Ryan has been FAR FAR FAR better then you rivals have given him credit for.