Congrats To The Seahawks!

WhenFalconsWin

i didtn think you would after all the back and forth lately but that dude said he wants the 5 seed

I think what WFW is trying to say is that the #2 seed, while possible, still is very improbable - the #5 seed is more realistic and would avoid a trip to either SF or NO in round 1.

You can focus on #5 without conceding #2.

You're cherry picking. I'll concede the Texans but the Bears @ home in week 1 with a healthy Cutler, Forte and Knox are different than they are now and the Bucs in week 3 @ TB are way different than they are now (I need not remind you of who one of NO's losses were to around that time).

and I would say that the Saints lost to team they should have beaten in that case as well.

am I really cherry picking? take into account that Atlanta has only played four teams with winning records and are 1-3 in those games....one of which was against the Texans who were starting a third string QB and only had AJ for a half

so you are saying that Atlanta shouldn't beat teams with a winning record?

and I would say that the Saints lost to team they should have beaten in that case as well.

am I really cherry picking? take into account that Atlanta has only played four teams with winning records and are 1-3 in those games....one of which was against the Texans who were starting a third string QB and only had AJ for a half

so you are saying that Atlanta shouldn't beat teams with a winning record?

I guess it depends on what your definition of "should" is and in what context you're using it. To me it means that one team is a clear cut favourite over the other (with little debate about it).

For example, Atl should have beaten Jax and they should beat TB in week 17. Atl could beat NO but you can't say they should. The NYG could've beaten GB but should've beaten Wash.

If you're applying what we know now about Chicago and TB to those games in Sept, then's that what I disagree with (that Atl should've beaten Chicago in week 1 or TB in week 3 because they suck now).

But I do agree that the biggest fact preventing Falcons fans like me from proclaiming them a SB contender is our poor record against very good teams this year.

I guess it depends on what your definition of "should" is and in what context you're using it. To me it means that one team is a clear cut favourite over the other (with little debate about it).

For example, Atl should have beaten Jax and they should beat TB in week 17. Atl could beat NO but you can't say they should. The NYG could've beaten GB but should've beaten Wash.

If you're applying what we know now about Chicago and TB to those games in Sept, then's that what I disagree with (that Atl should've beaten Chicago in week 1 or TB in week 3 because they suck now).

But I do agree that the biggest fact preventing Falcons fans like me from proclaiming them a SB contender is our poor record against very good teams this year.

the truth is that since Atlanta won the south last year and were supposed to be good enough that they only needed another great WR to take the next step, nearly every team on their schedule with the exception of New Orleans and Green Bay 'should' have been wins. They were supposed to win the south and contend for the Superbowl.

and before someone calls me a homer, I would not list Atlanta as a 'should' win for the Saints either....those games are too closely contested for that

the truth is that since Atlanta won the south last year and were supposed to be good enough that they only needed another great WR to take the next step, nearly every team on their schedule with the exception of New Orleans and Green Bay 'should' have been wins. They were supposed to win the south and contend for the Superbowl.

and before someone calls me a homer, I would not list Atlanta as a 'should' win for the Saints either....those games are too closely contested for that

Fair enough.

Last year's team had a successful formula:

• they ran the ball well
  • they were excellent at 3rd down conversion
  • therefore they usually controlled the clock
  • which allowed their defense to be off the field mostly
  • they usually won the turnover battle
  • they were one of the least penalized teams in the league

Now everybody wants their team to do that. This year's team:

• not running it quite as well
  • not as good in 3rd down
  • more 3 and outs, so the D is on the field longer
  • more turnovers
  • more penalties

I haven't looked at the stats - the above are just impressions I have - and I'm not saying the Falcons' have totally crapped the bed in these categories this year either; rather they're just a little worse (e.g. a key holding penalty at the wrong time, a drop at the wrong time, a shanked punt at the wrong time, etc.). Their margin for success last year was thin and it's showing this year; but we're not that far away.

High-powered offenses such as NO's, GB's, NE's and the Manning-led Colts - they can consistently overcome mistakes in other areas - the Falcons are transitioning towards that, but I feel the better model for them is Pitt or Balt (although the Falcons' D has a long way to go before being mentioned in the same sentence).

i didtn think you would after all the back and forth lately but that dude said he wants the 5 seed

**** no I wouldn't

until the saints wrap it up we have a chance........

Just like I am sure you guys did not concede it last year until the falcons starting the smack down on the panthers.

Btw what is up with games vs the panthers last game of the season determining the south??

in 08 had the saints beaten the panthers The falcons would have won the division

last year, had the panthers beaten the falcons and the saints beat the bucs the saints would have been nfc south champions.

And this year it could very easily come down for the saints vs panthers again.

The schedule makers need to get the panthers out of that week 17 spot

I can't remember the last time the saints beat Carolina on the last day of reg season play!!!

**** no I wouldn't

until the saints wrap it up we have a chance........

Just like I am sure you guys did not concede it last year until the falcons starting the smack down on the panthers.

Btw what is up with games vs the panthers last game of the season determining the south??

in 08 had the saints beaten the panthers The falcons would have won the division

last year, had the panthers beaten the falcons and the saints beat the bucs the saints would have been nfc south champions.

And this year it could very easily come down for the saints vs panthers again.

The schedule makers need to get the panthers out of that week 17 spot