Arthur Blank, Jim Mora Share Warm Moment

WVUDirtyBird

By Pat Yasinskas

CHARLOTTE, N.C. – There was a very interesting moment in a media room at Bank of America Stadium on Sunday after the Atlanta Falcons defeated the Carolina Panthers.

As the media waited for coach Mike Smith, the door swung open and former Atlanta coach Jim Mora stuck his head in very briefly.

“Oops, wrong room,’’ said Mora, who has been working as a television analyst in recent years.

Mora was hired as the head coach at UCLA on Saturday, but fulfilled his Sunday obligation as a broadcaster.

A few minutes after Mora ducked out of the media room, he came back in. Smith still hadn’t arrived, but Falcons owner Arthur Blank was in the room.

Blank quickly strode over in Mora’s direction and the two hugged and exchanged words. I couldn’t hear the conversation, but it was pretty obvious it was warm and I feel safe in guessing Blank was congratulating Mora on his new job.

Blank’s shown he’s capable of having good relationships with people who left his organization under bad terms. He’s done it with Michael Vick and now with Mora.

However, I’d have a tough time imagining Blank hugging Bobby Petrino. laugh.png

By Pat Yasinskas

CHARLOTTE, N.C. – There was a very interesting moment in a media room at Bank of America Stadium on Sunday after the Atlanta Falcons defeated the Carolina Panthers.

As the media waited for coach Mike Smith, the door swung open and former Atlanta coach Jim Mora stuck his head in very briefly.

“Oops, wrong room,’’ said Mora, who has been working as a television analyst in recent years.

Mora was hired as the head coach at UCLA on Saturday, but fulfilled his Sunday obligation as a broadcaster.

A few minutes after Mora ducked out of the media room, he came back in. Smith still hadn’t arrived, but Falcons owner Arthur Blank was in the room.

Blank quickly strode over in Mora’s direction and the two hugged and exchanged words. I couldn’t hear the conversation, but it was pretty obvious it was warm and I feel safe in guessing Blank was congratulating Mora on his new job.

Blank’s shown he’s capable of having good relationships with people who left his organization under bad terms. He’s done it with Michael Vick and now with Mora.

However, I’d have a tough time imagining Blank hugging Bobby Petrino. laugh.png

That's because Arthur Blank is a MENSCH, but not a putz.

I think Mora's a good guy. He just isn't cut out maturity-wise to be a head coach in the NFL.

Say what you will but behind Mike Smith, Dan, and Leeman, he was the 4th best and pretty good to us in his years here. If SwampFox can get another shot, Mora certainly will. He can head coach in the NFL just not in the NFC South.

Brian Billick.

that dude be dropping gems when he calls our games. Mora Jr. is a good guy and always good things to say and I wish him luck. just hope he hires better coordinators this time around

Billick is a great announcer tbh, unlike a lot of people (Collinsworth - that guy's mentally defective) he actually analyzes the games and points out some interesting things that I might not have noticed - and if I do notice something, he'll usually say it out loud.

That's because Arthur Blank is a MENSCH, but not a putz.

I imagine Arthur Blank probably does find it a lot easier to forgive Michael Vick than Bobby Petrino.

The difference between Vick and Petrino is this: what Vick did was, to say the least, stupid and selfish, but Vick at least didn't directly intend to hurt the Falcons. What Petrino did was nothing less than a direct betrayal to the Falcons and Blank personally.

If Blank and Petrino ever happen to come together in some setting, I can only envision Blank quickly walking away without saying anything to that scumbag.