Why Was Hawley Replaced By Baker?

Sheldon Cooper

Momentarily hurt or bad play?

Baker was more hurt or played worse as he was quickly replaced by Hawley after a sack for a safety and second sack or atleast pressure on the next drive. Hawley was steady the rest of the way and the OL has been since Hawley and Svitek took over.

They wanted to end the debate on the boards about if he would be a better fit at guard.

The answer is clearly not. We should cut him now.

I don't know why people thought that he would be good at guard. Sam Baker has trouble dealing with big, strong bull rushers. Why on earth would he be a good fit at guard???

Baker is that extra car in the driveway that you feel you have to do something with. You have found a better car for your daily commute and have a better car for taking the kids to school. But, you paid so much for the Baker car, you have to find something to do with him.

This may actually also have been a feeler for what they are thinking about for next year.

McClure will probably retire and Hawley will like take his place at Center. So, Baker may be the option they are considering for guard then.

McClure says he's got 2 or 3 more years left in him. and yep...they mighta been thinkin' that until they saw what they saw. he just can't hold his own..at either position.

Edited by sanfranfalcon

To FUNNY biggrin.png

Better QUESTION WHY IS BAKER STILL ON THE ROSTER, ACTIVE, INACTIVE, PRACTICE SQUAD, WHAT EVER ?????

Don't we have Jackson on the PS, he is an actual guard, sign him to the active roster put baker on the PS.

Hawley has done well for a OC that was needed to play OG, but we need a OG to back him up

The title of this thread should be:

Why was Baker replaced by Hawley at RG and when T F will the Atlanta Football Falcons get an OLine?

It's been 15 years folks.

I will gladly drive both of them Mofos out to the county line.

I am convinced at this point that Supes and Rev Hal are better than Hawley and SackMaker.

I'm not kiddin folks.

To state the obvious, it is painfully apparent that Falcons jersey #72 will be available to the upcoming draftees/free agents coming aboard next season. Unfortunate - Baker seems a good guy and I really had hopes that the Ryan/Baker combo in the backfield would be productive. Baker's struggles in his position illustrates just how difficult it is to find and develop productive O-linemen. Many fans seem to believe that top-notch O-linemen are always readily available – nothing can be further from the truth.