Re: Marshall Faulk - U A.hole!

mattyicefalcon

http://www.nfl.com/videos/atlanta-falcons/09000d5d824d7fb4/No-Huddle-NFC-playoff-race

out of ALL 7-5 teams ...he firmly believes our playoff dream is OVER!!!

Just cuz of 1 game we lost to Houston ( which NO DOUBT should have been W )

he thinks we will miss playoffs!

What do you guys think of his views? & how worried are you?

Personally, we will drop one v/s Saints & go 10-6 in wild card.

Faulk never liked us. He's still bitter from whooping their arse in the playoffs. He grew up an Ain'ts fan, then played for the Rams, it's in his blood to hate us.

Wasn't he a peanut vendor at the Superdome when he was a kid? Dude's been hating the birds forever, which is understandable given his background. I sure as sh!t don't agree with anything he has to say about this team, but I don't have a problem with him not liking the Falcons either.

http://www.nfl.com/v...FC-playoff-race

out of ALL 7-5 teams ...he firmly believes our playoff dream is OVER!!!

Just cuz of 1 game we lost to Houston ( which NO DOUBT should have been W )

he thinks we will miss playoffs!

What do you guys think of his views? & how worried are you?

Personally, we will drop one v/s Saints & go 10-6 in wild card.

he didnt say we wnt make the playoffs, he said ''jepordy'' and marshall is right, we dnt look like we kno wat we want to do... if you dnt agree with that then something is wrong...

I agree with everyone on this about MF.I'm not mad at what he said about this team or surprised because the the way this Falcons team is playing they are not playing with a sense of urgency or motivation at this point making them vulnerable for any team to beat them.Plus he is still sour about that game that ended their superbowl run by Vick and his crew back in the day during his time with the rams.He talked about it last season during the day the Falcons were going to play the Ravens on NFL NETWORK on a Thursday night.He was remembering the times when the Falcons were that team that you could count on adding to your win column when you needed a win and just knew that the Falcons would loose against the Ravens that night as did most.Our Falcons have issues that even at this point I feel that no matter if they talk about fixing them have penetrated to deep to fix and it would take a true off season to fix them.There is a disconnect that has taken place after that 13-3 season last year that has really left a bad taste in the mouths of every player on thisteam plus the ones that were recently traded or cut and they are still hurt from it.And I would expect that because this team is fairly young and they are during their Dashawn Jackson impressions only putting forth effort when a game does not require you to put forth much to win but the games where they really have to work for the win they seem not willing to work to get it.Personally I don't care to watch an effortless team and that is exactly what I'm feeling when I'm watching them and the only thing I can see making them play at this point is if MS job was on the line and it's not so it is a 50/50 for playoffs.Even though I told myself that I was not going to try and look at these next two games I am because I love my Falcons and I know that this is not the team I know but I'm willing to go through the growing pains with them no matter how painful at times it may be watching them going through what they are.

Faulk is an idiot. He says it doesn't get any easier than last weeks game. Sure, facing the number #1 defense in the NFL, with a top rushing attack, on the road... is no biggie! Then he rants about "third string." Sharper has it right, Yates played well and that's what matters. Not what string he is.

Marshall Faulk's attitude is the kind of attitude this team needs. Be pissed and ashamed and embarassed you lost to a 3rd string QB making his first start ever. We didn't make it hard on him at all. Only blitzed him 5 times all game. Once Andre Johnson went down, we still didn't blitz when we knew all they were going to do was that pitifulass off tackle. The only time Yates threw beyond 10 yards was off play action so even if he play actioned when we blitzed, if we were getting through for the run, we should be pressuring his pass. What happened in that game was a prime example of the mantra of the Falcons:

Play not to lose. We're going to stop you from stopping us.

They weren't playing to win as a team. This team is built to win only when mistakes are at a minimum. If there is even a moderate number of mistakes, they can't overcome it. Until we play to dominate, we won't win a championship.

Faulk is an idiot. He says it doesn't get any easier than last weeks game. Sure, facing the number #1 defense in the NFL, with a top rushing attack, on the road... is no biggie! Then he rants about "third string." Sharper has it right, Yates played well and that's what matters. Not what string he is.

But then Faulk said "MAKE him play bad!". HeIl we only blitzed the kid 5 times. Yates still threw under 50%, but we didn't even make it hard on him. At all. Give this situation to the Saints and they win 31-10. Forget them having the #1 defense, you know how to counter that, completely dominate their offense to make that defense stay on the field longer than 25 minutes. It was an embarrassment. Yates should have been rattled. Instead, our entire team was the one rattled.

But then Faulk said "MAKE him play bad!". HeIl we only blitzed the kid 5 times. Yates still threw under 50%, but we didn't even make it hard on him. At all. Give this situation to the Saints and they win 31-10. Forget them having the #1 defense, you know how to counter that, completely dominate their offense to make that defense stay on the field longer than 25 minutes. It was an embarrassment. Yates should have been rattled. Instead, our entire team was the one rattled.

I saw a game in which our offense started the game with a three and out and then two turnovers. Yet our defense held them to 17 points total. It was clear that the problem was our offense, not our defense.

I saw a game in which our offense started the game with a three and out and then two turnovers. Yet our defense held them to 17 points total. It was clear that the problem was our offense, not our defense.

Why did we only blitz 5 times? ESPECIALLY once Johnson went down. Who else was there to be worried about? A TE? Stack the box and completely turn their running game off and make Yates beat you without Johnson. We didn't even do that. You can't tell me that isn't common sense.

Yes this game should fall on the offense, but if our defense just starts blitzing and killing Yates and Foster, the game is 10-10 and all we need is a FG. On that 20 play drive, they ran the ball FIFTEEN TIMES!!! Not 1 run blitz. Not 1.

Also, we were missing our starting Safety, Linebacker, and Cornerback. We held him under 50%. And he deserves credit for playing a good game. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, we lost because of penalties and drops. Our defense has actually been playing well.

He didn't play good. 12/25 for 180 yards and 1 TD isn't enough to beat anybody, but the Falcons. If we did that to Brees that's an auto win and you know that. If we beat them, you wouldn't say he played good with those stats.

The problem is this team is just hungry, they aren't greedy. Greedy teams win championships. Ask the Packers. Ask the Pats' dynasty team. Ask the Steelers. We can be the Colts. A bunch of good guys who get 1 ring in a generation. That would be ok with most fans. But it will take until Ryan is 31-32.

This is a QB driven league so if you face a 3rd string QB, there should be no way you lose. You can't name me another 3rd string QB in this league that would be us.

Not sure how we could get mad at the guy for taking a safe bet. Heck he grew up in NO anyway and played some tough games against ATL as a division rival Ram. There's some true hate there anyway...good news is if we get at least three more wins and get into the playoffs we'll have had to "work" our way in instead of coasting.

Blitzing is not how you stop the run. In order to blitz you need to get them in passing situations first. In addition to the other guys we were missing, we lost Edwards for some of that game too. I just don't see it the way you do. Defense wasn't the issue, so why question a strategy that more or less worked very well?

When they really asserted themselves offensively it was by running it on our D unit that was tiring from being on the field so much. Blitzing wouldn't have helped.

Yates didn't turn it over. When you've got the number one defense and Foster/Tate in the backfield that will often be enough to win. You shouldn't get caught up in "string" talk. The only thing that matters is how good the player is. I have a hunch Yates could be a starter for several teams in the league. Brady was the second string qb on that first Pats championship team. Would you say the Rams sucked because they lost to a second string QB?

@Maxatlanta - there are these things called "run blitzes". They happen to the Falcons when we play good defenses almost every first down. Yes, you can blitz to stop the run. Especially when the way to stop the ZBS is penetration. Forget everybody we lost, they lost their only WR. Put 8 in the box, tell the safety to watch for Jones deep and the TE deep middle, and play the run the rest of the way. This puts Yates in 3rd & long situations where you can blitz again.

When they run 75% of the last 20 plays as run plays and you don't blitz anybody, that is piss poor game management from the coaches. Last year, if Roddy went down, teams would stack the box like the Saints did on our 4th & 1 and dare somebody else to beat them.

Why did we only blitz 5 times? ESPECIALLY once Johnson went down. Who else was there to be worried about? A TE? Stack the box and completely turn their running game off and make Yates beat you without Johnson. We didn't even do that. You can't tell me that isn't common sense.

Yes this game should fall on the offense, but if our defense just starts blitzing and killing Yates and Foster, the game is 10-10 and all we need is a FG. On that 20 play drive, they ran the ball FIFTEEN TIMES!!! Not 1 run blitz. Not 1.

They didn't blitz more because the texans are one of the best teams in the nfl at running screens. That's why. It's way too easy for a young qb to hit a rb on a screen and let a guy like foster or Tate go for a big gain.

The defensive played a good game, actually scored two td's.

@Maxatlanta - there are these things called "run blitzes". They happen to the Falcons when we play good defenses almost every first down. Yes, you can blitz to stop the run. Especially when the way to stop the ZBS is penetration. Forget everybody we lost, they lost their only WR. Put 8 in the box, tell the safety to watch for Jones deep and the TE deep middle, and play the run the rest of the way. This puts Yates in 3rd & long situations where you can blitz again.

When they run 75% of the last 20 plays as run plays and you don't blitz anybody, that is piss poor game management from the coaches. Last year, if Roddy went down, teams would stack the box like the Saints did on our 4th & 1 and dare somebody else to beat them.

you simply dont get it...do you? defense was NEVER an issue with this team. We restricted them to 17pts.

Our issue this HAS been offense unable to get in sync & score more pts then our opponents.

Look at Packers & Patriots they have the 'worst' pass defense in the league BUT< they still manage to outscore their opponents by just enough to get W

Matt Ryan & Co. have played as single unit from past 3 years. No excuses for dropping such games....that said, I still agree with MattyIceFalcon we lose with Saints & go 10-6 in wild card.

I'm not saying the defense was the problem but they sure did not put their foot on the gas. Especially when Johnson went down. I have been happy with the defense all season. But Sunday, they played just a good game, not a smart game. The offense played a poor game overall.