http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jim_trotter/12/07/quarterback.ratings/index.html#ixzz1g41UyKNU

Not a bad list.

2. Brees

9. Newton

15. Ryan

25: Freeman

I'm sure the knock some will bring up, is Tebow in the top 5. He doesn't have stats and he plays some of the ugliest football ever, but, the guy inspires his team. Inspiration has led the Broncos on a 6 game winning streak. Once they stop winning, he'll be ranked in the 20s.

I actually made it to #10 before I had to write it off as the stupidest article I've seen in the last week related to football.

Obviously I'm biased, but this guy has Matt Hasselback over Matthew Stafford. Compare how those two have played this year and tell me this list isn't just a hilarious overreaction to last week.

Edited by Serge

Man Tebow is taking over the world. Who wins a playoff game first?? Tebow, Newton, Ryan or Freeman??

I see Matt Ryan winning a playoff game first, he's been there twice but never able to pull the trigger. He still has a chance this year but I doubt he'll do it because last year's team is definitely better than this year.

Newton is a good rookie Qb but next year he'll be exploited, he won't be able to keep doing what he's doing and win games. His team is not good as the Panthers defense is horrendous, knowing that Cam has all these godly stats but is only 4-8 as a starter. I see him in the playoffs in 3-4 years.

Same with Tebow, he's barely a viable QB but he's 6-1 since starting. Kind of the opposite of Cam but the same build in the offense. The good thing about Tebow's team is that the defense and run game is carrying the team. He shouldn't be winning a playoff game anytime soon, but at the same time he shouldn't have a 6-1 record either.

Freeman should be in playoff contention this year, starting out 4-2 beating the Falcons and the Saints in the progress, even being number one in the South for a week, but after London they haven't won a game. The Bucs have the talent to go to the playoffs but they aren't disciplined enough to win, they lead the league in penalties and Freeman has regressed badly. They were surely going to win a playoff game next year but this team took 2 steps back so I guess 2-3 years would be probable.

Edited by PassDaBlount

Man Tebow is taking over the world. Who wins a playoff game first?? Tebow, Newton, Ryan or Freeman??

I am not sure, but this is a good question. Last year EVERYTHING came together for Atlanta. The Falcons had one of the luckiest streaks I have EVER seen a team get, with other teams missing easy game winning chip shot field goals, INTs that should have ended games turning into turnovers BACK to the Falcons, the injury bug staying away and HIGHLY favorable officiating. It looked as if the writing was on the wall, the Falcons stormed their way to a first-round bye and HFA throughout the playoffs.

It felt like it was your guys' year. Seriously. But when you lost to the Packers and not just lost but were humiliated at home, I honestly didn't think you guys would recover for 2-3 years. Then on top of that, you mortgage your future on a WR, when I think that the ENTIRE league thought your loss had more to do with your defense.

Matt Ryan MAY win a playoff game if you guys make it this year but it doesn't FEEL like it.

The Bucs pretty much went to 10-6 last year on smoke and mirrors. At no time last year did I feel that that young team was a legitimate threat, even when they beat the Saints. It just didn't seem like we had anything to worry about. And now that Freeman is injured, they seem to be spiraling downward, fast and out of control.

Newton is doing a phenomenal job but I don't think right now they can get by the Falcons or the Saints if they have to play a playoff game on the road. Just my humble opinion but that's how I see it.

I am gonna have to go with Tebow. He doesn't pass the smell test or eyeball test as a QB but they ARE winning and in the end, that is all that matters. That AFC seems WIDE open. Like it could be ANYONE's game and the separation of elite teams and good teams seems razor thin.

I am not sure, but this is a good question. Last year EVERYTHING came together for Atlanta. The Falcons had one of the luckiest streaks I have EVER seen a team get, with other teams missing easy game winning chip shot field goals, INTs that should have ended games turning into turnovers BACK to the Falcons, the injury bug staying away and HIGHLY favorable officiating. It looked as if the writing was on the wall, the Falcons stormed their way to a first-round bye and HFA throughout the playoffs.

It felt like it was your guys' year. Seriously. But when you lost to the Packers and not just lost but were humiliated at home, I honestly didn't think you guys would recover for 2-3 years. Then on top of that, you mortgage your future on a WR, when I think that the ENTIRE league thought your loss had more to do with your defense.

Matt Ryan MAY win a playoff game if you guys make it this year but it doesn't FEEL like it.

The Bucs pretty much went to 10-6 last year on smoke and mirrors. At no time last year did I feel that that young team was a legitimate threat, even when they beat the Saints. It just didn't seem like we had anything to worry about. And now that Freeman is injured, they seem to be spiraling downward, fast and out of control.

Newton is doing a phenomenal job but I don't think right now they can get by the Falcons or the Saints if they have to play a playoff game on the road. Just my humble opinion but that's how I see it.

I am gonna have to go with Tebow. He doesn't pass the smell test or eyeball test as a QB but they ARE winning and in the end, that is all that matters. That AFC seems WIDE open. Like it could be ANYONE's game and the separation of elite teams and good teams seems razor thin.

Lucky? I mean i don't hear anyone bringing up Bama's missed FGs against LSU. Not our fault we had a better special teams than you. A great individual play by roddy which he has done more than once=not luck. We stay away from the injury bug pretty well under Smith. Hence why we keep winning. Favorable officiating my ***. You sound like a typical Aints fan making excuses as to why the Falcons did good. The Falcons did good cause they were good enough to win 13 games last year. I'll say the same thing about the Aints super bowl. They were the best team in the NFL that year and deserved it. It wasn't a gift from the NFL like the TATFers say. Give credit where it's due.

Lucky? I mean i don't hear anyone bringing up Bama's missed FGs against LSU. Not our fault we had a better special teams than you. A great individual play by roddy which he has done more than once=not luck. We stay away from the injury bug pretty well under Smith. Hence why we keep winning. Favorable officiating my ***. You sound like a typical Aints fan making excuses as to why the Falcons did good. The Falcons did good cause they were good enough to win 13 games last year. I'll say the same thing about the Aints super bowl. They were the best team in the NFL that year and deserved it. It wasn't a gift from the NFL like the TATFers say. Give credit where it's due.

Hartley missing a 27 yd fg is luck. No matter how you want to spin it. As for the SF game, i will not discount Roddys hustle to not only catch the DB but punch the ball out to regain possession.

Officiating...debatable. But you did get your share of favorable calls. Either way you played to a 13-3 season. Now facing 11-5 at best and 7-9 at worst. I think it will be somewhere in between. like 9-7. If you are a season-in, season out good team then you wouldnt be where u are now. You have the exact same team from last year. The difference is being a favorite. Tough for your team to play like the favorite.

Either way, this weekend is almost a play off game....lose this and you can almost wave good bye to the post season.

But I want you guys to win. Because I dont want that MNF to be diminished in any way. I want the entire nation to feel the disdain Saints fans have for the Falcons in the Superdome. And then watch us dispatch of the Falcons in a way they are not used to. Welcome to primetime.

Hartley missing a 27 yd fg is luck. No matter how you want to spin it. As for the SF game, i will not discount Roddys hustle to not only catch the DB but punch the ball out to regain possession.

Officiating...debatable. But you did get your share of favorable calls. Either way you played to a 13-3 season. Now facing 11-5 at best and 7-9 at worst. I think it will be somewhere in between. like 9-7. If you are a season-in, season out good team then you wouldnt be where u are now. You have the exact same team from last year. The difference is being a favorite. Tough for your team to play like the favorite.

Either way, this weekend is almost a play off game....lose this and you can almost wave good bye to the post season.

But I want you guys to win. Because I dont want that MNF to be diminished in any way. I want the entire nation to feel the disdain Saints fans have for the Falcons in the Superdome. And then watch us dispatch of the Falcons in a way they are not used to. Welcome to primetime.

Every team gets favorable calls. I will say we were a very well disciplined team last year. I don't know what happened. I do think it has to do with what you said being the hunted not the hunter. Hopefully we respond to that in a big way if we make the playoffs or next year. Honestly my disdain for Saints and their fans didn't truly start until being a Saints fan was the cool thing now all of a sudden everyones a saints fan. I have respect for TRUE saints fans, I'd buy Dago and SR a beer. Not throwing you in that crowd since it appears you've been a fan since 71 but it just pisses me off that we have a million pissing contests (which your post was an obvious bait post for a reply like mine) and not much actual football talk. Realistically i have us at 10-6 swept by NO. I think it'll be a FG game again.

And we are a season in season out good team. We haven't finished worse than 9-7 since 07.

Edited by Ethan...Again

Every team gets favorable calls. I will say we were a very well disciplined team last year. I don't know what happened. I do think it has to do with what you said being the hunted not the hunter. Hopefully we respond to that in a big way if we make the playoffs or next year. Honestly my disdain for Saints and their fans didn't truly start until being a Saints fan was the cool thing now all of a sudden everyones a saints fan. I have respect for TRUE saints fans, I'd buy Dago and SR a beer. Not throwing you in that crowd since it appears you've been a fan since 71 but it just pisses me off that we have a million pissing contests (which your post was an obvious bait post for a reply like mine) and not much actual football talk. Realistically i have us at 10-6 swept by NO. I think it'll be a FG game again.

And we are a season in season out good team. We haven't finished worse than 9-7 since 07.

Born and raised in NO...1971. hence the 71.

Great, buy em a beer. Shoot, drive em around Atlanta. I didnt come here years ago to make friends in Atlanta. I have those already. Saints fans to boot.

Point is ethan that i could care less where your hate comes from. Fact remains ur a Falcon fan and Im a Saints Fan.

And my team > your team tongue.png

I am not taking ANYTHING from the Falcons, you don't get to 13-3 by being a pushover but a lot of things went your way. And when the difference between good teams and teams that sit at home is so slight, ANYTHING helps.

And luck favors the prepared. You guys had quite a few lucky breaks but you were and are a dangerous team and took advantage of the opportunities you were given. So again, I am not taking anything away from you guys.

But are you gonna sit here and tell me that you guys blew the doors off of every team you played? Or are you gonna tell me that you had an awful lot of close games decided by less than 10 points? It doesn't matter because you WON, which is the bottom line. But it bolsters my point that you had some lucky breaks.

Even when we won the Super Bowl, we had some lucky bounces on our side but we were also prepared, as were you guys last year.

BTW, I am not here to call you the FAILcons or Turdy Birds, nor am I hear to discuss Katrina and be called an Aints fan. I am really here for honest and objective football discussion.

The above is my opinion.

Edited by SaintsFanInLA

http://sportsillustr...l#ixzz1g41UyKNU

Not a bad list.

2. Brees

9. Newton

15. Ryan

25: Freeman

I'm sure the knock some will bring up, is Tebow in the top 5. He doesn't have stats and he plays some of the ugliest football ever, but, the guy inspires his team. Inspiration has led the Broncos on a 6 game winning streak. Once they stop winning, he'll be ranked in the 20s.

Which is why Ryan was ranked so highly in the ESPN rating last season. As great as a QB as Archie Manning was he'd be ranked as one of the worst ever according to ESPN's rankings.

Well, from what I've seen outta the BUCS this season it sure won't be Freeman. My money right now would be on Yates. He has the best team around him at the moment.

Kind of what I was thinking. Texans are a good team, if Andre can come back for the playoffs he shouldn't have a problem getting a win.