Cam Has Lion Blood

ThunderCookie

Cam is better than his team. He knows it and ain't afraid to say it!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d824dc0e5/article/cam-on-carolina-im-just-trying-to-get-everybody-on-my-level

You tell him Cam! Carolina ain't nothin' but a bunch of losers!

Holy crap! How do Panther fans feel about this?

All kidding aside, I am not sure how I would feel if a Falcon said this.

I love it.

Smith and Rivera agree 100%.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d824e2009/article/smith-backs-newtons-cries-for-culture-change

Losing ways tend to stick with some players. They're "okay with it". Newton is trying to break them out of that funk that everyone knows they're in.

He's doing what leaders should do. Lead by example. Kid risks his body every game, plays hard on every play, trying to make something happen. He is setting the bar and drawing a line in the sand. It's not okay to lose. There are no moral victories. When he has a bad game, he is the first to call himself out on it, to the media, to his teammates, to the coaching staff.

Next season, he'll be a captain. I'm glad that the Panthers have a leader like Cam on offense. Hopefully the other players take his mindset and start using it as their own.

I love it.

Smith and Rivera agree 100%.

http://www.nfl.com/n...-culture-change

Losing ways tend to stick with some players. They're "okay with it". Newton is trying to break them out of that funk that everyone knows they're in.

He's doing what leaders should do. Lead by example. Kid risks his body every game, plays hard on every play, trying to make something happen. He is setting the bar and drawing a line in the sand. It's not okay to lose. There are no moral victories. When he has a bad game, he is the first to call himself out on it, to the media, to his teammates, to the coaching staff.

Next season, he'll be a captain. I'm glad that the Panthers have a leader like Cam on offense. Hopefully the other players take his mindset and start using it as their own.

I thought you were young and naive? Now you show yourself to be foolish with this latest Cam quip. This does not bode well for a franchise that has been starving for a leader for over a decade now. I see a Steve Smith punch coming soon!

2011-january-8-18-35-12_medium.jpg

i can't imagine calling out everyone else in the organization in the media is an effective unifying technique.

Sometimes it has to be done. I'm sure he originally said all of that to the players as well, before hand. If he didn't see potential in each and every player on the Panthers roster, he wouldn't call them out. He sees the potential, he believes they can play better. He believes his team can win in any game, if they just put forth the effort.

The only ones that will get mad at what he said, are the ones that he is talking about in the first place. The ones that are slacking off because the season is almost over with and they think they can coast nonchalantly into the off-season by mailing games in.

Like I said. Hopefully the rest of the roster follows the lead of Newton, Smith, Shockey, Dwill, Stewart and Kalil. That's a big reason why the defense sucks, the leader, Beason is out. He was the one that held defensive players accountable. He'd call them out, both in private and to the media, if he knew they could play better than they have.

I thought you were young and naive? Now you show yourself to be foolish with this latest Cam quip. This does not bode well for a franchise that has been starving for a leader for over a decade now. I see a Steve Smith punch coming soon!

Punch who? Smitty and Super Cam are good friends, on and off the field. Smith agrees wholeheartedly with Super Cam. The coaching staff agrees with Super Cam. I'm sure most of the roster agrees with Super Cam, especially those that are giving it their all on every play.

The one man that can unite the Panthers and get them playing solid football again after 3 years.

th_SuperCam.jpg

I guess I am just so used to having to deal with other qb's that put team before self and handling things with class, that made me overly sensitive to a rookie qb saying that the veterans better get as good as he is or gtfo.

But if that makes Panther fans happy, then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

Sometimes it has to be done. I'm sure he originally said all of that to the players as well, before hand. If he didn't see potential in each and every player on the Panthers roster, he wouldn't call them out. He sees the potential, he believes they can play better. He believes his team can win in any game, if they just put forth the effort.

The only ones that will get mad at what he said, are the ones that he is talking about in the first place. The ones that are slacking off because the season is almost over with and they think they can coast nonchalantly into the off-season by mailing games in.

Like I said. Hopefully the rest of the roster follows the lead of Newton, Smith, Shockey, Dwill, Stewart and Kalil. That's a big reason why the defense sucks, the leader, Beason is out. He was the one that held defensive players accountable. He'd call them out, both in private and to the media, if he knew they could play better than they have.

it's not that he said it, i don't know what goes on behind closed locker room doors. it's the fact that he said it to the media. what good does that do? as far as sometimes it having to be done, what precedent are you drawing from? when has the star qb of his team called out the entire organization?

Rivera has used that expression several times in press conferences this season. Challenging the team to "play to Newton's level" so to speak. After several years of the "it is, what it is" lines of response in the Fox era, I was taken aback to hear a coach take that approach with the team so openly.

I'm sure Newton's comments will rub some outside the organization the wrong way, and I'm not making excuses for it, but I have yet to see or hear any rift or dissension due to Newton's words or Rivera's approach.

In fact, so far at least, quite the opposite.

Edited by tenbluen

While the Falcons have great leadership with the likes of Roddy White? PUHLEASE!!!!rolleyes.gif

He's not talking about the talent or performance level. He's emotionally destroyed after every loss. I remember a Falcon, I'm pretty sure it was Brooking, saying that if one of his teammates could be happy and okay with losing a game, that he didn't want to play with that guy. That's all Cam is saying here, with a little bit of gotcha journalism and message board exaggeration thrown in.