One Stark Difference In The 2007 Giants And 2010 Packers From Us.

they had a pass rush and we do not. its that simple. teams can overcome a lot of things if they can consistently devastate the opposing teams quarterback. A consistent pressure on the quarterback not only can take over games but forces crucial turnovers. i hear a lot of people say that if the 2007 giants and 2010 packers can make it to the playoffs and do well we can. with our dline right not i do not see it happening. i hope im wrong and i would love to be wrong. our system is ineffective if we cannot get great pressure with our front four.

I agree with you. The Giants did for sure and last year the Packers were 2nd to the Steelers in sacks with 47.

But look at the Packers this year. We are 12-0 and have NO pass rush. Clay Matthews is trying to do it all himself. He is getting hurries, but other than that we are 18th in sacks with 26. It shows with our defensive numbers, but a team is still able to succeed without a GREAT pass rush.

Of course it helps greatly. Just thought I would throw that out there.

I agree with you. The Giants did for sure and last year the Packers were 2nd to the Steelers in sacks with 47.

But look at the Packers this year. We are 12-0 and have NO pass rush. Clay Matthews is trying to do it all himself. He is getting hurries, but other than that we are 18th in sacks with 26. It shows with our defensive numbers, but a team is still able to succeed without a GREAT pass rush.

Of course it helps greatly. Just thought I would throw that out there.

This year the packers are an anomoly. They are just so good on offense that it covers up the shortcomings on the defensive side.

Guest Negatorris

Pass Rush has been decent last two games.

4 sacks vs Vikes

3 sacks vs Texans

I'd say that's progress at least. One difference from those teams was their ability to cause turnovers. We used to have that, but not lately we haven't.