In A World Parallel With Madden - Trade Our Good To Very Good Qb For A Elite One

I know it's ridiculous but TD has proven himself to be agressive and I'm practing for my armchair/madden GM job. Both scenario's call for a healthy Peyton Manning. Besides it looks like we will have alot of cap room next year. Much of Ryans salary was absorbed this year and will be cheaper next year making him more valuable

Scenario One - 3 team trade - Players several years into their contracts for minimal salary cap penalty -

1. Trade Matt Ryan for two 1st round draft picks and a 3rd string WR - Cleveland's two 1st rounders(incuding our pick for Julio) or any teams first this year and next.

2. Take those two first, Roddy, and potentially Grimes(franchised) if that's what it takes for the 1st pick and right to draft Andrew Luck.

Matt Ryan replaced by Andrew Luck

Roddy White replaced by Harry Douglas

Harry Douglas replaced by 3rd string WR trade(Harry could still line up in the slot for 3 wide sets)

Brent Grimes replaced by Kelvin Hayden or a FA(This one hurts most unless there is a great FA out there).

Kelvin Hayden nickel job replaced by draft pick or FA(no faith in Owens or Franks) - D Walls could also compete at nickel/dime with a year under his belt.

This scenario would trade away 2-3 high quality players near the end of their contracts so the salary cap implications would be minimal.

Scenario Two:

1. Sign Peyton Manning - Peyton heals as recent rumors would suggest - Peyton's 28 million dollar option is not picked up in March since the Colts plan to draft A Luck and the injury leaves a question marks. I'm sure there will be changes to the Colts staff. Why try to rebuild short term when Manning is your only weapon? Kelvin Hayden has healed from the same surgery.

2. Trade Matt Ryan for two 1st round picks and use them

I know neither will never happen but if it did we could upgrade the QB position we are already doing well at. I know everyone has an opinion of Ryan and I really like him. However he's in that good to really good range but not in the elite with Brady, Manning, Rodgers, and maybe Brees. I love his decision making but not his accuracy. Luck has a chance to be elite and Manning if fully healed already is.

Good QB's have a CHANCE to win a Super Bowl. Elite QB's USUALLY win at least one Super Bowl.

Edited by falconfanatic365

people on this board hate but dont have much rationality to back it up with. its one thing to be like i dont like matt ryan but then im like ok well what do you expect the falcons to do about it? unless he completely regresses and we lose out hes not going anywhere.

I don't hate Matt Ryan, I like him. I'll be glad to keep him and am happy to have him. I think he's probably the 6-10th best QB in the league and that is saying alot. However, if you have an opportunity for a top 3 QB you take it.

I don't hate Matt Ryan, I like him. I'll be glad to keep him and am happy to have him. I think he's probably the 6-10th best QB in the league and that is saying alot. However, if you have an opportunity for a top 3 QB you take it.

What if Luck is a bust???

What if Luck is a bust???

Then we swung for the fences and missed. However, if he's not we could potentially have a dynasty. He has been called "the surest prospect since Elway" by nearly every expert alive. However, many similar comparisons were made about Reggie Bush. I'd be willing to roll the dice.

I don't hate Matt Ryan, I like him. I'll be glad to keeep him and am happy to have him. I think he's probably the 6-10th best QB in the league and that is saying alot. However, if you have an opportunity for a top 3 QB you take it.

So you want to drastically alter this teams fabric in a trade of a unproven upcoming rookie or a former 35 year old MVP quarterback coming off a major neck surgery? Thank God we have a real GM instead of armchair ones or we would be flushed straight down the toilet.

So you want to drastically alter this teams fabric in a trade of a unproven upcoming rookie or a former 35 year old MVP quarterback coming off a major neck surgery? Thank God we have a real GM instead of armchair ones or we would be flushed straight down the toilet.

I hear you but it's Peyton Freaking Manning. When healthy, Peyton took a 0-12 team and won how many consecutive division titles while winning a Super Bowl and having two appearances? Peyton Manning plus 2 1st round draft picks for this team means a minimum of 3 rings.

This is contigent on a healthy return(Kelvin Hayden seems to have recovered)

wouldn't trade him, he may not be perfect, and he def isn't elite at the moment, but he is still a better option than two thirds of the starting QBs in the league. Only one I would be willing to trade him for is Rodgers and that's never going to happen.

Luck is essentially Ryan2.0, not much of an upgrade, and Manning only as a few years left in the tank and may struggle to stay healthy and adjust to a new O

as much as I do believe Luck will be the next great young QB, I wouldnt make the trade.

And I def. wouldnt make it for Manning. If the Colts are willing to part ways with the best QB in the history of the NFL, after seeing exactly how valuable he is to them, there is something terribly wrong with him. I mean really, they are gonna let Manning walk for a guy that they could only pray would be close to as good?

With that said, if I am running the Colts....I take Luck with the #1 overall pick. Then I take a STUD OG/OT with the top #2 pick. I would also be going after the best OG or OT in free agency. WR's are good, and you might be able to get away with the RB corps for one more year.

If they do move Peyton, might want to look for a center as well, because if IND cuts Manning I think Saturday will demand out. He is a high character guy and wont stand for Manning getting screwed.

^^for some reason I cant edit, but even if the Colts take Luck, they should keep Manning.

If he plays next season and dominates he raises his value a ton. Luck will be cheap due to new draft pay scale, so he can learn for 1-3 years from the best/smartest QB ever and the Colts never miss a beat....even if there is an injury.

Then we swung for the fences and missed. However, if he's not we could potentially have a dynasty. He has been called "the surest prospect since Elway" by nearly every expert alive. However, many similar comparisons were made about Reggie Bush. I'd be willing to roll the dice.

There's a lot of things unsure with Luck. Leadership skills, playing under adversity and leading his team from behind to win the game. Also, it's hard to tell how he deals with physical pressure too, because he has great protection. That last point was true with Andy Dalton too though and he seems to have done a reasonable job.

This is ridiculous, and this fantasy football dreamworld around here is so tired . Matt Ryan is a safer bet now than any QB coming out of college, even Andrew Luck. He's established, won more games in his first 3 years than anyone. He's #2 in QB turnover ratio ALL TIME after Aaron Rodgers, meaning he's not costing us games.

There isn't this ceiling on Matt Ryan that everyone thinks there is. The one deficiency in his game is the singlemost overrated attribute in a QBs game. Throwing deep is helpful, but Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers aren't throwing 70 yd bombs every throw. They are in offenses that get their players in space, We have a ball control offense that focuses on TOP and getting first downs, not taking it to the house at any moment. In the right scheme, there is nothing physically or mentally keeping Matt Ryan from being an elite QB.

How's Sam Bradford doing? Not so great, but I promise you, he'll still be the Rams QB in year 5. It is beyond stupid, I mean effing idiotic, moronic to suggest that anytime in the next 5 years this team even considers replacing Matt Ryan. Unless we go 0-16 and he starts throwing 50 Ints a season, no one's job at Flowery Branch is safer than Matt Ryan's.

Alex Smith is still the QB in San Fran, and you think that there is a possibility that the FO would even consider replacing Matt Ryan, who has won 40 games in 4 seasons? Sorry, hypothetical or not, that's freaking crazy.