Official Hick'ry Stick Award Thread, 2011 Quarter 3

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is, Spoon is doing what was expected of him when we drafted him ...playing very well and roaming sideline to sideline, making tackles ...Svitek like Clabo, Grimes and Dahl came out of nowhere , is playing way over his head and expectations, and saving our azzes at the LT spot ....but they both could deserve it IMO .......

Folks, I know that it's hard to get up for much after a tough loss like vs. Texans, but I'm gonna tell you all now that the future of the HSA depends on votes and I have noticed that the turn-out at the polls has been lacking this season. A lot of effort goes into putting this all together and to end up with 20 - 30 votes total for a quarterly award just ain't gonna cut it because it's hardly worth the time and trouble.

It only takes a second to vote and it doesn't cost anything. If 20 - 30 votes is the best we can do, we may have to reevaluate the HSA after this season and possibly pull the plug. You all will decide it's fate, by with voting or not. Either way is fine by me.

That poll feature ever gonna work Supes? Seems like it's so much easier for some folks to click and go than type in a vote. Sounds silly I know but just a theory.

That poll feature ever gonna work Supes? Seems like it's so much easier for some folks to click and go than type in a vote. Sounds silly I know but just a theory.

The problem with just voting in a poll is that many folks vote and move on without replying. Making it a write-in only helps keep the thread bumped, at least in theory.

The problem with just voting in a poll is that many folks vote and move on without replying. Making it a write-in only helps keep the thread bumped, at least in theory.

I'm sure a few of us round here could keep the Hick'ry threads bumped if the poll was reintroduced. I know I'd do my part! wink.png

I'm sure a few of us round here could keep the Hick'ry threads bumped if the poll was reintroduced. I know I'd do my part! wink.png

Well, I don't think BCEagle can get it to work on her end. This happened when they migrated to these new boards. I have like 300 people on my ignore list since the migration and I've never put anyone on ignore. Can't fix it either.

Well, I don't think BCEagle can get it to work on her end. This happened when they migrated to these new boards. I have like 300 people on my ignore list since the migration and I've never put anyone on ignore. Can't fix it either.

That's exactly what it is. It isn't even an option for me on these boards. dry.png If someone else can get it to work, I'll just PM them the write-up to post in the future.

Spoon, on condition he give up that crazy spooning act.

What he ought to do, after he makes a tackle, is hold the player down and actually spoon with him, I bet that would intimidate some dudes. Every RB we face will be tiptoeing to the LOS scared of looking like Sean's prison B!+@# on National Television.