I Just Heard A Great Caller On 790Thezone

had to post this because i'm with you bro -

i listened to a caller on the way in to work say the following which is the precise sentiment i have:

"i'm such a dummy, i go to church and get home and turn the t.v. on with my wife and i watch two balls sail over the head of roddy white and julio jones and i know right there that the game is over - yet i sit through the whole game and am dejected with the outcome. now i'm going to work like i'm on my way to a wake."

it's nice to know there are other true fans of their home football team as this guy. i hate losing.

I'm usually like this but I'm trying to not let it effect me like that this time. I made a decision about half way through the game when I was all but sure we would lose that I was just going to watch it and if they won great, if not, life goes on. I too had to go to work directly after and that's exactly why I hate working Sundays because I'm usually miserable. I managed to not let this one effect me too much but watching the highlights and thinking back make it hard to not get frustrated because we lost mostly because of us. So much could have been different. But it wasn't and it was the Falcons' fault. It really isn't worth getting stressed out over, though I typically do.

These cats, while they hate losing and it bothers most of them, they don't let it effect them like fans do. They are typically joking around the next day, if not sooner. There is no reason for us to stew in misery all week if they aren't. Which they aren't. Gotta move on and hope for the best next week.

None of this is to say you have to be happy or not curse at the tv during the game.

Until people see that we are an average football team, they will waste too much emotional energy on this team. The Qb for starters is an intermediate throwing QB. Anything beyond 30 yards is really really pushing it. You can't go far with a one dimesional QB. One that can't complete a pass beyond 30 yards. He doesn't have the physical acumen to run for 10 yards withouth sliding before he gets to the 9th yard. Disgusting....A defensive backfield with the best corner all of 5'7" ( a **** good 5' 7" I might add )with the rest being average on the BEST day. I could go on but I won't waste my time.

me too. especially if i go with a few makers and 7ups during the game if we play like sh!t i have a hard time pretending to make conversation with anyone for the rest of the day and then i can't watch other games b/c it just pisses me off to no end.

c/s

Im kind of burnt out on the team, we need new assistants so bad.

i listened to a caller on the way in to work say the following which is the precise sentiment i have:

"i'm such a dummy, i go to church and get home and turn the t.v. on with my wife and i watch two balls sail over the head of roddy white and julio jones and i know right there that the game is over - yet i sit through the whole game and am dejected with the outcome. now i'm going to work like i'm on my way to a wake."

it's nice to know there are other true fans of their home football team as this guy. i hate losing.

I'm the same way. I'm a middle school teacher and the kids even know that after the falcons lose not to ask me anything about the game or mention the score or the other teams name in my classroom for at least a day after the game!

Now if we win they know I'm going to be in a GREAT MOOD!

how many years do I have to keep punishing myself? will we get the superbowl before I die?.... this started in the 60's...

so now you can see into my mind on these monday mornings when I get to look at the NFC south standings...

and to think that San Francisco is 2nd seed.... GIVE ME A BREAK! WE HAVE BEEN REBUILDING FOR YEARS AND YEARS ..... WHEN ARE WE GOING TO BE BUILT ENOUGH TO WIN AGAINST A GOOD TEAM!!!! WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET PAST THE SEASON....

Plus, I have to be honest....I had some personal business dealings with some execs in the organization a couple of years ago that kinda left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. I like to think that it didn't alter my overall feeling about the actual football team but you never know about those things deep down......

Understandable...it is, after all, a business!

I am certainly a consumer of the total package—ownership, management and the players—and this is why I could never be a solid fan of any team whose ownership or management I take issue. Something is missing with this team this season and we are seeing a lack of discipline, readiness, energy, and preparedness unlike any of the three previous seasons. The team just last year was the model of consistency and discipline!

Could it be that the chink in Arthur Blank’s personal life is affecting the entire organization? I’m not sure but something is definitely missing in this team, top to bottom.

Edited by Quarterback

Understandable...it is a business!

I am certainly a consumer of the total package—ownership, management and the players—and this is why I could never be a solid fan of any team whose ownership or management I have issues with.

Something is missing with this team this season and we are seeing a lack of discipline, readiness, energy, and preparedness unlike any of the three season seasons. Could it be that the chink in Arthur Blank’s personal life is affecting the entire organization? I’m not sure but something is definitely missing in this team, top to bottom.

Totally agree. I've felt the same way

Understandable...it is a business!

I am certainly a consumer of the total package—ownership, management and the players—and this is why I could never be a solid fan of any team whose ownership or management I have issues with.

Something is missing with this team this season and we are seeing a lack of discipline, readiness, energy, and preparedness unlike any of the three season seasons. Could it be that the chink in Arthur Blank’s personal life is affecting the entire organization? I’m not sure but something is definitely missing in this team, top to bottom.

Can't put my finger on it QB...I really can't. I watch most of the games over at Superfan's place every Sunday and we were talking about the hump this team can't seem to ever get over and the obvious malaise that has infected them this year. Coaches, or more specifically the coordinators? The talent, i.e., guys we're running out onto the field? GM, scouts in the organization? Some or all of the above?

Unlike a lot of people who pontificate on here I don't pretend to have the answer to the Falcons and their pretty much historically bad showing(s).

Can't put my finger on it QB...I really can't. I watch most of the games over at Superfan's place every Sunday and we were talking about the hump this team can't seem to ever get over and the obvious malaise that has infected them this year. Coaches, or more specifically the coordinators? The talent, i.e., guys we're running out onto the field? GM, scouts in the organization? Some or all of the above?

Unlike a lot of people who pontificate on here I don't pretend to have the answer to the Falcons and their pretty much historically bad showing(s).

Nobody really knows the answer. It's all speculative banter. It always amuses me when we (me included) talk like we know what was supposed to happen on the field. Of course it's just football talk but if there was anyone posting here that actually KNEW how to fix this, they should be working in the nfl.

Until people see that we are an average football team, they will waste too much emotional energy on this team. The Qb for starters is an intermediate throwing QB. Anything beyond 30 yards is really really pushing it. You can't go far with a one dimesional QB. One that can't complete a pass beyond 30 yards. He doesn't have the physical acumen to run for 10 yards withouth sliding before he gets to the 9th yard. Disgusting....A defensive backfield with the best corner all of 5'7" ( a **** good 5' 7" I might add )with the rest being average on the BEST day. I could go on but I won't waste my time.

Agreed on the team being avg to pretty good. Also agree Ryan doesn't hit the deep ball well.

Just for knowledge, though...how often do you think QBs in general complete passes more than 30 yards in the air? I was curious awhile back (since this is a definite limitation of Ryan) and found that the guys we think of as best at that...Rodger, Brees, Roethlisberger, Brady...completed no more than 8 passes over 30 yards for the entire 2010 season.

So, stated again, the best QBs only complete one pass over 30 yards every 2 game. One every 2 games. What that points out is that a plan that relies on the QB hitting 30+ pass plays is a bad plan. Ryan is worse at this aspect than some, sure...but that's not what the problem is with the passing game. After all...none of the other great QBs last year made those completions either. They made hay in the 10-30 yard range with schemes that had their receivers open and running in space.

I have sat through every painful game this season (except for the Indy game; that wasn't painful at all)... Mondays are the most bipolar day of the week for me and it depends on what the Falcons did on Sunday. Although I am usually over it and on to the next game by Tuesday, the loss will be with me until the next win. I also live in Saints territory, so I get it at work and school when the Falcons lose.

I live in Saints territory as well...plus LSU...so I heard crap about both games. I was at the game this past weekend....it was painfull! LOL Losing is bad but hearing constant crap, especially when I do not do the same sux. Just not much for talking smack to the other fans. Just cheer for my team.