I Just Heard A Great Caller On 790Thezone

had to post this because i'm with you bro -

i listened to a caller on the way in to work say the following which is the precise sentiment i have:

"i'm such a dummy, i go to church and get home and turn the t.v. on with my wife and i watch two balls sail over the head of roddy white and julio jones and i know right there that the game is over - yet i sit through the whole game and am dejected with the outcome. now i'm going to work like i'm on my way to a wake."

it's nice to know there are other true fans of their home football team as this guy. i hate losing.

yet I bet there is is going to be people who say "this is only one game" crap.

I am one of the fans that takes it hard after a lose. no one is allowed to talk to me for a good while, cause I just want to snap. and I cannot watch any football games for the rest of the day.

me too. especially if i go with a few makers and 7ups during the game if we play like sh!t i have a hard time pretending to make conversation with anyone for the rest of the day and then i can't watch other games b/c it just pisses me off to no end.

yet I bet there is is going to be people who say "this is only one game" crap.

I am one of the fans that takes it hard after a lose. no one is allowed to talk to me for a good while, cause I just want to snap. and I cannot watch any football games for the rest of the day.

I try not to be mad about it for no longer than it took to play the game, and sometimes that works. I tell myself that pro sports are nothing but entertainment (and that is exactly what it is), but I'm still pissed. I guess in the end, it does not matter if I'm mad or not. I can't do anything about it except hope for a better outcome the rest of the way.

I try not to be mad about it for no longer than it took to play the game, and sometimes that works. I tell myself that pro sports are nothing but entertainment (and that is exactly what it is), but I'm still pissed. I guess in the end, it does not matter if I'm mad or not. I can't do anything about it except hope for a better outcome the rest of the way.

let me know if you ever find out how to not get so mad. I would love to know.

I'm finally starting to feel better.

had to post this because i'm with you bro -

i listened to a caller on the way in to work say the following which is the precise sentiment i have:

"i'm such a dummy, i go to church and get home and turn the t.v. on with my wife and i watch two balls sail over the head of roddy white and julio jones and i know right there that the game is over - yet i sit through the whole game and am dejected with the outcome. now i'm going to work like i'm on my way to a wake."

it's nice to know there are other true fans of their home football team as this guy. i hate losing.

Yeah I'm with you Nique! I was already feeling it after my DAWGS "you know whated the pooch" on Saturday. I didin't even catch the first half and had my alerts turned off on my phone. When I got home to see what was going on I was shocked and got that same feeling as soon as I watched the first few plays of the second half. Just didn't look like we wanted it enough until right at the end...too little too late. This one actually hurts...silly as that sounds coming from a fan.

Edited by ol'_dirty2

I agree. I use to get mad and everyone around me knew not to talk to me or bother me after a loss. I would be irritable and just no fun to be around. That's no way to live life.

I suppose what changed was I had my son 2 years ago and realized that as much as I want him to enjoy te entertainment of sports and rooting for a team, he shouldn't learn to react like daddy to a loss.

Does it suck? Of course. I just realized that it's no reason to ruin the rest of your afternoon or week because of a loss. You just gotta hope for better next week.

well than maybe we go back to 2007 when we went 4-12 before we had the turn around in 2008 which was might I add quicker than the experts or fans had expected after Vick left and bobby patrino just up an left.guys maybe we get it together or we don't but you know what since i was a kid i been watching this team go through ups an downs and that's what it is.Matt been over throwing ball for 4 years now and he is still better than what is out there.that fan forgot to mention all the dropped balls that hit the ground also yesterday and there has to be an attempt to catch it for there to be drops.everyone stunk it up not just Ryan and that is a fact.I'm dealing with it you all should to and they are still in the playoff hunt so what is the problem.let's try and save our panic for the end of the season.And stop trying to validate what that fan is saying as trying to present your opinion of a true fan.Buffalo now those are true fans to sit and watch there team make the big dance only to loose four in a row and now they stank.

even though we lost the game, i dont feel we are looser's by far, though im upset only because i hate losing, i believe this game serves as an eye opener to our team, which is play within your game, i feel we tried some things yesterday that weren't warranted due to the competition, the texans arent a push over team and thats how we game planned them... as far as m.r outing yesterday all though it wasnt one of his better games i remain confident in our qb simply because the things that he's not doing well i.e , ball placement, timing and his footwork within the pocket can all be corrected and in time they will be, im almost certain of it.

Meh....I don't let it bug me near as much as it used to.....The Falcons aren't personal friends or family members, they don't pay my bills or do any yard work for me.

I've been much more emotionally invested in this team in the past than I am now. The Falcons have disappointed me far too many times for me to ever completely get that tied to them again.

I shrug off a smelly performance like yesterday's before the day is even over.

I have sat through every painful game this season (except for the Indy game; that wasn't painful at all)... Mondays are the most bipolar day of the week for me and it depends on what the Falcons did on Sunday. Although I am usually over it and on to the next game by Tuesday, the loss will be with me until the next win. I also live in Saints territory, so I get it at work and school when the Falcons lose.

Plus, I have to be honest....I had some personal business dealings with some execs in the organization a couple of years ago that kinda left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. I like to think that it didn't alter my overall feeling about the actual football team but you never know about those things deep down......

I have to admit it, I'm still mad. A catch by Julio, would have tied the game, then who knows what could have happened after that. He's gonna have to do a lot, in my opinion, to make up for that play. We may look back on it, and say, that loss kept us out of the playoffs......who knows.

I mean, after the '08 season, I thought we finally had a chance to have a winner in the ATL (and we do, of sorts) but we just can't seem to take it to the next level.

But, I'll continue to watch, root for 'em, and be up and down with 'em, just like I have since '66. After all, they're my home team...

Everybody hate to lose and if you say different then I know you are lying. However if you don't look at as being 1 game lost, then you be like some people on the board: predicting us to lose to the panther. My personal favorite: trading our franchise qb along with a future first rounder for a qb whose career is almost over.

As a fan you have to almost trick yourself into believing that your team will bounce back and you may get tired of wishing the same exact thing after a tough loss. It will not make you love this team any less.

Yeah that about sums it up. We just do not look like a playoff team his year. If we miss the wildcard it might be the best thing for us because we're not going anywhere. I'm a Ryan fan and I know he had some dropped passes, but he's having a dreadful year.

I agree, but on a different "note," when you gonna post a vid of you playing that git-fiddle?