What Kind Of Fans Do We Have?

Miller2Rison

Deion Sanders was booed by some when he was enshrined in the ring of honor. What is there to figure out about the message board? It's been cleaned up here recently, but obviously you weren't around for the cesspool of garbage and filth that used to run around here. Unless you've been lurking for an insame amount of time and FINALLY decided to make an account, you don't know what this board has gone through in terms of Vick trolls.

vick trolls? that sucks

I take it that is was vick fan or vick hater and no one stating the facts!

I would like to add my two cents in, but I do not want to be thrown into a troll or troll hater.

I'm glad it is cleaned up. I would have hated it and probably left to never to return. in fact if it was really bad that would have been enough for me to not be a falcons fan.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vick trolls? that sucks I take it that is was vick fan or vick hater and no one stating the facts! I would like to add my two cents in, but I do not want to be thrown into a troll or troll hater. I'm glad it is cleaned up. I would have hated it and probably left to never to return. in fact if it was really bad that would have been enough for me to not be a falcons fan.

Oh man, if you could have been here. There are still some stragglers around, just because they get off (I guess) on stirring the pot. Others have done well to mask their "fandom" as a Falcons fan, but their agenda and antics say otherwise.

Oh man, if you could have been here. There are still some stragglers around, just because they get off (I guess) on stirring the pot. Others have done well to mask their "fandom" as a Falcons fan, but their agenda and antics say otherwise.

well maybe they were really trolls.

but I would guess the boards are getting better, which would mean the fans will get better in time.

Obviously you can't grasp the concept of what truly is going on. Dan Marino, and Steve Young are HALL OF FAME players. They are players who played for ONE TEAM. They retired WITH THAT TEAM. Michael Vick IS NO LONGER A FALCON, YET the fans still cheer for him when he comes in sporting an Eagles uniform. Last time I checked, if you are wearing the red and black, you should be cheering for the red and black. NOT cheering for an individual DURING the game. Look at Brett Favre when he went back to Green Bay. They cheered him in the pre-game, but as soon as the game started, they booed him like crazy. THAT is what I am talking about. When a fan base cheers for an opposing player, you know something is ****** up.

We had a couple Favre fans in Lambeau, but I was there and 90% of the stadium was booing him once the game started. That is the way it should be.

I really don't care if our fans trash the team as a whole or a certain player or coach. To me there is some sort of passion there.

What does bother me, are the fans who go to games, and sit the entire time, not cheering, not making any noise and not making a difference by giving the team a home field advantage. The game day experience is getting boring, and it's not the play of the team that makes it that way. People act as though they're sitting in their living rooms having a conversation on the phone. Looking at the Texans crowd yesterday, made me jealous. Those people were having some fun. Every game I've been to over the last 5 seasons, has just been a sad effort of fan support. Yes, there have been games where there was a pulse of sorts, but it's nothing like it used to be between 1998 and 2004.

This is another question of mine, i dont live in the atlanta area ne more there for i have not been to a game in a few years but the dome field advantage in 2004 was phenominal, it was an experiance like i never had going to atl fulton co. stadium or the ga dome prior to that year. Even in 1998 i went to the Colts game Peyton's rookie year and i might as well have been at neyland stadium with all of the orange and white in there. In 2004 under the Vick lead falcons that dome atmosphere was fun man we really had a home field advantage like i had not seen ever before not with miller, not with george, not with chandler but under Vick we were sold out and even the tailgating outside was funner than it had been before than, before vick i went to games looking for falcons fans when vick was there it was dominated by falcons fans, i know the racial divide exists if u dont see ur blind, now with matt ryan under center i havn't been to the ga dome but i hear "how quite it is" the other teams "travel well"

Yes we do have some weak willed people as fans but what team doesn't.

I disagree that our coaches didn't have the team prepared.

I've said this in alot of threads but we do need a little luck and today those 2 TD's pulled back we got none.

The first INT throw to Roddy I thought if the flea flicker had been on the money I think Ryan makes that throw out towards the sideline a little more Roddy could quite possibly have scored off that throw and I thought that could have set the tone for us today backed there safties off and opened the run up alittle more.

But in saying this the Texans defense is awfully tough there LBers are beasts.Kudo's must be given they outplayed us made the plays when they counted and deserved to win the game.

The Texans did play well and they are the better team and they did deserve to win. Now the question is why did they play well compared to us when their 5th round rookie QB was in his first NFL start; why are they the better team when we are loaded with stars on offense and we have BVG, probably the greatest defensive mind to ever grace the Falcon sideline and we're now deep into the fourth year of Mike Smith's "process" toward greatness. I don't understand. Hopefully someone here will explain this.

Obviously you can't grasp the concept of what truly is going on. Dan Marino, and Steve Young are HALL OF FAME players. They are players who played for ONE TEAM. They retired WITH THAT TEAM. Michael Vick IS NO LONGER A FALCON, YET the fans still cheer for him when he comes in sporting an Eagles uniform. Last time I checked, if you are wearing the red and black, you should be cheering for the red and black. NOT cheering for an individual DURING the game. Look at Brett Favre when he went back to Green Bay. They cheered him in the pre-game, but as soon as the game started, they booed him like crazy. THAT is what I am talking about. When a fan base cheers for an opposing player, you know something is ****** up.

You must not have watched the primetime game against the eagles this year. Vick was getting booed like crazy after the game had started. Watch any Green Bay game, or any Vikings game when the camera pans to the fans. Every time you will see at least one or two people with a #4 jersey on.

Your overgeneralization of what the fanbase is like is just going to make things worse and there is a lot that think like you do to. It's about to be 2012 nobody is worrying about Vick as much as you say they were. Even the media couldn't even cause a riot with what they were talking about leading up to that game so please stop it.

70%? Either back that up with facts or admit you are being overdramatic.

The Texans did play well and they are the better team and they did deserve to win. Now the question is why did they play well compared to us when their 5th round rookie QB was in his first NFL start; why are they the better team when we are loaded with stars on offense and we have BVG, probably the greatest defensive mind to ever grace the Falcon sideline and we're now deep into the fourth year of Mike Smith's "process" toward greatness. I don't understand. Hopefully someone here will explain this.

BVG sux we have talented players that make him look good, a real defensive coordinator could come in and turn our defense into the number 1 defense in the league.

They just have an overall better team. I don't even want to think about what would happen if we had to go against Shaub, in fact we were unlucky to go against Yates because he's clearly better than Leinart already.

If any team has the potential to be the 2010 Packers that would be the Texans if they had Shaub. That team is good.

BVG sux we have talented players that make him look good, a real defensive coordinator could come in and turn our defense into the number 1 defense in the league.

I hate BVG for personal reasons but this D is not that talented. They did their job yesterday holding them to 10 points up to the 4 minute mark in the 4th while causing two turnovers that were cancelled out by misstimed penalties.

The offense didn't show up.

This is another question of mine, i dont live in the atlanta area ne more there for i have not been to a game in a few years but the dome field advantage in 2004 was phenominal, it was an experiance like i never had going to atl fulton co. stadium or the ga dome prior to that year. Even in 1998 i went to the Colts game Peyton's rookie year and i might as well have been at neyland stadium with all of the orange and white in there. In 2004 under the Vick lead falcons that dome atmosphere was fun man we really had a home field advantage like i had not seen ever before not with miller, not with george, not with chandler but under Vick we were sold out and even the tailgating outside was funner than it had been before than, before vick i went to games looking for falcons fans when vick was there it was dominated by falcons fans, i know the racial divide exists if u dont see ur blind, now with matt ryan under center i havn't been to the ga dome but i hear "how quite it is" the other teams "travel well"

Atl/0, here is my proof. If Vick were still the QB, the city of Atlanta would in large part still be behind this football team, and there would be no "well traveling" opposing teams. The city of Atlanta is inhabited mostly by African-American people. They got behind the Falcons when they had Vick, and most of the non-season ticket holders have since stopped coming to the games.

We do seem to struggle against good well schemed 34 defense's.

I still think if we hit a couple of those deep shots early its a different result.

With regards to Yates he did a job the 2 TO he did commit he was rescued by the zebra's outside of that his thing for the week would have been to commit no TOers which in the end helped them get the W.

I'm more inclined to think the W was because there O-line in the end got Foster going and they were able to control the ball as the ran it 40+ times yesterday and Yates only completed 12 odd passes in my view Yates didn't beat us but Foster and there O-line wore us down.

Secondly therre defense did what we were trying to do to them they made us 1 dimensional took away our balance by stopping Turner and with our drops by our WRers it cost us in the end but I guess I look at the result and to me its like the Tampa and NO games its another fish that got away.

The bad thing for us is it december and if we are a legit play-off prospect we need to build momentum here if we stutter in and go 2-2 3-1 with scratchy wins I fear its 1 and done again which to me will be a more disappointing season than the last 3.

Atl/0, here is my proof. If Vick were still the QB, the city of Atlanta would in large part still be behind this football team, and there would be no "well traveling" opposing teams. The city of Atlanta is inhabited mostly by African-American people. They got behind the Falcons when they had Vick, and most of the non-season ticket holders have since stopped coming to the games.

So your proof is another posters opinion? Nice work.

Guest King Shot

I see a 1,000 times more steve young jersey's. Guess they all wanted him to be bret favre.

Vick jersey is cheap. and you can still find them made today. people liked him because of how long he played and then he over paid a price for dog fighting then he went to eagles to play pretty good.

Uh no, the price he paid wasn't for "dog fighting."

The price he paid was for financing an interstate gambling ring, which based on previous precedent for people convicted of the same crime, he paid ZERO price at all.

I wish people actually knew the ******* crimes that Vick was convicted of and didn't CONSTANTLY assume that he was sent to prison for fighting ******* dogs.

I'm not labeling this franchise under Mike Smith a "losing" franchise. I am just simply stating that we have reached our ceiling with our current set of coordinators. The type of offense that Mularkey runs on a good day is good enough to win close games. The style he used yesterday he has no bussiness running. He doesn't have the slightest clue on how to run a spread passing attack. It's not his forte. What Mularkey does best is use the power running game to set up the playaction pass. We got away from the run WAY too early yesterday. Yes, I understand that Houston has a great defense, but you can't go one dimensional from the gates and expect to have a great turnout.

The Hawks are handicapped by one of the worst ownership groups I have ever seen in my entire life. They ran the Thrashers out of Atlanta, and like you said, are probably closer than we think of running the Hawks out. The Hawks are like the Falcons. They've reached their ceiling and are comfortable with just making the playoffs and being one and done. They don't have that fire in them anymore. They have too much money invested in Joe Johnson to make a serious run at any player worth a ****. They should have let JJ walk, and used the $100 million to sign other valuable pieces. Horford is a great 5, but would be a DOMINANT 4. Josh Smith is NOT a 3, yet he plays like a 3 and hurts the team more than helps. What he does best is bang boards, and plays physical in the paint. Not taking 5-6 3 point shots a game that everyone in the building knows he won't make. The Hawks need to make a move. We need to trade Josh Smith for a true 5. I wish we never would have signed Joe Johnson to that outrageous contract. He is NOT a star player. He is a great compliment player, but cannot be the team leader. When I think of leadership, I don't think Joe Johnson. I think Al Horford

I agree with what you have said here. BVG & Murlarky both need ran out of town. Their older playing styles don't work anymore. Look at the Saints, they get the younger Payton to coach them and they get a SB. GB gets rid of Holmgren and Favre and they get a SB and Coughlin, the oldest coach in the NFL, looks to be on his way out too. There is just no room in the NFL for these older coaches. That's why Fisher, Cowher, Billick, and other great coaches are unemployed in the NFL.

As for the Hawks, no one wants to play in Atlanta. The only players we get to play for us are draft picks and has-beens. We should have never signed JJ to that ridiculous contract and priority number one needs to be getting Horford moved to 4 and getting a true 5 (Dwight 2012!!!). Teague showed some talent in the playoffs last year and with Hinrich on the team, it gives him more time to grow as a player. I love Smoove and want him to stay, but he really is the only tradeable player on the team. ASG is by far the worse ownership group in sports.

what about deion sanders? didn't he get referred to as prime time and wasn't he inducted into the hall of fame?

so is it racist that there is still fans out there today who like him. ohhhhh thats right he went to other teams.

Do not take me as being a **** on any of this. I am just trying to figure out the message board.

Maybe the fan base is to young. for instance a lot of people liked football but didn't have a home team. now that they do have a home team they go for that team, but still fall into their old form of going for other players.

and I did hear a lot of booing when vick came down here this year. yes some cheered, but there was eagle fans in there. the booing ticked vick off so bad he had to point to the score cause he was mad.

Because of the latest game against the eagles, I see vick jersey's will go more and more away into the bottom of the clothes bin.

also do not take it that someone is a vick fan just cause they do not like Matt Ryan.

and people who compare vick to Ryan is not saying much. yea Vick went to the super bowl, but did he win? yea ryan has all winning seasons, but has he won a super bowl?

but the more so question is to arthur blank, who brought in more money? that is the question that should be asked.

When did Vick go to a Super Bowl? Vick played in a NFC Championship with the Falcons, but he was terrible in that game. We lost 20-6.

I agree with what you have said here. BVG & Murlarky both need ran out of town. Their older playing styles don't work anymore. Look at the Saints, they get the younger Payton to coach them and they get a SB. GB gets rid of Holmgren and Favre and they get a SB and Coughlin, the oldest coach in the NFL, looks to be on his way out too. There is just no room in the NFL for these older coaches. That's why Fisher, Cowher, Billick, and other great coaches are unemployed in the NFL.

As for the Hawks, no one wants to play in Atlanta. The only players we get to play for us are draft picks and has-beens. We should have never signed JJ to that ridiculous contract and priority number one needs to be getting Horford moved to 4 and getting a true 5 (Dwight 2012!!!). Teague showed some talent in the playoffs last year and with Hinrich on the team, it gives him more time to grow as a player. I love Smoove and want him to stay, but he really is the only tradeable player on the team. ASG is by far the worse ownership group in sports.

Hinrich is out until sometime in January, so Teague will have his time to shine. We also need to bring back Jamal Crawford. He was a huge part of our offense last year. I don't see us getting Dwight Howard, plus in all honesty, we have NO chance at re-signing him next year, and would be giving up way too much to get him for a one year rental.

So your proof is another posters opinion? Nice work.

not really an opinion that's how i saw the fan base from the time i was 4 years old to the time i was 24 years old, when i live in the atl area i went to games every single year. Also, idk if it was bc i was younger but excluding the vick-ga dome fan base i seem to remember more falcons fans at fulton co. stadium than at the ga dome (not fans in general but falcons fans) Keep in mind i was 7 years old when the ga dome was built

What Kind Of Fans Do We Have?

Well, first you have the homers. Plenty of them around here.

Then you've got your fatalists who overreact to everything and seem to take it all too seriously.

Then, there are the rest of us--the loyal, yet frustrated kind who are rather tired of seeing sloppy, underachieving, and/or uninspired play from the Falcons when they're in any kind of big-game situation or have an opportunity to separate themselves from the pack.

We are a fan base that is plagued by racial divide. A city where 70% of it's population still want YKW at QB, simply because he was the face for the African-American community. He was their guy, and as much as it hurts them, they can't pull for the Falcons now because he no longer is here. I can gaurantee that we are the ONLY team in the NFL that has to deal with something like this. You don't see any other fanbase dealing with a war between fans caused by one player. This is supposed to be about a team, not an individual. Folks in Atlanta cannot get behind the TEAM because they are too focused on the INDIVIDUAL.

We also are fans of a team that is home to one of the most traveled through cities. Job opportunities are abundant in Atlanta, and people literally come from all over the U.S. and the world to work in Atlanta. This isn't your Minnesota, or Seattle team where you have a HUGE following. The city of Atlanta is home to so many various fans, of other teams. Why do you think that other teams always seem to "travel" well?

Nobody will support a losing product. Why do you think the Thrashers were here for such a short period? Everyone has read this story in the Falcons book. We are just good enough to get into the playoffs, and then we bow out in the first round. In recent weeks, there has been nothing showcasing a playoff caliber team. What I see is literally a 20-25 year old offense being run in a completely different era. Teams have literally YEARS of game film on our offense because every single OC job that Mularkey has had, he has run this offense. If Turner doesn't get a huge gain within the first couple of carries, we almost abandon the run all together. Mularkey has some of the most questionable play calling I have ever seen. All day I watched the Texans send blitz after blitz against us. Some of them were picked up, but some of them weren't. You know what I NEVER saw? A screen pass. It may seem like rocket science, but if he throws 2 or 3 screen passes guess what the defense does? Sits back a little more in fear of giving up another big play to the screen. More time to throw = more time for all of our "weapons" to get open.

As long as our offense is handcuffed by Mike Mularkey, you will see the same old story from this offense. Good enough to look like a winning product in the beginning of the season, but the machine breaks down at the tail end of the season/playoffs. Our defense is the same thing. We have one of the most physical corners in the NFL, yet he is handcuffed with a zone defensive scheme. Dunta is your prototypical bump and run corner. You get him at the line, allow him to chuck his receiver within 5 yards, and knock him off his route. If somehow the receiver gets past him, he has safety help over the top. Unfortunately, Brent Grimes is not your prototypical bump and run corner. In fact, Grimes is good BECAUSE of the zone scheme. Grimes is a ball hawk, who relies on his assignment and his ability to watch the QB because he is always in position, to make plays on the ball. Thomas DeCoud showed some serious promise coming into this season, but has just fallen flat. I don't know if he can ever recover to become a starting caliber safety again, but i'm not willing to risk big play after big play to find out.

What kind of fan am I? A fan that will watch every Sunday as long as I can. A fan that will remain critical of our coordinators and their lack of a true gameplan. A fan that hates settling for mediocrity, but due to not having a voice of reason within the organization, will sit here cheering for anything I can. A fan that will jump up and scream at my TV when I see something stupid (see 3rd and 1/4th and 1 SHOULD HAVE BEEN RUNNING PLAYS YESTERDAY)...A fan who will defend his team when they are doing good, and will question our play when we are doing bad. I am a fan, but I am a realist. I call it like I see it. You call me a fair weather fan, I call myself a fan of a good product.

One of the best post ever. Bravo! HOF post!

I have been supporting this franchise for 36 years now and have seen it all (The good: Our lone Super Bowl appearance. The Bad: Attending my first game at the Georgia Dome only to see us get crushed 30-7 by the Jaguars, The Ugly: Watching a 10 point lead evaporate as The CowPukes rallied to win 30-27 in the 1980 divisional playoffs which stoked my hatred for anything Dallas CowPunks related). The reason I support my team is simple and that is to witness them finally put all the pieces together and win a Super Bowl in my lifetime. We don't have to agree with every personnel move or play call during the season but we simply can't fall apart every time things go sour.

Edited by DavyDmx

A

really, you don't see the Vick trolls running rampant on these boards? this is just a small sample size of what the city of Atlanta is doing. You don't see #7 jerseys all over the place when you go to a game? sorry that you want to view the world as though race plays no part in certain aspects, but I call it like I see it.

There are plenty of black fans pulling for the Falcons and just as many white fans wearing Vick jersies at the games. That 70% number is pure unadulterated bush it. Don't you live in Macon? How many games have you been to? I think you are making up a bunch of bull sh and trying to stoke racial flames. And where are all these Vick trolls? In your imagination. That's where.