Matt Ryan Is Only Decent - He Is Not Elite, Great, Very Good Or Good - He Is Only Ok.

If your comment is meant to be in response to the board in general than make your own thread. Calling people idiots only exposes your own inability to debate - such as your rebuttal is evidence of your failure in logic. Any opinion of Ryan is just that - opinion. Some people like Ryan and some don't. I never said Ryan is bad but somehow you inferred that out of thin air - that is called a strawman; specifically since you decided to argue against that misrepresentation.

All I said is that Ryan does not live up to the hype and he is just OK. It means he is not good or bad - that he is nothing special or horrible; and as you conceded it is my opinion, so why argue about it?

Appealling to commentators as "experts" is an ad populum fallacy as well as an appeal to authority. I have not heard too many compliments about Ryan this year; The most I did hear compliments of Ryan was year 1 and they have been slowly dwindling since then. It seems that Ryan's reputation is based on what he did his first and third years.

He has done nothing special this year and as any commentator admits the NFL is about "What have you done for me lately".

I'm not going to waste space or anymore of my time making a thread and then have idiots like you post and utter the same ******** you always do. There's already enough threads on how good/bad some of our players, no need to add more like you have done.

You also need to work on your grammar, btw. Still, I suppose it's not bad for a troll.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to waste space or anymore of my time making a thread and then have idiots like you post and utter the same ******** you always do. There's already enough threads on how good/bad some of our players, no need to add more like you have done.

You also need to work on your grammar, btw. Still, I suppose it's not bad for a troll.

I admit I am not the best at grammar, but I think you should admit you are not that great at logic. You don't want to waste space on a thread that you feel is *****, whatever that is, but yet you do.

I admit I am not the best at grammar, but I think you should admit you are not that great at logic. You don't want to waste space on a thread that you feel is *****, whatever that is, but yet you do.

You're right, I'm not going to bother. My post wasn't meant to be directed at you. I just wanted to put my thoughts out there, without creating a thread which would be similar to a couple of others.

Sad truth, we will be watching the saints offense tonight and rooting for them to knock lions out of the playoffs for us. If you did not watch the battle between Aaron Rodgers and Eli Manning then you dont understand the OP's dismay. I believe Ryan can be a great QB but his game today can not be defended as great by even the most sunshine and rainbow blinded fan in the world. Today Ryan was ok and that was not good enough to win. If Ryan played a great game and we still lost, I think our fans would be objectable enough to note as much. Drew Brees will open many ATL fans eyes to where a great QB places the ball and how a great QB moves in the pocket to extend plays, and how a great QB attacks a defense. A football fan that knows anything about football will see a stark contrast and should be able to recognize and acknowledge as much.

Even with all of the drops, the lackluster play calling and the non existent O-Line THE DEFENSE still managed to have this team in position to tie the game at the very least on the final play of the game but once again WR dropping the ball in the endzone cost us big.

Fixed. Our offense had nothing to do with us being in this game lol.

Edited by Darkflight
The last couple of weeks the homers been asking if Ryan is elite because he played well in a short span, but now that he is face a good defense, Matty Ice is Matty Melt aka Matty Mediocre.

T.J. Yates is looking better; Showing better accuracy and pocket presence.

I know the Ryan nut-huggers will say its the MM fault - but Ryan is just throwing poorly and the passes he is completing, the credit has to go to the WRs adjusting to his in accurate passes.

Ryan is regressing. I had hope that Ryan would continue to improve from last season and even battled the critics who said Ryan's second season was a regression, but there really is nothing to defend at this point.

Ryan is decent against crap - mediocre teams, but once he faces stiff competition he folds like a wet noodle.

I can honestly say that the Falcons will not win a Super Bowl with Ryan; The best the fans can hope for is that Ryan keeps the Falcons competitive during the regular season - Just don't hold your breath once the playoffs begin.

It's not all Ryan's fault, but Ryan is not the QB that is hyped by the media nor the savior the Franchise assumed he would be after his rookie season.

There are worse QBs, but there is a lot better ones also and I'm not even going to mention the Elite QBs.

Andy Dalton & T. J. Yates > Matt Ryan

<<< Dont listen to some of these blind homers..Ryan looked like the Rookie and Yates looked like the Vet. The game was lost after Ryan missed Roddy for a wide open TD overthrew him by 10 yards Ryan came right back and missed JJ who was wide open for a TD by 15 yards! Ryan is OK as a QB far away from being elite!

Yeah, his deep ball leaves alot to be desired but so do our receiver's hands and our Oline's blocking and our OC's playcalling. However he does prove that more often than not he can make the play when it counts as per his 4th qtr comeback numbers. But go fig, maybe we can get Andrew Luck or trade for Peyton Manning . . . meh rolleyes.gif

He is what he is.....I got criticized on here pretty soundly a couple of years ago when I posted that he reminded me a lot more of Matt Hasselbeck than he did of Manning (P.) or Brady. I didn't mean it as criticism, only as a report of what I see when I look at Ryan.

He's going to always have a good work ethic....He's going to always be a good "rhythm passer" if those passes are within 15 yards of the line of scrimmage.....He's going to always struggle with accuracy and zip on passes that are 20 yards or longer....He's going to get happy feet when there is pressure...He's going to consistently be pretty good reading defenses....

These observations aren't meant as insults against Ryan. I think almost 4 years of sampling of any given player is long enough to form some very sound and defensible conclusions.

Can we win it all with Ryan as our starting QB? Only if we surround him with a bedrock-solid offensive line and a more versatile starting running back (someone who can catch the ball out of the backfield.)

Unless and until that happens I don't see Ryan taking us anywhere further than where we've been already.

Matt just needs more time. If he is to get better he must work on his accuracy, deep throw timing, and how to move around in the pocket while keeping his eyes downfield. Also hit the weight room and work on his foot work. I have noticed he seems to get rattled whenever he's blitzed a lot. Lil Matty will improve if he does these things.

Do we REALLY need another one of the these threads from the Troll agenda crew here? The horse is dead please bury it.
I know right I guess everything he's done up to this point in his career is only because defenses have been loading tha box against us every play for 4 years gtfo Ryan is alright wit me maybe the 2nd best qB to ever put on the red and black imagine where this franchise would be without him turner can't do it alone

The last couple of weeks the homers been asking if Ryan is elite because he played well in a short span, but now that he is face a good defense, Matty Ice is Matty Melt aka Matty Mediocre.

T.J. Yates is looking better; Showing better accuracy and pocket presence.

I know the Ryan nut-huggers will say its the MM fault - but Ryan is just throwing poorly and the passes he is completing, the credit has to go to the WRs adjusting to his in accurate passes.

Ryan is regressing. I had hope that Ryan would continue to improve from last season and even battled the critics who said Ryan's second season was a regression, but there really is nothing to defend at this point.

Ryan is decent against crap - mediocre teams, but once he faces stiff competition he folds like a wet noodle.

I can honestly say that the Falcons will not win a Super Bowl with Ryan; The best the fans can hope for is that Ryan keeps the Falcons competitive during the regular season - Just don't hold your breath once the playoffs begin.

It's not all Ryan's fault, but Ryan is not the QB that is hyped by the media nor the savior the Franchise assumed he would be after his rookie season.

There are worse QBs, but there is a lot better ones also and I'm not even going to mention the Elite QBs.

Andy Dalton & T. J. Yates > Matt Ryan

Any MOFO coming here after a horrific loss and talking this kind of sheet is not a Falcon fan .....I hope Bankerbird thumps your sorry *** off of this board forever .......

Any MOFO coming here after a horrific loss and talking this kind of sheet is not a Falcon fan .....I hope Bankerbird thumps your sorry *** off of this board forever .......

Pretty sure Banker already shelved this identity, Aria is now known as "Objective Critic", unless one of our good mods got that one already too.