Matt Ryan Is Only Decent - He Is Not Elite, Great, Very Good Or Good - He Is Only Ok.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

add in Ryan sucks at the deep ball. Most times it's almost luck when he connects long, how many times this season has he under thrown, or over thrown players that were open? You have to make those plays as a NFL QB more times then not, and for his years with us, he hasn't, and that constantly comes back to bite us in every loss we have during his stunt at QB...

Aria7, you don't usually go off like this, so I assume you are as frustrated as me. I can tell your posts are emotionally-charged. I am not going to attack you or flame your posts. I will say this: The Falcons lost for one reason today. . . . Ryan 46 pass attempts and Turner 14 carries. There you have it.

I am not a Ryan-hugger or whatever you want to call it, but I am one who does realize Ryan is NOT the leader or focal point of this team; and, nor should he be. Turner is the meat and potatoes of our offense and we got away from that.

This is a problem of the MEDIOCRE COACHING STAFF....they DO NOT KNOW HOW TO CALLA GOOD GAME AGAINST GOOD TEAMS.....the truth is,Turner was a complete non factor,Snelling SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED UPON a lot MORE AS WELL AS QUIZZ....this team has the talent,but it will NEVER be anything more than an average team at best with the way this coaching staff handles games...

The last couple of weeks the homers been asking if Ryan is elite because he played well in a short span, but now that he is face a good defense, Matty Ice is Matty Melt aka Matty Mediocre.

T.J. Yates is looking better; Showing better accuracy and pocket presence.

I know the Ryan nut-huggers will say its the MM fault - but Ryan is just throwing poorly and the passes he is completing, the credit has to go to the WRs adjusting to his in accurate passes.

Ryan is regressing. I had hope that Ryan would continue to improve from last season and even battled the critics who said Ryan's second season was a regression, but there really is nothing to defend at this point.

Ryan is decent against crap - mediocre teams, but once he faces stiff competition he folds like a wet noodle.

I can honestly say that the Falcons will not win a Super Bowl with Ryan; The best the fans can hope for is that Ryan keeps the Falcons competitive during the regular season - Just don't hold your breath once the playoffs begin.

It's not all Ryan's fault, but Ryan is not the QB that is hyped by the media nor the savior the Franchise assumed he would be after his rookie season.

There are worse QBs, but there is a lot better ones also and I'm not even going to mention the Elite QBs.

Andy Dalton & T. J. Yates > Matt Ryan

How is it i don't have you on ignore? your an idiot

This is a problem of the MEDIOCRE COACHING STAFF....they DO NOT KNOW HOW TO CALLA GOOD GAME AGAINST GOOD TEAMS.....the truth is,Turner was a complete non factor,Snelling SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED UPON a lot MORE AS WELL AS QUIZZ....this team has the talent,but it will NEVER be anything more than an average team at best with the way this coaching staff handles games...

Exactly. They ran, we didn't stop it, we stopped running, the end, good night, that's all folks!

I don't trust the thoughts of anyone still wearing a number 7 in their nic. You opinion is suspect on all accounts.

the number 7 in my nick has nothing to do with Mike vick if that is what you are inferring

I had a 7 in all my nicks in my various accounts on the web - has nothing to do with football, let alone Ron Mexico.

Also, trying to infer the meaning of "7" to undermind what I said is called an ad hominem; Undermining the arguer instead of attacking what is actually said is a logic fallacy.

Edited by Aria7

But you are stupid. Yates did nothing special. Andre Johnson should have never had the ball. Franks had excellent coverage, and made the wrong move.

I didn't say Yates did anything special - That is a strawman. Learn to read what I wrote down so you do not read into what I have typed.

I thought Yates is better than Ryan, least in the game. If I think Ryan is mediocre, then the QB whom I am contrasting Ryan with does not need to be special, just less mediocre.

Example Ryan throws 1 TD and 2 picks; so all Yates has to do is throw lets say 1 TD and no ints, which IS nothing special but IS better than what Ryan did. Yates had an OK game. Ryan's game was less than OK. See the contrast.

But you are stupid. Yates did nothing special. Andre Johnson should have never had the ball. Franks had excellent coverage, and made the wrong move.

What does Andre Johnson have to do with Ryan being mediocre or not?; that is a non sequitur.

Edited by Aria7

Are you serious? We have built a "explosive" offence and we score 10 points. Put up all those points on us, sounds like he scored 40 on his own. What the **** the D was good in the term of allowing points. When a team scores 17 points and your qb has thrown 2 picks I think thats good for a D.

Calm down sir. Also, learn to formulate your thoughts into more understandable and pleasing sentences. Thanks.

anywho If you think our D did a good job today, you must have been watching a different game or something. We didn't stop the run or the pass. A rookie QB starting his first game should be feasted on. Instead we got no pressure and let him look decent.

As for the 2 picks, well.....if you thought those were both strictly on Ryan i honestly don't know what to say. Guess he should have taken over Julio's body and made him run the correct route. Or taught Turner how to not bobble the ball like an idiot.

He is above average QB in the NFL with room for improvement.

Now, name all the 3rd and 4th year elite QBs in the league.

Aaron Rodgers - 7 years

Big Ben - 8 years

Brees - 11 years

Tom Brady - 12 years

It's pretty sickening to hear these people talk about our players not being elite or how we wasted picks on Julio - a rookie. These players aren't close to playing half of their careers so they have a large body of work ahead. There are many QBs in the Hall of Fame that sucked early in their careers. Drew Brees was terrible his first 2 years as a starter which forced San Diego to draft a Qb in the 1st round.

Ryan wasn't even that bad, especially not to the extent the board is implying. His numbers would have looked a lot better if our receivers didn't keep dropping the ball and we would have won. He did all he could but his receivers let him down time and time again. White has regressed and it's his worst season since Ryan came into the league, Jones is just playing like your typical rookie WR unlike AJ Green and Douglas works best in the slot but we don't use him a lot for whatever reason.

Thank God for Tony Gonzalez, though.

Ryan wasn't even that bad, especially not to the extent the board is implying. His numbers would have looked a lot better if our receivers didn't keep dropping the ball and we would have won. He did all he could but his receivers let him down time and time again. White has regressed and it's his worst season since Ryan came into the league, Jones is just playing like your typical rookie WR unlike AJ Green and Douglas works best in the slot but we don't use him a lot for whatever reason.

Thank God for Tony Gonzalez, though.

Did I say Ryan is bad? Mediocre simply means not good OR bad. It means you are nothing special in one manner or another; Why is this so hard for fans to comprehend?

Aria7, you don't usually go off like this, so I assume you are as frustrated as me. I can tell your posts are emotionally-charged. I am not going to attack you or flame your posts. I will say this: The Falcons lost for one reason today. . . . Ryan 46 pass attempts and Turner 14 carries. There you have it.

I am not a Ryan-hugger or whatever you want to call it, but I am one who does realize Ryan is NOT the leader or focal point of this team; and, nor should he be. Turner is the meat and potatoes of our offense and we got away from that.

THIS^^^

Did I say Ryan is bad? Mediocre simply means not good OR bad. It means you are nothing special in one manner or another; Why is this so hard for fans to comprehend?

Was the post directly meant to you? I even said, in my very first sentence, that it was a response to what the board in general was saying.

And Ryan is good. Experts say he's pretty good, PFF say he's very good. I don't know why idiots like you seem to maximise every negative and minimise his positives. You fail to see how good Matt is, for whatever reason. However, I do accept it's just your opinion on the guy.

Was the post directly meant to you? I even said, in my very first sentence, that it was a response to what the board in general was saying.

And Ryan is good. Experts say he's pretty good, PFF say he's very good. I don't know why idiots like you seem to maximise every negative and minimise his positives. You fail to see how good Matt is, for whatever reason. However, I do accept it's just your opinion on the guy.

If your comment is meant to be in response to the board in general than make your own thread. Calling people idiots only exposes your own inability to debate - such as your rebuttal is evidence of your failure in logic. Any opinion of Ryan is just that - opinion. Some people like Ryan and some don't. I never said Ryan is bad but somehow you inferred that out of thin air - that is called a strawman; specifically since you decided to argue against that misrepresentation.

All I said is that Ryan does not live up to the hype and he is just OK. It means he is not good or bad - that he is nothing special or horrible; and as you conceded it is my opinion, so why argue about it?

Appealling to commentators as "experts" is an ad populum fallacy as well as an appeal to authority. I have not heard too many compliments about Ryan this year; The most I did hear compliments of Ryan was year 1 and they have been slowly dwindling since then. It seems that Ryan's reputation is based on what he did his first and third years.

He has done nothing special this year and as any commentator admits the NFL is about "What have you done for me lately".

Edited by Aria7

I refuse to read through all this crud. Ryan was pretty much on target all day. The Flea Flicker it was Turner who bunked. Jones , White , and Gonzalez all dropped much needed catches. Jones had several eff ups but he is a ROOKIE. I expect nothing but hate from every doomsayer in this fan base. I blame injuries. Turner obviously didnt get touches for a reason. When he did., He seemed slow. We reverted to a game plan based on things we arent good at right now. You flame, go call me HOMER ... At least one thing is true. I am and always will be an ATLANTA FALCON.

Aria7 Is Only Decent - He Is Not Elite, Great, Very Good Or Good - He Is Only Ok.

Title fixed...

Nothing wrong with being decent but the title of the thread still stands; Not sure of your reasoning if you think you can fix a thread title from a replay.

Aria7 Is Elite.

Title fixed...

Fixed :D

I refuse to read through all this crud. Ryan was pretty much on target all day. The Flea Flicker it was Turner who bunked. Jones , White , and Gonzalez all dropped much needed catches. Jones had several eff ups but he is a ROOKIE. I expect nothing but hate from every doomsayer in this fan base. I blame injuries. Turner obviously didnt get touches for a reason. When he did., He seemed slow. We reverted to a game plan based on things we arent good at right now. You flame, go call me HOMER ... At least one thing is true. I am and always will be an ATLANTA FALCON.

Actually you are not nor ever was an Atlanta Falcon - you are a fan of the team, and not part of the team itself. Why swear such undying loyalty towards entertainment anyway?; I never understood that.

If you went to see a comedian and liked his comedy act, would you swear such loyalty also? I never understood the mentality of extreme sports fans.

Edited by Aria7

Go be a fan of a different team with a QB you like. Matt Ryan is here to stay. That's the truth, suck on it.

Ditto This guy's opinion is that Ryan is mediocre because he doesn't put up 400 yards a game and complete 80 percent of his passes. Any serious fan will judge a player on the entire body of work not on what they do or didn't do in one game..

Sure Ryan still needs to work on his long ball and maybe a couple of other aspects of his game. He will probably improve in those areas like many great QBs did on the rise to elite status. If he puts it all together in his 6th year like Aaron Rodgers, he may spend the next 8 - 10 years as one of the best in the game.

Steve Young in his 4th year was sitting on the bench behind Joe Montana after being run out of Tampa. Now he's sitting in the hall of fame as one of the greatest QB to play in the NFL.

Ditto This guy's opinion is that Ryan is mediocre because he doesn't put up 400 yards a game and complete 80 percent of his passes. Any serious fan will judge a player on the entire body of work not on what they do or didn't do in one game..

Sure Ryan still needs to work on his long ball and maybe a couple of other aspects of his game. He will probably improve in those areas like many great QBs did on the rise to elite status. If he puts it all together in his 6th year like Aaron Rodgers, he may spend the next 8 - 10 years as one of the best in the game.

Steve Young in his 4th year was sitting on the bench behind Joe Montana after being run out of Tampa. Now he's sitting in the hall of fame as one of the greatest QB to play in the NFL.

Another strawman - is it possible for homers to make a logical argument?