skynyrd04

Saw that Willy Mo is back in practice and not even mentioned on the injury list. Glad for it since the guy is a beast. But that made me think with him back in Nickel situations maybe BVG and Smitty will put Sanders at the NB spot and let Decoud play FS on those downs. Just a thought to cover our injury problems.

Guest HomerTroll Dtan

Why not let the exalted one, Matt Ryan, get a few snaps at the NB position.

His height, strength, speed, and knowledge of the QB position will make him the most feared DB in the league.

Saw that Willy Mo is back in practice and not even mentioned on the injury list. Glad for it since the guy is a beast. But that made me think with him back in Nickel situations maybe BVG and Smitty will put Sanders at the NB spot and let Decoud play FS on those downs. Just a thought to cover our injury problems.

Putting either Decoud or Sanders at the nickle is asking for trouble if you ask me. Neither of those guys wouldnt get burnt in man to man situations. The only reason you would see them there is if theyre blitzing the nickel. The big difference is not speed as Decoud is pretty fast in a straight line. Its the hips that separate the good cover guys. Decoud would be so turned around trying to chase a receiver running a route he might be better off starting the play facing the same way as the receiver. lol jk and its a bad one but its true. Sanders wouldnt be any better of an option. The bottom line is you DO NOT want to put either of those guys in the slot to cover.

I realize that you'll hear about other teams in the league doing this like the Saints with Malcom Jenkins but the HUGE difference there is that usually if a safety is brought down to play corner it means that that safety has at least been a corner at some point or another in his career. Malcolm Jenkins was drafted as a corner and switched over to safety by the saints staff.

sanders is a liability in coverage he was given a chance to start and failed. he is an older version of decoud

If sanders is a liability in coverage Decoud is a straight up embarrassment. Decoud's lack of instincts puts our defense in binds constantly. Its not his lack of speed or anything to do with athleticism. Its all about the angles he chooses and lack of an innate feel for the game. Sanders intelligence despite not having as much athleticism as Decoud is what makes him a much better option in coverage in my opinion. The safety spots are becoming more and more critical in today's NFL. The pass happy development in the league requires a set of safeties with discipline and awareness in order to even have a chance at defending it.

Edited by Atlfanstckndenver

If sanders is a liability in coverage Decoud is a straight up embarrassment. Decoud's lack of instincts puts our defense in binds constantly. Its not his lack of speed or anything to do with athleticism. Its all about the angles he chooses and lack of an innate feel for the game. Sanders intelligence despite not having as much athleticism as Decoud is what makes him a much better option in coverage in my opinion. The safety spots are becoming more and more critical in today's NFL. The pass happy development in the league requires a set of safeties with discipline and awareness in order to even have a chance at defending it.

exactly, decoud is slow even in a straight line tho.. but he do have bad timing with miss tackles and taking HORRIBLE angles at times..... he cnt cover man to man, go look at 09-2010 and you will see TEs eating him up for lunch... i like decoud but i thought he would be more then wat he is... i do feel we need an upgrade at FS when it comes to the passing game...

sanders and moore cnt be any worse then decoud and moore...

Edited by madman88

exactly, decoud is slow even in a straight line tho.. but he do have bad timing with miss tackles and taking HORRIBLE angles at times..... he cnt cover man to man, go look at 09-2010 and you will see TEs eating him up for lunch... i like decoud but i thought he would be more then wat he is... i do feel we need an upgrade at FS when it comes to the passing game...

sanders and moore cnt be any worse then decoud and moore...

DeCoud is great at stopping the run and closing on short passes, but like you said, he takes bad angles in space. one other thing that I have noticed is that since his strong suit is stopping the run, he tends to bite hard on play-fakes!

DeCoud is great at stopping the run and closing on short passes, but like you said, he takes bad angles in space. one other thing that I have noticed is that since his strong suit is stopping the run, he tends to bite hard on play-fakes!

he is good at stopping the run i agree... but honestly he has one hole to make sure he is in when the other team runs the ball, its not that hard even for him... but again, we need an upgrade on the passing situations...

our secondary is becoming thin so I dont see reason not to. We have 4 other DBs we need to also worry about. I am still concern with Franks in covering. I also dont see the Texans in spread to get us in NB. Actually it doesnt scare me lol. If the texans think they can just pound the ball, they are really stupid because we have some serious players that play their gap and will stop the run. so there might be a chance to see them in 3-4 wr set.