skynyrd04

Been hearing how the Texans D is the best in the NFL. But let's look at who that D has faced: Indianapolis, Jacksonville (2x), Miami, Tennessee, Cleveland, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, and Oakland. Obviously all but 3 of those teams pretty much suck. And 3 of these teams Pitt, NO, and Oak all manage to beat the Texans.

So the experts say we'll have trouble but the fact is Houston earned its number 1 ranking and record playing a bunch of chumps. I know you play the schedule your given but they've lost to the good teams.

Been hearing how the Texans D is the best in the NFL. But let's look at who that D has faced: Indianapolis, Jacksonville (2x), Miami, Tennessee, Cleveland, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, and Oakland. Obviously all but 3 of those teams pretty much suck. And 3 of these teams Pitt, NO, and Oak all manage to beat the Texans.

So the experts say we'll have trouble but the fact is Houston earned its number 1 ranking and record playing a bunch of chumps. I know you play the schedule your given but they've lost to the good teams.

So were even. Both of our teams are 2-3 against teams above .500.

If you think they are bad you haven't watched them...

This is like them saying our run D is bad... Technically its great all the holes filled Lbers who are fast sideline to sideline shutting it down.

Texans D is very very good... White could be a non factor if Joseph has his way, we need a big game from TG, Julio and HD. Turner should have some trouble but he is always punishing. But as for saying thier D is not great... when you watch it, it does not look that way.

Ive only been reading here for about a year , finally decided to start posting about 4 months ago. I remember reading that a lot of trolls always said how abusive and against we are to fans of opposing teams coming and giving their 2 cents. Since the antagonist trolls have been gone , everyone has had intelligent and adult conversations. Its kinda nice.

Well , besides on other posts where its Falcon VS. Falcon which is dumb.

Edited by Tuggle2000

I'd say Wade has definitely earned his paycheck. They were ranked 30th on D last year. This year, they're ranked 1st. Don't know of any other team in history that's made that big of a jump in less than one year, especially without an offseason.

That's what a good defensive coordinator can do... some guys don't take years to get results... but to be fair Wade Phillips has a history of that. We had a significant improvement with our D in his first year here.... then in year 2 people realized our corners were Ray B and Tyrone Williams so they started throwing bombs.

Hopefully Ryan learned a thing or two the last time we played one of his defenses... which wasn't pretty.

The offensive line will be tested big time this week Conner Barwin , Brooks Reed , Mario Williams will be bringing the heat .. if we can keep them at bay and give Ryan time to throw we should be ok but then you have to look out for Johnathan joseph and Jason Allen they will be trouble for our receivers.. this is going to be a huge task for the Falcons this week but if we can run the ball against them and hit HD and Tony with some intermediate pass and keep moving the chains we should win a close game with the help of Matt Bryant... GO FALCONS..........

The offensive line will be tested big time this week Conner Barwin , Brooks Reed , Mario Williams will be bringing the heat .. if we can keep them at bay and give Ryan time to throw we should be ok but then you have to look out for Johnathan joseph and Jason Allen they will be trouble for our receivers.. this is going to be a huge task for the Falcons this week but if we can run the ball against them and hit HD and Tony with some intermediate pass and keep moving the chains we should win a close game with the help of Matt Bryant... GO FALCONS..........

Mario Williams has been on IR since Oakland.

FWIW, here is my assessment of the Texans D as a Texans fan.

This is a solid defense with few real weaknesses. Our biggest strength is the pass rush. Even with Mario Williams out since early in week 5, we are 2nd in the NFL in sacks. Connor Barwin is coming off a 4 sack game and rookie Brooks Reed has a sack in 5 straight games.

The biggest weakness of this team (and it has improved drastically over last season) is the play of our number 2 CB. Kareem Jackson and Jason Allen alternate duties there. Our #1 CB, Jonathan Joseph has played at an all pro level so we have the ability to roll coverage to the other side. That being said, I am a bit worried about Julio Jones this week. The run defense is solid, MJD had 2 good runs on us where he got outside but other than that he really didn't do much. MJD usually does well against us and I see Turner in the same power runner mold so we will see there.

I think the Texans can contain your offense to below your average production. They won't shut you out or anything but I don't expect to see you guys score much more than 17 - 20 points. This game will come down to how our offense does against your defense.