If You Don't Like Matt Ryan

tone357

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesn't have any zip on his deep passes, they're all rainbows. Look at them, the WR's are never hit in stride. They either have to slow up or try and speed up faster than they're capable of. A good deep ball thrower hits his WR's in stride. Look at Rogers, Manning, Favre, etc. Always in stride (though Favre also got caught forcing throws into coverage too, but he always hit his guys in stride). Ryan can't do that, his arm strength isn't good enough to do that. Brady developed his deep ball and became known for it when Moss was there. Any other QB he's played with also did. Why? Because you can throw it as far as you absolutely can and Moss will make a play for you. Daunte Culpepper was a prolific passer with Moss. What happened when he left? Look at NE's offense now. They're not eating up chunks of yardage, they beat you in the slot with Welker and with their TE's. Dink and dunk, and it works.

Matt Ryan can read defenses with any QB in the league presnap and could be as effective as any throwing 5-10 yard passes. Our success comes when he does that too. Run the ball and dink and dunk and chew clock. That's the QB he is, and I don't understand why we have the desire to go deep when he has problems throwing that pass.

theres so many things that go into throwing a bal more then just the QB, the line has to give him time to throw a nice ball, the WR has to be able to run a good route to give the QB room to throw the ball accuratly ETC...

thoes QBs you named all do have a good deep ball, but u forget that all thoes QBs offenses was about down the field passing... we are a dink n donk type so we wnt run thoes types of plays very often, thus not being able to practice deep passes as much as the eagles, GB, patriots, NO... we are now just starting to pass more down field... give it time, rodgers manning, brady, like you said all developed the deep ball, give ryan time, brees wasnt that good till his 6-7th year... ill say it again, his problem is TIMING and accuracy... he sails his balls cause he mistimes his ball, weather he hitches one to many times or is late throwing it thus having to put more air under it to get the ball there... im telling you, go back and look at that ball in preseason, it wasnt a rainbow and it sailed 60+yards into the endzone.... that play let me kno it wasnt his arm strength...

theres so many things that go into throwing a bal more then just the QB, the line has to give him time to throw a nice ball, the WR has to be able to run a good route to give the QB room to throw the ball accuratly ETC...

thoes QBs you named all do have a good deep ball, but u forget that all thoes QBs offenses was about down the field passing... we are a dink n donk type so we wnt run thoes types of plays very often, thus not being able to practice deep passes as much as the eagles, GB, patriots, NO... we are now just starting to pass more down field... give it time, rodgers manning, brady, like you said all developed the deep ball, give ryan time, brees wasnt that good till his 6-7th year... ill say it again, his problem is TIMING and accuracy... he sails his balls cause he mistimes his ball, weather he hitches one to many times or is late throwing it thus having to put more air under it to get the ball there... im telling you, go back and look at that ball in preseason, it wasnt a rainbow and it sailed 60+yards into the endzone.... that play let me kno it wasnt his arm strength...

You've never touched a football in your life, nor ever played QB have you? You obviously have no clue. Ryan has a noodle. Defend him all you want, but take off the homer glasses and get off his nuts and you'll see it.

No, just for lacking the ability to put the mustard on passes.

If in your eyes he can't do that (zip on the passes) what does incessantly complaining about it on here do for you? Seriously...If that is true it seems like it would fall under the category of a physical limitation and not a flaw of character or lack of effort on Ryan's part.

If in your eyes he can't do that (zip on the passes) what does incessantly complaining about it on here do for you? Seriously...If that is true it seems like it would fall under the category of a physical limitation and not a flaw of character or lack of effort on Ryan's part.

I have never questioned ryan's character or effort. Those are 2 things I admire in him. Reminds me of Chad Pennington in that regard. And others. What I don't understand is why you're complaining about us complaining about them complaining about us complaining about ryan's lack of physical ability. What does it do for you? It's obvious to people with 2 eyes and at least 40/80 vision that Ryan doesn't have the arm to deliver hot passes yet we still see people blaming mularkey, global warming, and osama bin laden for ryan's shortcomings. I didn't start the thread and I'm pretty sure they are here for discussion. This isnt mattryancirclejerk.com although some wish it were.

I have never questioned ryan's character or effort. Those are 2 things I admire in him. Reminds me of Chad Pennington in that regard. And others. What I don't understand is why you're complaining about us complaining about them complaining about us complaining about ryan's lack of physical ability. What does it do for you? It's obvious to people with 2 eyes and at least 40/80 vision that Ryan doesn't have the arm to deliver hot passes yet we still see people blaming mularkey, global warming, and osama bin laden for ryan's shortcomings. I didn't start the thread and I'm pretty sure they are here for discussion. This isnt mattryancirclejerk.com although some wish it were.

I'm not interested in any personal attacks. If you're looking for that fish elsewhere.

I'm not interested in any personal attacks. If you're looking for that fish elsewhere.

What personal attack? I'm just stating the facts. You don't want to see criticism of ryan but i don't see you complaining about unwarranted praise for the guy either. No disrespect to you was intended with my post. My apologies if it came across that way.

I have no problem with Matt. I do believe our receivers need to learn what YAC is and go after it.

A lot of our problems with lack of yac is ryan. he doesnt put the receivers in a position to get yac. you have to turn in your ryanette fan club card to see it though. he's been uncharacteristically inaccurate this year. normally you can depend on him to at least be accurate but he hasnt been placing the ball well at all.

What personal attack? I'm just stating the facts. You don't want to see criticism of ryan but i don't see you complaining about unwarranted praise for the guy either. No disrespect to you was intended with my post. My apologies if it came across that way.

No, you're stating your version of the facts. Most unbiased, professional, paid observers of the NFL (Merril Hoge, Schlereth, Jaworski) believe that Ryan can make all of the throws necessary to be a good QB in the NFL. I haven't seen anyone on here, even the most ardent Ryan fan, claim that he has a Howitzer hanging from his shoulder.

No, you're stating your version of the facts. Most unbiased, professional, paid observers of the NFL (Merril Hoge, Schlereth, Jaworski) believe that Ryan can make all of the throws necessary to be a good QB in the NFL. I haven't seen anyone on here, even the most ardent Ryan fan, claim that he has a Howitzer hanging from his shoulder.

andrew luck can "make all the throws" too. he has a noodle.

ryan can make all the throws but they take too long to get there. seriously look at his throwing motion on a 20 yard dink. he is putting some serious effort into it. look at all the p.i. calls we get from the ball hanging in the air allowing dbs to catch our receivers that were previously wide open but end up caught because theyre waiting at the bus stop whistlin dixie and checkin their watch for ryans pass to get there. our definition of "all the throws" is different. you're happy that it even gets there at all, i want it there with zip that's all.

you're happy that it even gets there at all, i want it there with zip that's all.

You don't know what I want so don't pretend to have that information....

I'm not even a huge Ryan fan. I'm very aware of his limitations. Apparently unlike you though I don't focus on what he can't do. I look at areas where he excels and try to determine if those strengths are enough to get this team to the next level.

A lot of our problems with lack of yac is ryan. he doesnt put the receivers in a position to get yac. you have to turn in your ryanette fan club card to see it though. he's been uncharacteristically inaccurate this year. normally you can depend on him to at least be accurate but he hasnt been placing the ball well at all.

Do you ever have anything positive to say about Matt or the team as a whole? You say you are a Falcons fan but all of your posts are negative. So what if I am in the Ryan fan club,I was stating my opinion that I personally don't have a problem with Matt. I am able to be objective when it comes to Matt. What he lacks in arm strength he do make up for it in other areas but your negative behind want take off the blinders to see that. It is what it is, you don't have to like him but at least give him the proper respect he deserves.

Do you ever have anything positive to say about Matt or the team as a whole? You say you are a Falcons fan but all of your posts are negative. So what if I am in the Ryan fan club,I was stating my opinion that I personally don't have a problem with Matt. I am able to be objective when it comes to Matt. What he lacks in arm strength he do make up for it in other areas but your negative behind want take off the blinders to see that. It is what it is, you don't have to like him but at least give him the proper respect he deserves.

It's obvious that he's not a Falcons fan. That was only a ruse. I have been patiently observing his posts for the past 3-4 weeks and his track record speaks for itself: he is a troll and has always been. He has been banned (along with 'popcornplaya') and I'm posting this comment only to the extent that I want everyone to know that I don't just ban people on a whim; I give the person every opportunity to prove themselves an objective contributor to the discussions on these boards, as opposed to someone whose sole purpose is to bring discord and division. There are several others whom I'm observing in the same light.

Oh, and before anyone chimes in with their own two cents on why they think the posters should not have been banned, don't waste your keystrokes. It's a done deal.

It seems like there is always some type of tradeoff as far as QBs in the NFL go. Do I wish that Ryan had a rocket arm and 4.3 speed to go along with the things that he already has? (great work ethic, leadership, ability to run no huddle, toughness). Yes, but if Ryan had all of those abilities he probably would be into illegal Mexican cat juggling or something weird like that....

Always seems to be a chink in the armor......cool.png

Besides, no one is going to get me in a bad mood this morning. I'm listening to David Ruffin, the Isley Brothers, etc......If you don't know then you should.

See what I mean? Give a person enough rope and he'll hang himself. dry.png

I think you just came up with the tagline for "The David Carradine Story."

Too soon?