If You Don't Like Matt Ryan

tone357

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 thing that has bothered me for a while is him sliding short of first downs i understand he wants to protect his self but when your 2 yards away i wanna see you dive ball first, if he goes down and extends the ball the picks those scrambled first downs up 99%. I'm not questioning his toughness at all just think he gets a little too cautios in those situations.

I like him, and he's a great kid and is as clutch as they get. But, there's no hope for him ever being able to deliver the deep ball. He's not going to magically gain arm strength and accuracy down the field. Accept it, and hope that the powers that be do as well and use him as his talents allow. Joe Montana wasn't a deep ball passer either, and we know how he fared.

Guest Negatorris

I like him, and he's a great kid and is as clutch as they get. But, there's no hope for him ever being able to deliver the deep ball. He's not going to magically gain arm strength and accuracy down the field. Accept it, and hope that the powers that be do as well and use him as his talents allow. Joe Montana wasn't a deep ball passer either, and we know how he fared.

Those two deep passes today were right on the money. Roddy stumbled, and Julio dropped it while committing a penalty. Last week his deep ball was near perfect.

Those two deep passes today were right on the money. Roddy stumbled, and Julio dropped it while committing a penalty. Last week his deep ball was near perfect.

The first was near perfect. The second one not so much. It was close. I don't know what they are doing with Matt at practice but his deep ball has definitely looked better the last two games.

1 thing that has bothered me for a while is him sliding short of first downs i understand he wants to protect his self but when your 2 yards away i wanna see you dive ball first, if he goes down and extends the ball the picks those scrambled first downs up 99%. I'm not questioning his toughness at all just think he gets a little too cautios in those situations.

I'd rather have him miss a first down on a slide then dive, suffer a concussion, and miss 2 games

The first was near perfect. The second one not so much. It was close. I don't know what they are doing with Matt at practice but his deep ball has definitely looked better the last two games.

He's getting more comfortable with his protection and getting his feet set. They may be working on his throwing mechanics, but I think most of it is just him feeling confident in the pocket. He's never had a huge, big time arm but he's always had enough arm to throw a go route or a deep post.

Im not going to go overboard but the guy probably had his most complete game of his career. Yea the Vikes stink, but it was still a very good performance

This is what I've been asking for. Now all he needs to do is achieve this against a respectable team and ryan might prove me wrong after all. I haven't completely written him off.

I don't get this "He'll never be good at throwing deep" bullcrap. He's getting better every week. Both passes were completely catchable, even the commentators said so. Matt is young, there is no limit on what he can do in terms of being an elite QB. The only limitations are in this offense. We took the deep pass out of the playbook in 09, and focused on getting Tony the ball. HD blowing his knee out didn't help. These "noodle arm" morons completely ignore the pass protection, timing, and mechanic issues that are the actual culprit. Watch any NFL game and you will see every QB miss on a deep pass more often than not.

He's has been looking pretty good the past couple of weeks there isn't anything you can say negative about his play. He has been taking care of the football and making good throws, I like that. Paulitik and his gang are trying to use that to say he is up there with the elites but he's not there yet but I'm impressed with what he has done so far. He keeps this up we might be able to make some noise.

Tom Brady wasn't known for a great deep ball at first, but he developed into a great deep ball passer.

arm strength isnt his problem with down the field throws... theree are all types of deep balls, and he can make all the throws.. his problem is his timing and accuracy down the field... arm strength isnt it... bad accuracy will make it look like he cnt throw deep, when really he can... go look at that bomb in preseason against the steelers... or a different type of deep throw would be against the colts when he tried to fit the ball inbetween the corner and saftey... good ball, enough power, but stared down the WR, and was a lil late on throwing the ball giving the S time to get over there... but point is he has enough arm, just needs to wrk on his machanics technique, and accuracy...

arm strength isnt his problem with down the field throws... theree are all types of deep balls, and he can make all the throws.. his problem is his timing and accuracy down the field... arm strength isnt it... bad accuracy will make it look like he cnt throw deep, when really he can... go look at that bomb in preseason against the steelers... or a different type of deep throw would be against the colts when he tried to fit the ball inbetween the corner and saftey... good ball, enough power, but stared down the WR, and was a lil late on throwing the ball giving the S time to get over there... but point is he has enough arm, just needs to wrk on his machanics technique, and accuracy...

He doesn't have any zip on his deep passes, they're all rainbows. Look at them, the WR's are never hit in stride. They either have to slow up or try and speed up faster than they're capable of. A good deep ball thrower hits his WR's in stride. Look at Rogers, Manning, Favre, etc. Always in stride (though Favre also got caught forcing throws into coverage too, but he always hit his guys in stride). Ryan can't do that, his arm strength isn't good enough to do that. Brady developed his deep ball and became known for it when Moss was there. Any other QB he's played with also did. Why? Because you can throw it as far as you absolutely can and Moss will make a play for you. Daunte Culpepper was a prolific passer with Moss. What happened when he left? Look at NE's offense now. They're not eating up chunks of yardage, they beat you in the slot with Welker and with their TE's. Dink and dunk, and it works.

Matt Ryan can read defenses with any QB in the league presnap and could be as effective as any throwing 5-10 yard passes. Our success comes when he does that too. Run the ball and dink and dunk and chew clock. That's the QB he is, and I don't understand why we have the desire to go deep when he has problems throwing that pass.

I don't get this "He'll never be good at throwing deep" bullcrap. He's getting better every week. Both passes were completely catchable, even the commentators said so. Matt is young, there is no limit on what he can do in terms of being an elite QB. The only limitations are in this offense. We took the deep pass out of the playbook in 09, and focused on getting Tony the ball. HD blowing his knee out didn't help. These "noodle arm" morons completely ignore the pass protection, timing, and mechanic issues that are the actual culprit. Watch any NFL game and you will see every QB miss on a deep pass more often than not.

Yes Guy we get it You love Matt Ryan you have his posters on your wall and you'll defend him to the death....