Sec Championship Game - Georgia Vs. Lsu

scottp12

I was thinkin the same thing. Get in the gun and throw it!!!! But after we left the dome I talked to my wife and she said Murrays hand got gashed up and taped, then he took tape off and couldnt grip the ball well. IDK but that may have contrib to play calling and some poor throws. Said it was bleeding pretty bad.

No. He couldn't grip the ball with his hand taped so just had to remove the tape and let it bleed for a while.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys-- everyone saw what happened when we were throw only in the second half. Bobo did the right thing by trying to at least have a small running threat established.

no one is saying we souldn't have ran at all. i'm saying when you have a chance to come out and really bust 'em in da mouf, you run the ball up the middle twice with a 165 pound RB, throw on 3rd down.

this gives them the momentum. the field position. and changes everyone's expectations of the game. even my wife said "what are ya'll doing, you are screwed now".

LadyDawg, we were the only team with a shot at the Sugar Bowl. If Bama and LSU play in the BCSNCG, that shuts the SEC out of any further BCS bowls. Two teams per conference except in the case that the top 2 ranked teams in a conference play in the NC game, but neither win the conference. We were the only team with a shot repping the SEC in the Sugar.

(null)

Edited by popcornplaya

everyone, take a deep breath and relax. we didnt finish the game plain and simple. we will learn from this and the team will be better. the pieces are in place for us to take another step next year. a 3 loss year is better than a 7 loss year. we are back and poised to pounce on next year.

Even though we lost, that was a decent first half showing by the Dawgs, especially CTG's defense. It's too bad the offense couldn't score or stay on the field long enough to give those guys a breather. Being down to your last healthy RB, who didn't know the protection didn't help.

Now, having said that, CMR should rehire CTG as his DC. As for Bobo as his OC, I don't know. Murray is still playing sporadically and I really hope the kid can get better for next season on a higher ranked Dawg team. Right now, Murray doesn't have the head for the big stage. I blame the coaching.

Bad luck with injuries and depth on offense and the horrible ST play all year had better be addressed by Richt. ST play was totally unacceptable this season.

My 2 main takeaways from tonights game:

- We can play with anybody in the country.... for a half. We have 0 depth. The elite teams dont have to rely on walkons and can plug in 2nd (even 3rd string) and there is not a huge drop off. Coaches need to be out on the recruiting trail immediately. We need "dream team" type classes every year, not just every 4 if we want to compete at the top.

- We improved drastically in our mental/physical toughness, but we've still got a ways to go. Against lesser quality opponents, we stood strong and took their best shots and fought back. Last night, when they punched us back in the 2nd half, we crumpled. We looked defeated. And watching Rambo give up and almost look like he was trying to get out of the way as that rb scored the long TD, made me sick to my stomach.

I was disappointed in the outcome of the game, but overall, we had a great season. And a lot to build on for next year. Now we know where we stand; we're good, but we're not elite.

disappointed to, but we coulda woulda shoulda'd a lot tonight. Surprisingly our recievers struggled, they have been the strongest part of team all year, but few BIG drops and yes, we gotta work on our depth in a lot of areas. Hate that it seemed we gave up late, but LSU is better, period. Hard to be mad losing the first two and have the potential to go 11-3..

Amen. T. King keeps falling down to. Hugely disappointing junior year for him.

The interception occurred right in front of me. It seemed like the ball was in the air forever and King had every opportunity to go up and at least compete for the ball. He gave very little effort on the play, and then got up limping...

That play and the Murray fumble on our first drive in the 3rd Q were game changers. The stadium was all UGA up until these points. LSU fans were 1/4 of the stadium and were louder than UGA fans at the beginning of the game, but shutup almost completely after the onsides kick. It was really a game of two halves. First half = extremely well. Second half = extreme disappointment.

BTW, I don't know if this has been mentioned yet or not, but Crowell needs to get his *** kicked. He is the epitome of a "cancer" on the team. I hope he pulls through but something needs to happen.

My main criticism of Richt's teams from the outside looking in is that they are not mentally tough enough when they get hit in the mouth.

I somewhat agree, but remember they are also very young this year. I do think that aspect has improved since last year, when their was absolutely no fire or emotion in any facet of the team. Could very well be Grantham's emotions rubbing off on the players.

In this particular game, it was a difference of depth. There is very little drop off from 1st string to 2nd string for LSU. UGA needs more depth in a lot of areas, and need to trust some of the younger guys to step in and make plays.

proud of the Dawgs. what you saw was a young, inexperienced team with little depth play the half of their lives and shoed you your possible future. We played a friggin' juggernaut tonight that has everything going for them. they're big, fast, strong, experienced, 3 deep at every position. we played a great team tonight (one of the best college football has seen in a while). we punched them in the mouth, then learned what it takes to play 60 minutes and step up in big games.

no way anyone could be realistic in thinking we'd continue what we did in the first half. build on that, learn from the second half and take it out on whoever we play in a bowl game. bring in some hogmollies to shore up the o-line and d-line depth. bring in some competition for crowell. and let's do it again next year.

and please someone say something about his heart now. limping onto the field to run the ball against this team. i'm glad he's not scared to jump in their face and show that he still cares in the second half. not smart to get the penalty, but at least he still had some fire in him. unlike some players..............COUGH.......Aaron Murray.........COUGH.

Not understanding this negativity towards Murray. I think the fumble in the opening drive of the 3rd quarter got to him, but I was at the game and he had a collapsing pocket on almost every play. He was running for his life. There were some obvious bad misthrows, but I didn't see any quit. Crowell's attitude was dispicable. He came out on his first play and ran his mouth. I don't think it was toughness playing as I don't think he was legitimately hurt in the first place. That is what is expected of SEC players, **** football players in gereral. What is not expected is running your mouth and the ME mentality.

i've been the biggest fire bobo person in the world for the past couple of years. if this problem of not calling agressive was just a one game circumstance against the #1 team in the nation, then i'd say let it go. it's just been season after season of inconsistent and predictable play calling.

i don't want a OC who can have us in position to score 21 points in the first half. i want one that can do this game in and game out consistently.

I'd like to know what you would have done differently in THIS GAME without any running game and the pocket collapsing all 2nd half? Some playcalls were questionable, but we should not be having a conversation about Bobo right now.

I woulda got discouraged if I was Murray. What with all the drops in the 1st half and then in the 2nd half, we proceeded to run ineffectively on 1st and 2nd down so that Murray was served-up like a Christmas goose for LSU's DL on 3rd and longs.

The problem isn't Murray. Its that we really do have to play with that "missing man formation" that Richt showed Crowell on his recruiting visit added to almost a decade of OL mismanagement. Lets make sure we close strong in recruiting tailbacks and OL.

One reason LSU is so much bigger and badder and deeper is because in the last 4 recruiting classes, they and Bama have signed 5 recruiting classes and we have signed < 3.5 classes. Another factor is S&C. JTII does an excellent job motivating, but we need to bring in someone with technical expertise and we need to have the same number of S&C assistants as LSU, Bama, and the rest of our competition.

The highlight of yesterday's game was pregame when Lou picked us and Mark May was Mark May. In reference to May's 30 year old butthurt vis a vie UGA, Lou said, "Hey Mark, you lost, be a good loser. Don’t go away mad, just go away."

Lou Holtz >>>

Edited by Billy Ocean

Don't they review ALL touchdowns this year??

honey-badger-punt-return-530x376.jpg

i really like the block in the back in the background. also, there were 2 on that play that weren't called. the first was when Mathieu first took off. it was poor coverage and even poorer blocking. that was a game changer and should not have counted.

Year 2 of the rebuilding process. 10 wins. SEC East title. Can't play with the best team in the country. Accept it. Improve. Nothing that has happened should make anyone question where we're going.

Eh, I questioned it before the game too, it's not like this was a snap reaction. I just wasn't that impressed with our turnaround, beating mainly terrible teams (with the exception of a mediocre Auburn). Nothing that happened yesterday made me change my opinion.

It's always something. Next year, people will say "we lost three senior OL." Then the year after that it will be something else. Recruiting, coaching staff, etc, it all comes down to Richt, and I no longer give him the benefit of the doubt. That's all. I still root for the Dawgs just like I always do.

I wish we still had "dislike" buttons on this forum.

Yeah, that would show me.

Eh, I questioned it before the game too, it's not like this was a snap reaction. I just wasn't that impressed with our turnaround, beating mainly terrible teams (with the exception of a mediocre Auburn). Nothing that happened yesterday made me change my opinion.

It's always something. Next year, people will say "we lost three senior OL." Then the year after that it will be something else. Recruiting, coaching staff, etc, it all comes down to Richt, and I no longer give him the benefit of the doubt. That's all. I still root for the Dawgs just like I always do.

Yeah, that would show me.

An ignore button might do the trick

From LHB:

OK, now that you've slept on the SECCG, what are your thoughts about the game and the season.

Here are ten topics that may be worthy of discussion.

1. Depth is the single biggest difference between the Dawgs and Bama/LSU.

2. Depth especially shows in the offensive line.

3. The O-line is more important than running backs.

4. Defense is going in the right direction.

5. There is no problem with the offense that the O-line can't fix.

6. Crowell will straighten up and be a solid contributor and leader.

7. Strength and conditioning is on track.

8. The entire coaching staff is fine - no changes needed.

9. UGA should sign the maximum number of players even if tough decisions have to be made down the road.

10. UGA will win the East in 2012.

I agree with all of these. Number 3 is astute, especially with all of the gnashing of teeth going on about IC. Number 9 shouldn't include forcing players out, but I don't think we'll need to do that to bring in a full class. I've said it all week and I'll continue to say until proven wrong, Crowell WILL have a good offseason (probably quiet at that) and WILL have a good year next year because he'll mature and he'll be given some competition/help in Marshall and Gurley.

There's absolutely no reason to believe we won't win the East next year and hopefully we'll get there with fewer losses so it'll mean that much more with regards to the post-season.

Edited by Reeves

I like the LHB list, except for bobo. I cant for the life of me figure out why we came out of the half running the same old plays we did for the past 4 years that either didnt work, or only barely worked because of Knowshon. He did good the 1st half and then same old same old the second half, until we were so far behind it didnt matter. He needs to have a solid game EVERY game like a lot of OC's do, not just 4 or 5 games a year. WE NEVER RAN A SLANT ROUTE last night until we were down by like 28. The SLANT is the most effective play in all of football and the only games we ran it this year were USCe, Miss State, GT, and Aub.