Sec Championship Game - Georgia Vs. Lsu

scottp12

I said today wasn't on him. That said his body of work is why I don't like him. His offense is too predictable, period. Look at what we've done under him. Consistently underperformed. if you think he's a great OC, well I have to be a dissenting opinion. I think he's terrible as a whole. We were much better and more consistent when CMR was calling the plays. I don't care for Bobo, never have. I don't think he's a championship caliber OC because he's too predictable. Did he do a good job today? Yes. As a whole? No. Look at the talent that's come through under his watch. Miami is the only team in college football that's sent more players to the NFL, if I'm not mistaken (I know they are during Richt's tenure). What do we have to show for it?

Edited by popcornplaya

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've been the biggest fire bobo person in the world for the past couple of years. if this problem of not calling agressive was just a one game circumstance against the #1 team in the nation, then i'd say let it go. it's just been season after season of inconsistent and predictable play calling.

i don't want a OC who can have us in position to score 21 points in the first half. i want one that can do this game in and game out consistently.

I said today wasn't on him. That said his body of work is why I don't like him. His offense is too predictable, period. Look at what we've done under him. Consistently underperformed. if you think he's a great OC, well I have to be a dissenting opinion. I think he's terrible as a whole. We were much better and more consistent when CMR was calling the plays. I don't care for Bobo, never have. I don't think he's a championship caliber OC because he's too predictable.

(null)

We all have a right to our opinions and that is what makes this forum great. But you are incorrect. Go back and compare Bobo's OC stats against CMR's OC stats. Bobo has done better than CMR in every category-- points, first downs, yards, YPP etc. CMR got rid of a lot of coaches. There is a reason that Bobo is still here. AND he is one of the best QB coaches in the country as well.

I said today wasn't on him. That said his body of work is why I don't like him. His offense is too predictable, period. Look at what we've done under him. Consistently underperformed. if you think he's a great OC, well I have to be a dissenting opinion. I think he's terrible as a whole. We were much better and more consistent when CMR was calling the plays. I don't care for Bobo, never have. I don't think he's a championship caliber OC because he's too predictable. Did he do a good job today? Yes. As a whole? No. Look at the talent that's come through under his watch. Miami is the only team in college football that's sent more players to the NFL, if I'm not mistaken (I know they are during Richt's tenure). What do we have to show for it?

i've been the biggest fire bobo person in the world for the past couple of years. if this problem of not calling agressive was just a one game circumstance against the #1 team in the nation, then i'd say let it go. it's just been season after season of inconsistent and predictable play calling.

i don't want a OC who can have us in position to score 21 points in the first half. i want one that can do this game in and game out consistently.

You guys are picking the wrong night to hate on Bobo and I'll leave it at that.

The numbers don't back this up. Richt is in the room and this is the offense he wants. Play action gets old but its what he bases the team on. We just can't run effectively on a regular basis. Once they saw that they pinned their heads back.

Why are we picking the wrong night? I hate on him after every game, ask any of my friends. It's not just tonight. And his brilliant offensive mind that moved the ball in the first half did nothing in the second. If he's such a great coach, why hasn't he had anyone pursuing him for a HC job? Sorry, you can like him all you want, I don't. His predictability is getting old.

(null)

Dont think we quit at all and think its a slap in the face to accuse anyone of suggesting that. Momentum is a b***h and we lost it in the third quarter. Our offense couldnt sustain drives as the LSU defense figured out our gameplan and our defense wore down as a result.

I disagree completely and the only thing that's a slap in the face was this effort to our seniors... our defense stopped making tackles, stopped playing with intensity... and our offense outside a few players just quit. There are some very obvious examples of it.

What's getting old is this ******* fan base jumping down each other and every player and coaches throat as though these players and coaches don't WANT to win. What you think they say before the game "um well Mark I don't think we can win this one" " ok Bobo let's just suit up and tell the boys that's how we're gonna do this... God Bless" give me a ******* break! The team TRIED! Played their hearts out and lost. What else y'all want!

You can print that. Tweet that!

I disagree completely and the only thing that's a slap in the face was this effort to our seniors... our defense stopped making tackles, stopped playing with intensity... and our offense outside a few players just quit. There are some very obvious examples of it.

The back to back runs where Georgia could not get the carrier down on one (might have been Hilliard) followed on the next play by Blue running right through for about 45 yards stands out to me.

I pray that recruits don't read the blogs... This by far is the WORST part of this game tonight

If they let everything written after a loss bother them, recruits would never go to college to play football. The criticism is deserved for this game... they played an awesome half of football and absolutely folded when LSU punched back. I take nothing away from LSU, but these Dawgs gave up plain and simple.

You're right. We did quit. Ultimately the final score was the same as it was for any LSU- ____ game. This was after holding them to 0 FD in H1. We quit and stopped believing after Murray fumble- it's a shame and hopefully a learning experience.

Like another poster stated... Momentum is a motherfukker! This team played to the end, they gave up points yeah but LSU literally plays 4 strings deep! Did anybody on here actually think that we would hold them to 7 PTS for the entire game? I guess so with this reaction y'all have. The guys were going for strips instead of tackling bc they knew they needed turnovers. Some guys like Rambo did quit in my eyes but to put that quit title on the team is bulls!t!

Edited by LadyDawg

Very good showing by our D in the first half. Holding anyone to no first downs for a whole half is a really great accomplishment. However, once it was very clear that our Offense could no longer do anything against them, it kind of wore down our Defense and it just kind of collapsed.

Crowell did nothing, which wasnt unexpected against LSU but it definitely shows he has a long way to becoming elite. He definitely shrunk in the big game. And when you are a one dimensional team against a Defense like LSU, its only a matter of time till they shut you down completely.

You could see a huge shift in the game with that punt return for a TD to go on top of all our missed opportunities at the beginning of the game.

I am proud of my dawgs and I see a start to something great. But I think this game shows you that we need alot more to get on top.

Like another poster stated... Momentum is a motherfukker! This team played to the end, they gave up points yeah but LSU literally plays 4 strings deep! Did anybody on here actually think that we would hold them to 7 PTS for the entire game? I guess so with this reaction y'all have. The guys were going for strips instead of tackling bc they knew they needed turnovers. Some guys like Rambo did quit in my eyes but to put that quit title on the team is bulls!t!

LG-- we did sort of quit and were overawed some on the big stage (our receivers esp.). But don't take it as a slight on this team. I am incredibly proud of them. Rarely does a young upstart come in and beat the heavy favorite in the SEC CG (UF/Bama the first time for example). But the young teams grow from that experience and come back and have more success (Bama/UF the second time for example). That's all. There is no shame in losing to LSU, but I had just hoped for some more fight- esp. from our D. I'm excited about next year- we'll be stronger with this experience.

I think you should have given the halftime speech.

You're right. We did quit. Ultimately the final score was the same as it was for any LSU- ____ game. This was after holding them to 0 FD in H1. We quit and stopped believing after Murray fumble- it's a shame and hopefully a learning experience.

Did Arkansas quit too? They were winning 14-0. How about Oregon who got blown out in the second half? How about Auburn? Everyone quitters? Or maybe, just maybe Football is a tough game.

Did Arkansas quit too? They were winning 14-0. How about Oregon who got blown out in the second half? How about Auburn? Everyone quitters? Or maybe, just maybe Football is a tough game.

No Arkansas got worn down on defense. That's not possible in a game where LSU had 236 yards of offense. Maybe "quit" is too harsh of a word but CLEARLY our players did not believe they could win after LSU took the lead the same way they did in the 1st half.

No Arkansas got worn down on defense. That's not possible in a game where LSU had 236 yards of offense. Maybe "quit" is too harsh of a word but CLEARLY our players did not believe they could win after LSU took the lead the same way they did in the 1st half.

You are correct that quit is too hard.

Did you see the game? Do you know the difference between holding a team to 8 yds in H1 and then 200+ in the second? LSU capitalized on mistakes made by all of those teams as they did on us. That is fine. But I didn't see any of the aforementioned teams dominate and then back off. Did you see the Arky game? did you see that one score was a long bomb and the other one a defensive fumble return? It was not as if Arky was playing lights out and then folded. Look beyond the score man.