Sec Championship Game - Georgia Vs. Lsu

scottp12

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about Bama, but LSU won't be losing much. They are young on defense. Alot younger than they look. Their offensive skill players are also young. Randle will be the only senior.

Alabama loses about half of their defense and Richardson and Maze on offense. Have some guys who have played a lot of snaps who will step in though.

Honestly I didn't expect the game to be this close (well, before that pick), thought LSU would win by 30. I felt we did have the best team in the East, and I still feel that way, but LSU & Alabama are the class of not only the SEC, but of the nation. I think our 1st half defensive effort shows what Richt & Grantham are building at UGA and when we get the depth to keep our guys fresh for an entire game like this, people will be looking at our D like they do LSU & Alabama.

UGA honestly should have been 21-0 going into half time, not that it would have mattered with the 2nd half performance by LSU. But still, we've seen the potential that UGA has in this game. I'm proud of the way the Dawgs played in the 1st half and I think we've got a good future building here.

I really expected more of this team. I didn't expect us to beat LSU, but I expected us to make a game of it. Dawgs played lights out for the whole 1st half, I don't even know what happened at halftime but it's like a completely different UGA team came out for the 2nd half. They gave up as soon as LSU took the lead, which really really really saddens me. I didn't think this team was capable of the apathy I saw in the 2nd half.

But yes, we have a lot of positive things to look forward to in the future. LSU is a great team... congrats and full respect to them as SEC champs.

I don't know about Bama, but LSU won't be losing much. They are young on defense. Alot younger than they look. Their offensive skill players are also young. Randle will be the only senior.

LSU will probably have a fair number of guys leave early, no? Regardless, LSU doesn't need to get worse, UGA needs to get a better offensive line and running back, and get a deeper defense. That was the difference in the game.

hudson looks good against the 4th string. he should start. lol- living in the man this is frustrating, dominated one half but didnt get the points, lsu dominated the second half and scored td after td, we gave up. we are avg team compared to the elite, when you talk about 4 quarters and all phases of the game. richt is 5th best coach in the league. blogging frustrated, 10 wins very proud of the turnaround, just ill with the give up in this game. but good class coming in, rb and oline depth, an offseason to realize what the differnce in being a top 25 team vs a top 5 team actually means and who know. we have the talent, no question we are not being beat by talent. go va tech!

Only QB coming back is Mettenberger. Depends on how many Juniors leave. That is why LSU and Alabama do not lose players. they reload. UGA is not losing much and if the defense stays mostly ini tact then UGA will be a team to beat in 2012. I am stoked for next year.

Hard to think what could have been in this game. Two dropped tds, terrible punt coverage killed us in the first half. One turnover and one score in the second half and this team just loses it. Disappointed with the effort in the second half but here's to us rebounding in a bowl game

It is tough to lose a Champ game by being blown out. This team learned a lot today and now knows what it takes to be Champs after this game. The season got off to a rough start and they fought hard to make it this far. Congrats to them. Now on to the bowl game and getting next year off to a great start.

I'm very proud of this UGA team. Props to both the players and coaches for turning the season around, winning ten in a row and laying claim to the SEC East title. Our boys played like men against the top team in the country and turned a lot of heads today. We went chin to chin with them for 3 quarters until mistakes and momentum did us in. This was a barometer game and we learned some great, hard lessons that will hopefully carry over to next year.

We salute you Bulldog Nation!

im glad lsu beat uga, it could have been worse for georgia if lsu decided to play 4 quarters instead of 2, like usual. now some of my uga friends can shut up on facebook about how uga was gonna put a whopping on lsu.

Are ya'll going to a bowl game? Sorry I just cant remember if yall won that 6th game and got elidgible?

I'm definitely one of the most critical people of my dawgs but this is how I see it... Bobo DOESN'T need to be fired, he's much improved this year and the WR's not catching the ball isn't on him, not having RB's is not on him. He made great calls and I respect him now when I questioned him before. I give tons of credit to th Oline a well, they played their ***** off for this game, you have to give LSU's Dline credit. The Oline stood up and kept our QB upright for most of this game. I don't think the D gave up either, I think Rambo gave up, he let Blue run right past him for a touchdown late in the game that was just unacceptable. This team was just better, period! Next year will come around and these guys will remember this *** whipping and be better for it and will be angry. Turnovers played a huge role again just like the game with Scar. I hate the "there's always next year" phrase but that's exactly what I'm excited for with this team! Go DAWGS

You can print that. Tweet that!

Here's to hoping we can recruit a RB that's not a pansy, cause Crowell isn't what he was billed as. I want a kid that will hit you in the mouth, run over you like a dump truck and leave a few footprints on your chest as he's doing it. Think we could talk the NCAA into letting Herschel into having his last year of eligibility? Or at least put him in charge of strength and conditioning? I also hope we can get rid of Bobo. Sure, today wasn't all on him, but it's his body of work I'm not happy with. I don't like his offense, and it's as predictable as a watch at times.

Seriously, congrats to LSU, I still don't like you and hope that whomever you play smashes you in the National Championship. I don't root for my conference, or anyone else but my Dawgs. So, from the bottom of my heart, I hope that you get killed in the National Championship.

Edited by popcornplaya

I'm proud of what we have achieved this year. But wow... did the team quit in the second half. Did not expect that.

I agree. I was just as disappointed with that as I was proud of our attitude in the first half. We have to get mentally prepared to compete for championships as well as physically.

Edited by frankly88

I really expected more of this team. I didn't expect us to beat LSU, but I expected us to make a game of it. Dawgs played lights out for the whole 1st half, I don't even know what happened at halftime but it's like a completely different UGA team came out for the 2nd half. They gave up as soon as LSU took the lead, which really really really saddens me. I didn't think this team was capable of the apathy I saw in the 2nd half.

But yes, we have a lot of positive things to look forward to in the future. LSU is a great team... congrats and full respect to them as SEC champs.

this should be all Dawgs perspective on this game. we got beat. but, we are improved and will continue to do so next year.

Dont think we quit at all and think its a slap in the face to accuse anyone of suggesting that. Momentum is a b***h and we lost it in the third quarter. Our offense couldnt sustain drives as the LSU defense figured out our gameplan and our defense wore down as a result.

proud of the Dawgs. what you saw was a young, inexperienced team with little depth play the half of their lives and shoed you your possible future. We played a friggin' juggernaut tonight that has everything going for them. they're big, fast, strong, experienced, 3 deep at every position. we played a great team tonight (one of the best college football has seen in a while). we punched them in the mouth, then learned what it takes to play 60 minutes and step up in big games.

no way anyone could be realistic in thinking we'd continue what we did in the first half. build on that, learn from the second half and take it out on whoever we play in a bowl game. bring in some hogmollies to shore up the o-line and d-line depth. bring in some competition for crowell. and let's do it again next year.

and please someone say something about his heart now. limping onto the field to run the ball against this team. i'm glad he's not scared to jump in their face and show that he still cares in the second half. not smart to get the penalty, but at least he still had some fire in him. unlike some players..............COUGH.......Aaron Murray.........COUGH.

I also hope we can get rid of Bobo. Sure, today wasn't all on him, but it's his body of work I'm not happy with. I don't like his offense, and it's as predictable as a watch at times.

Can we stop talking about Bobo... for God's sake, do you have any idea what happened today and why it happened. Bobo got us in position for 21 Q1 points without a RB. C'mon man.

Can we stop talking about Bobo... for God's sake, do you have any idea what happened today and why it happened. Bobo got us in position for 21 Q1 points without a RB. C'mon man.

unfortunately no most of our "fans"/ trolls have no clue. this is why i keep hearing how we have the worst fan base in the SEC. i have had to stop defending them because sad to say it tends to be displayed even among our own