It looks like we will either be hosting Detroit or going to Dallas (two scenarios). The only other scenario is if Detroit wins 11 and we go to New Orleans (The Peter King scenario....)

12 wins =

#1 - Green Bay (Bye)

#2 - San Fran (Bye)

#6 - Detroit @ #3 - Atlanta

#5 - New Orleans @ #4 - Dallas

11 wins =

#1 - Green Bay (Bye)

#2 - San Fran (Bye)

#6 - Detroit @ #3 - New Orleans

#5 - Atlanta @ #4 - Dallas (Even though we have a better record)

10 wins =

#1 - Green Bay (Bye)

#2 - San Fran (Bye)

#6 - Detroit @ #3 - New Orleans

#5 - Atlanta @ #4 - Dallas (Even though we have a better record)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have forgotten about the Bears and the fact the Lions will lose Suh for 2 games at least

Haven't forgotten about the Bears. Without Cutler I have them going 3 - 3 at best and not getting in. Lions will get in with 10 or 11 wins.

Alls I m saying is that the possibilities are starting to narrow if we are going to get in. A NYG win this Sunday will muddy the water a bit though.

I don't see the Lions making it into the playoffs. The Bears have a pretty easy schedule from here on out, even without Cutler. Oak, KC, Den, Sea, GB, and Min for the Bears. The Lions have @NO, @Oak, SD, @GB, and Min for their last 5. The Bears are also a half game ahead of them before that upcoming schedule with one less loss.

I also think the NYG are on the outside looking in. They have @NO, GB, @Dal, Was, @NYJ, and Dal again to end the season. That's a brutal schedule for their last 6 games.

IMHO, 10-6 gets us into the playoffs.

I don't see the Lions making it into the playoffs. The Bears have a pretty easy schedule from here on out, even without Cutler. Oak, KC, Den, Sea, GB, and Min for the Bears. The Lions have @NO, @Oak, SD, @GB, and Min for their last 5. The Bears are also a half game ahead of them before that upcoming schedule with one less loss.

I also think the NYG are on the outside looking in. They have @NO, GB, @Dal, Was, @NYJ, and Dal again to end the season. That's a brutal schedule for their last 6 games.

IMHO, 10-6 gets us into the playoffs.

This. These teams have to play each other, so everyone can't win. CHI however has it easy, and losing Cutler won't be as bad as people think. He blew almost as many games as he won. With their defense, Forte, and easy sched, they only need someone to manage the offense to get 3 more wins.

I could be wrong but since the lions lost yesterday all we have to do to get the 6th seed is beat the Vikings. From there we just need to keep winning and watch what happens with everyone else.

Correct. Then at least we are in control of our own destiny. I know everyone is talking about winning out...(and I want to as well)...but even if we beat the Saints and slip somewhere else, the Saints still own the tie breaker in 90% of the scenarios.

Right now, it looks like @ Dallas to me. It sucks too cause I don't like the drive out there.

That's the tough road to win in compared to the other way.

we have to play Cowboys and then Packers if we win the first round; and cowboys are in such a roll.

while the Stains play a Detroit team that's falling apart and then the 49ers if they beat Det.

49ers and Lions look like teams Stains can beat, even though 49ers came COULD be a tough one.

Cowboys and Packers have WRs that can exploit our nickle defense, at least Stains are a division team we know.

If we both somehow win out...Stains vs Falcons NFC Champ game..

now If the BEARS make the playoffs instead of the lions it becomes

ATL vs NO ===> ATL vs GB

I don't really understand the fear of the Cowboys. In their two most recent games, they've beaten the Redskins and Dolphins on FGs on the last play of the game. Really, they easily could have lost both of those games. Yes, they have talent, but the Falcons have talent too, and there is no reason to fear the Cowboys.

I don't really understand the fear of the Cowboys. In their two most recent games, they've beaten the Redskins and Dolphins on FGs on the last play of the game. Really, they easily could have lost both of those games. Yes, they have talent, but the Falcons have talent too, and there is no reason to fear the Cowboys.

Doesn't matter who they beat or how they beat them, they pulled together to finish the game on top. We could have easily lost to Seattle. We should have beat Tampa and New Orleans. But we didn't therefore we're stuck praying for others to lose and hoping to win the rest of our games

I agree about the Cowboys. I don't think Romo can play the conservative, mistake-free type of football that can exploit our defensive scheme.

Same can be said about Ryan against Rob Ryans defense. We don't have the best secondary in the world and can't seem to put together a pass rush so I don't think Romo would have to work to hard to exploit our scheme. Only advantage our defense has over them is our ability to stop the run and I would really hate for Murray to pass the front 7

Edited by ya_boi_j

I just believe they match up well against us. a def with 5th most sacks and 5th least amount of 40+ passes allowed. combined with Wrs and TEs that matchup well against us.

Same can be said about Ryan against Rob Ryans defense. We don't have the best secondary in the world and can't seem to put together a pass rush so I don't think Romo would have to work to hard to exploit our scheme. Only advantage our defense has over them is our ability to stop the run and I would really hate for Murray to pass the front 7

Ryan is good against the blitz and excels with his mid range throws. So I think he'd be fine against their scheme. Romo can make some special plays, but if he has to throw it all day there will be some picks.

That's really my point, Romo would have to throw it 35+ times against us. They beat MIA because MIA made too many mistakes and because DAL was able to run it in the 4th quarter. We are improving in the mistake dept. and our run defense speaks for itself.

I think our WR vs their secondary is a bigger mismatch than their WR vs. ours. If our ground game is working then forget about it.

In regards to Detroit's play-off chances, I think it's worth noting that they are down another running back, with Kevin Smith going down yesterday with a high ankle injury.

Couple that with the Suh meltdown and upcoming subsequent suspension and I think the Lions play-off chances have sailed.

IMHO, the two wild-card teams are Atlanta and Chicago.

Ryan is good against the blitz and excels with his mid range throws. So I think he'd be fine against their scheme. Romo can make some special plays, but if he has to throw it all day there will be some picks.

That's really my point, Romo would have to throw it 35+ times against us. They beat MIA because MIA made too many mistakes and because DAL was able to run it in the 4th quarter. We are improving in the mistake dept. and our run defense speaks for itself.

I think our WR vs their secondary is a bigger mismatch than their WR vs. ours. If our ground game is working then forget about it.

You cannot overlook their defense or Romo. True, Romo has a history of choking in key situations and I understand Ryan is efficient against the blitz. They both also have the tendency to throw stupid INT's as well. All that goes out the window if we meet in the playoffs because. We all know that our defense tends to fade away in the second half. I don't think he would have to throw the ball 35+ times against us. A healthy offense on both teams would make for a dam good game. It all depends on which defense want it more.

I don't know about anyone else but I respect what Murray has done this season and I would not look over the fact that he could possibly have a big day on our defense.

In regards to Detroit's play-off chances, I think it's worth noting that they are down another running back, with Kevin Smith going down yesterday with a high ankle injury.

Couple that with the Suh meltdown and upcoming subsequent suspension and I think the Lions play-off chances have sailed.

IMHO, the two wild-card teams are Atlanta and Chicago.

Only winning teams Chicago has left are Oakland and Green Bay. I can see Palmer having a field day against them and Green Bay digging them a new one. That's 2 losses. I wouldn't be surprised if K.C. beats them as well. Orton may be starting by next weekend. I see the Cowboys and Giants from the east and the Saints and Falcons from the south making the playoffs