Re-Watched The 2Nd Half

txtechballa

Ok so I wanted to share some observations that I saw during the 2nd half of this past Sunday's game.

- With Julio Jones out, we had to use Harry Douglas.... (finally!!) I have been so ready to see HD get some real playing time and some targets. We all know his potential, and hopefully MM saw it sunday as well.

at the same time, Matt Ryan might have thrown to HD way too often in the 4th quarter when he was double teamed a bunch when he lined up as an outside receiver. (if he wouldn't have under-thrown that one pass, HD is gone for TD)

- Offensive line....where is the push?!? Our O-line still cannot develop any push or gaps for Michael Turner to fit through....

- When we lined up in more of a spread look and then ran the ball, we were more successful...(duh, c'mon Mularkey, running 3 TE sets and a FB just screams run....)

- Hurry up spread offense works! I keep noticing this and hearing from announcers how awesome Ryan and company do when in the no huddle or hurry up spread....yet we only run this 1 or 2 times a game....why?

-Missed opportunities.....one missed field goal, 2 field goals instead of TD's vs. one of the worst red zone defenses..... and Finally, the final 30 seconds when we had so many chances at getting a TD to win instead of a FG to tie....I was happy with overtime seeing as we were down 10 with 9 minutes left, but C'MON MAN! we could have wrapped that game up easily.....

I know it is wednesday and the game has been long since over, but I finally had yesterday off work to analyze the game and really see what we could have done better on....

I thought it would be painful to watch as well, but all in all, we did a great job....our defense held up beautifully even though we gave up some 3rd and longs (ugh...). I felt like we did a great job vs. Sproles which I was very worried about. Our offense did amazing minus finishing the drives....So somehow, I actually did not feel too bad about that loss.

Anybody figure out that the Falcons two TD's were after they went for it on 4th down and made it? So many things that happened in the second half that get ignored but people keep spouting the negatives so I won't bother breaking them down. Forget about the fact the Falcons started on their own 3 with a 10pt deficit scored 7, down by 3, with 4min left, forced the Saints to punt, and scored the field goal for the tie with 4 sec on the board. Man this team blows.

Anybody figure out that the Falcons two TD's were after they went for it on 4th down and made it? So many things that happened in the second half that get ignored but people keep spouting the negatives so I won't bother breaking them down. Forget about the fact the Falcons started on their own 3 with a 10pt deficit scored 7, down by 3, with 4min left, forced the Saints to punt, and scored the field goal for the tie with 4 sec on the board. Man this team blows.

You are right. In defense of my post, I included positives and negatives. The last drive for 90 yards was mentioned in the Harry Douglas praise I gave, and also in the hurry up offense praise I gave. Then I also mentioned that we had 3 plays to get a TD which was a missed opportunity. Not to mention I praised this team for their effort Sunday and I felt that we were the better team by far all around, we just didn't have the chips fall at the right times.

the worst part of that game was overtime... i couold not BELIEVE we didnt call any runs until 4th and inches... from about 7mins in the 4th QT till the end of the game i really saw how bad this offense is as a whole... and overtime put the cherry on the head of it...

Let the board tell it, it's all execution's fault. You can't execute a run if it's not called. You can't blame MM for this. He puts those guys in position to win every time, even when the defense and fans know the play. If they just execute, they can never lose.

/casm

Let the board tell it, it's all execution's fault. You can't execute a run if it's not called. You can't blame MM for this. He puts those guys in position to win every time, even when the defense and fans know the play. If they just execute, they can never lose.

/casm

I noticed that once we passed, passed, passed to tie it up and go to OT....we didn't run the ball until 4th and inches. If it was ever a time to run it....it would've been during the first possession IN OT...to get into FG range. It felt like "panic-mode" even from the living room....wacko.png