Julio Jones Likely Out Vs Titans .. Good Move Td

swift

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mashburn

Swift what team do you think had a better draft pick then us? and I'm not referring to this season. I am more so talking about 2008-2010. cause we can see who is good and who was a bust or on there way to being good or on there way to being a bust.

cause like it or not, this team has had the biggest tur around. probably the biggest turn around in history. a team who has the longest record for not having back to back winning seasons. TD started this, he made us a winning team. and once he gets this team and coach's under control you will see an amazing long time winning team.

TD fixed our players and that takes years to do. the falcons just need one or two more and maybe some depth. but it is basically complete with ahving a good list of players. so I bet you anything next it will be fixing our coach's. either he will start to tell them how to fix there coaching problems, or he'll find someone else.

It takes times to fix a horrible team. no back to back winning seasons is one. but a coach leaving in the middle of the season, starting QB gone, problems in the locker room, is something that is far worse. so give the man credit.

but please do tell me what team has had a bad draft in 2008-2010? and just curious what team do you think has ever had a bigger turn around for the better then the falcons?

Edited by mashburn

i would rather have julio because he is a dam good football player and has a team first attitude. julio offers everything a coach wants in a player. his time will come as far as production on the field. if the indy game doesn't convince you nothing will. all players deal with injuries and a hamstring injury will linger.

this wasn't a one year decision. this was a career decision. julio will be here for hopefully ten years. 4 draft picks will over time prove to be less and less of a risk.

this was also a move that was suppose to pay off this year and help us get over this not winning a playoff game hump . Julio Jones can turn into a great player down the road and we can look back at the trade as a success but at this point he hasnt been able to stay on the field and we could have used the other 4 draft picks to make the team better

There have been other impactful rookie wrs taken after Julio

i would rather have julio because he is a dam good football player and has a team first attitude. julio offers everything a coach wants in a player. his time will come as far as production on the field. if the indy game doesn't convince you nothing will. all players deal with injuries and a hamstring injury will linger.

this wasn't a one year decision. this was a career decision. julio will be here for hopefully ten years. 4 draft picks will over time prove to be less and less of a risk.

Using the logic in this thread the Julio pick was the safest since TD doesn't draft well any way. Why pay 4-5 players when you only have to pay for 1.

this was also a move that was suppose to pay off this year and help us get over this not winning a playoff game hump . Julio Jones can turn into a great player down the road and we can look back at the trade as a success but at this point he hasnt been able to stay on the field and we could have used the other 4 draft picks to make the team better

There have been other impactful rookie wrs taken after Julio

ATL is in the thick of the wild card race. it's not over yet, and julio will be back this year to make a difference.

ATL is in the thick of the wild card race. it's not over yet, and julio will be back this year to make a difference.

but if he doesnt can we look at this trade as a short term let down

Im not saying it wont pay off down the road cause I feel Julio can have a very good career but if he

stays off field my opinion we can look at the trade as a short term failure

I'd also like to point out that it's imperative to make sure that our draft pick doesn't fight dogs.

Actually, another point I'd like to make is that we MUST make sure our draft pick does not have a congenital heart disease. It's also important to insure that our draft picks won't get lost on boats and drown.

I think julio jones is a once in a decade player. He has the tools and mind set to be a great, great player for a long time. How many draft choices actually pan out and could said to be good, not even great? We have alot of young talent already on the team and bodies are not really needed. We have depth, and if you can draft a true difference maker then you HAVE to do that. A hamstring issue is common and he will deal with it. He will also go to a number of pro bowls and give this team a super star for a long time.

Here what this guy said. Plus i will add that the draft picks we traded away were "more" than likely going to be spent on guys who were going to be average at best on a roster that is already pretty much filled out.

but if he doesnt can we look at this trade as a short term let down

Im not saying it wont pay off down the road cause I feel Julio can have a very good career but if he

stays off field my opinion we can look at the trade as a short term failure

sure. if he can't get on the field later this year it's definitely a let down.

Cant be a hypocrite . You spend a boat load of Draft picks on a player you want him out there

Robinson who had talent but couldnt stay on field we trade away for a useless late round draft pick

when he could have been used for depth

Id rather have a high risk / high reward player on roster like Robinson

That statement can also be said about JJ. You guys are acting like this is the old NFL rookie wage scale. He is getting paid 16.2 million over 4 years.

so you think its smart to trade away 4 draft picks for 1 player cant stay on field

are you same person that bitched about Norwood always being hurt?

or did you call TD a genius when he traded away a hurt Laurent Robinson for scraps

anyone see what Robinson is doing in dallas?

Lots of players have a hamstring issue at some point in time. Andre Johnson has missed considerable time this year. Does that make AJ expendable in Texas? It is what it is, and by know means will it define JJ's career.

TD draft picks that have missed time

Jerry

Spoon

Baker .. out again

William Moore ... out again

HD

Kerry Merier ... useless

Its every single year TD drafts picks are winding up hurt

And we're the only team with injured players this time of year?...seriously, crawl back in your troll hole and have a vegamite sandwich.

Lots of players have a hamstring issue at some point in time. Andre Johnson has missed considerable time this year. Does that make AJ expendable in Texas? It is what it is, and by know means will it define JJ's career.

but how many seasons has Andre played . Injuries happen they are part of the game

but when you spend 4 draft picks on 1 you truly want that player out there

And we're the only team with injured players this time of year?...seriously, crawl back in your troll hole and have a vegamite sandwich.

No every team has injuries . Packers won a Super Bowl with a **** load of them but whe. you spend 4 draft picks on a player you want him to have this instant impact and for most part of season he has been on sidelines with helmet off

and who knows how long he will be out again

That statement can also be said about JJ. You guys are acting like this is the old NFL rookie wage scale. He is getting paid 16.2 million over 4 years.

not when you spend 4 draft picks to get him . We could have signed a Malcom Floyd who has huge upside but is never healthy for less money and kept our draft picks

JJ has hamstring issues, a very common injury around the league. But this is TD's fault, right? SMDH....

so its just a concidence just about every one of TD draft picks have missed some time

Baker

Spoon

William Moore

Julio

HD& Meier both blown out knees

Perria Jerry

we want this so called Falcons filter to show good moral players how bout we draft some players that can stay on the football field

No every team has injuries . Packers won a Super Bowl with a **** load of them but whe. you spend 4 draft picks on a player you want him to have this instant impact and for most part of season he has been on sidelines with helmet off

and who knows how long he will be out again

Green Bay also has 47 of 53 man roster that they drafted. Also, more than half of their team has only played for them. Rome wasn't built overnight, nor will a Super Bowl team.