Looking At The Remaining Schedule...can We Run The Table?

As much as we can be hash for this team, looking at the games left, I still think we can catch fire & run the table, yes, we all had loss' to the Texans, but Schuab is out for the season, & we still have road games vs the Panthers (W) Bucs (W) & Saints (W - IF we get on a tear!) hopefuly the Saint loss is a BIG wakeup call.

I have you guys down for another loss in the Superdome.

Not being rude, but I think the mojo the Saints have over the Falcons the last 5 years is now clearly in the head of Mike Smith. That's not good news.

You mean the mojo of us winning the division last season? Or maybe the Saints mojo that has seen the visiting team win the last 4 games between the teams? Please, that's nothing but a biased statement...

This team is capable, however, there are serious discipline issues that need to be corrected first. All these penalties and bone head plays are reminding me of our glorious teams of yesteryear that were the NFL's best at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. The problem is correctable. I hope they fix it.

I'm sticking with my 11-5 prediction. I still think we will lose at least one more. Hopefully it's not a division game because that would pretty much kill our division hopes.

Hopefully not another conference game because that would make the playoffs a stretch. If we're only gonna lose one it needs to be to TEN, JAX or HOU.

If we don't clean up some of the BS that reared its ugly head in the CHI, TB, GB and NO games like penalties, drops, bad throws, no pass rush, blown coverages, bad play calls, etc., we can forget about the playoffs.

I'm sticking with my 11-5 prediction. I still think we will lose at least one more. Hopefully it's not a division game because that would pretty much kill our division hopes.

Hopefully not another conference game because that would make the playoffs a stretch. If we're only gonna lose one it needs to be to TEN, JAX or HOU.

If we don't clean up some of the BS that reared its ugly head in the CHI, TB, GB and NO games like penalties, drops, bad throws, no pass rush, blown coverages, bad play calls, etc., we can forget about the playoffs.

This is the story of this season.

You mean the mojo of us winning the division last season? Or maybe the Saints mojo that has seen the visiting team win the last 4 games between the teams? Please, that's nothing but a biased statement...

First post here, guys.

In regard to the visiting team having won the last four games in this series; I believe, if you look back, the Saints have won 3 of those 4.

It's not Falcons 2 Saints 2... it's Saints 3 Falcons 1.

First post here, guys.

In regard to the visiting team having won the last four games in this series; I believe, if you look back, the Saints have won 3 of those 4.

Honestly with this rivalry I dont think it really matters. To me it seems like every one of these games we play against each other take on an identity of itself. Its almost like it will ALWAYS come down to who executes and doesn't make mistakes. But back to the OP question, we most definitely can but its all about our teams attitude. One of the best things that I have learned about this team under Mike Smith is that they seem to respond well after tough losses. We shall see.

Can you guys run the table yes, just like you guys can lose every game left too. I think you should focus on one game at a time.

The actual coaches and players can't look ahead to games in the future, but we as fans can. Its part of what we do. If we are discussing wether or not we can run the table its not going to effect what the players actually do on the field.

First post here, guys.

You are right. The visitor won the last four matches. Aints won three. We won one.

All four wins were gifts from the NFCS Football gods though:

2011 - NO - ATL outplayed NO but stepped on its weenie at least 17 times

2010 - NO - ATL outplayed NO but had two costly fumbles and 8 missed sacks

2010 - ATL - NO kicker missed a chip shot game winner

2009 - NO - ATL offense was in the training room but the Aints still nearly lost

All three of these were won by THREE points. Two in overtime. Can't wait for 12/26.

Well I hate being a negative Nancy, but I am now officially "not impressed" with this team period due to the reasons listed above by FalconFanSince70. The icing on the cake is failing to make the first down against NO. Winners find a way to win and this team this year does not do that. I hope I am wrong but I see this team losing more than 1 more game and don't see the playoffs in our picture at all.

This is a very disappointing team that got way more hype than they could deliver. Sloppy football is the hallmark of this team.

Look, we were lucky as fk to win 13 games last year. Everything came up 7-11's for us ....this year we are rolling snake eyes, but we are still in the hunt. It seems like everyone thinks we are entitled to 13-3 again ......That just don't happen EVERY year .... I'm gonna keep my head up unless/until we become mathematically eliminated ......

Honestly...yea we can. Do I think we will? No.

This team seems to get overconfident and loses focus at times when they start to believe they're better than they are. I honestly feel like this game against the Titans next week is the 2nd toughest game we have left. You've got Jax & Minnesota...2 games that if you're a contender at all you need to take care of business in those 2 games. Then you've got Carolina on the road and Tampa at home. No pushovers...but Tampa's just ok and Carolina is still going through growing pains and dealing with all those injuries to their D. Houston will be tough but having to start Leinart...huge monkeywrench in their plans. That leaves Tennessee...and N.O. I honestly think we should beat Tennessee and we'll see what happens in the SuperDome.

I'm giving a loaded answer to this loaded question. I felt like we could have won three of the four games we lost to this point. Then once I saw how we started in the GB game, we could have won that one too. So, the answer is yes we CAN. Will this team rebound and gut it out? I don't know.

That's the way I feel about it. This team can beat anybody, but the Falcons must play smart football to do it. The TB game was a wasted effort due to dropped balls and penalties. The GB game was wasted due to dropped balls and penalties. We clearly got handled against Chicago. And the Falcons out played the Saints, but once again dropped balls, penalties and predictable coaching wasted great efforts that should had been enough to win the game in regulation. This team needs to win some big games, and not just the ones they're suppose to win.

Go Falcons!

This team has looked so inconsistent in every phase of the game that running off 7 straight wins is highly unlikely. I am hoping like the rest that they can turn the season around and catch fire, but nothing I have seen so far this year gives me confidence that this will happen. I think 5-2 the rest of the way is more likely, which leaves us at 10-6...we would need other teams in the NFC to start losing some important games if we want to get in the playoffs.

Guest Negatorris

I think we can possible go 7-0, 6-1 at the worst.

I had us pegged for a loss to the Texans, but with Shaub gone, I think we can take the win. Our defense has shown they can defend explosive offenses, and I think the D Line is really PO'd at themselves. I expect a better performance from them.

I also though we would lose in NO, but I believe we won't lose that game at all, and if we do, it will be close again. The Falcons as a whole are mad at their selves for this first game, and they know what the deal is next time we meet our rivals. They will be ready, and we will win.

7-0 is very possible.

Unless everybody from Smitty on down doesn't tighten up on the mistakes on play calling ,execution, penalties, over throws etc. They will run into at least 2 games where the other team wants it more and 10-6 might not get them in with their conference record. **** I want them to get on a run but they aren't consistent enough to do that yet.

If you look at the remaining schedules for the NFC South (forget Cam-olina) here are the remaining oppenents with a .500 or better record:

Atl 3 out of 7

NO 4 out of 6

TB 4 out 7

If you add all the below .500 opponents on the remaining schedule to their respective records then for the sake of simplicity since Atl and NO can't both lose on their remaining game against each other I am putting Atl picking that one up. I am also thinking the Texans are toast without Schaub since Leinhart hasn't done much otherwise. So it could very well look like this.

Atl 11-5

NO 9-7

TB 7-5

If the Falcons lose to the Saints then it could be

Atl 10-6

NO 10-6

With NO having the head to head advantage.

So clearly beating the Saints is a must for winning the division and the home field advantage in New Orleans myth was debunked with a win their too. Anything can happen unless people believe in past years statistics with different personnel.

I have you guys down for another loss in the Superdome.

Not being rude, but I think the mojo the Saints have over the Falcons the last 5 years is now clearly in the head of Mike Smith. That's not good news.

What exactly do the past 5 seasons have to do with the 2011 season? If you're going to use that logic, then why not use the all time rivalry record? Who owns that one?

What exactly do the past 5 seasons have to do with the 2011 season? If you're going to use that logic, then why not use the all time rivalry record? Who owns that one?

Under Sean Payton and Drew Brees the Falcons are our bi&@$. We own you ,bend over and take! And when you come to the Super Dome in December don't forget to pack the lube. ;)

You are right. The visitor won the last four matches. Aints won three. We won one.

All four wins were gifts from the NFCS Football gods though:

2011 - NO - ATL outplayed NO but stepped on its weenie at least 17 times

2010 - NO - ATL outplayed NO but had two costly fumbles and 8 missed sacks

2010 - ATL - NO kicker missed a chip shot game winner

2009 - NO - ATL offense was in the training room but the Aints still nearly lost

All three of these were won by THREE points. Two in overtime. Can't wait for 12/26.

That's a bucket load there buddy....ohmy.png