It's All Part Of The Plan.....this Loss Today Pays Dividends Down The Road!

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury I present my argument for why this loss will pay dividends. The problems we had in the past two playoff appearances were: A) we ran into a buzzsaw SB team both times, cool.png we did not have much to fight for in weeks 16 and 17, and C) we simply weren't hungry enough.

The only way you become that buzzsaw is when you learn to throw caution to the wind and let the chips fall where they may. In other words, learn how to play out of you normal character, learn to step on a few throats, and play with some urgency. Today, I saw us do that in the 4th quarter. Getting Douglas involved late was something we sorely needed and I was glad to see Matt air it out a little. Today didn't pay off but we need to keep on doing this...we are going to need it to when January rolls around.

Today's loss and the week 3 loss to Tampa are both games we let slip away. Neither of those teams beat the snot out of us...they both simply stole one from us late because we let them. These losses should burn a fire in the bellies of all 53 players keep us amped up in weeks 16 and 17.

Which brings me to the hungry part...over these next weeks we need to realize that payback is in order and we now have to play with a chip on our shoulders to get that payback! We need to believe that we have beat Tampa and NO like they stole something from us...hopefully we can then focus that payback energy GB and/or Chicago, if we see them down the road. That will lead us to the promised land.....

This is homerism at it's most extreme.

1) The Falcons ARE playing with hunger ALREADY and they simply lost. The offense was taking chances downfield with playaction passes while running the no huddle, Smitty gambled with the playcalling, and the defense played aggressively - if that is not playing with hunger, then I do not know what is.

2) If by some chance they weren't (which they were), and losing gives them an edge, by this logic, the Indianapolis Colts are just waiting to go ape sh*t on some unlucky opponent; Oh wait, they are still winless.

3) If losing gives teams and edge wouldn't this ALSO apply to all the other teams in the league, or is this magical whimsical thinking only apply to the Falcons because you are a fan?

4) When does any player or coach say to the rest of the team before the big game and say "Don't worry if we lose, we will catch fire when the moment is right!!! Every loss is a win in the playoffs - Super Bowl, HERE WE COME!!!"

I know you are a fan and you want to always wish for the best for the Atlanta Falcons, but this is F*CKING RIDICULOUS.

Edited by Aria7
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We have as good of team as anybody. It all comes down to missed opportunities...if we would of made that FG, if Roddy would of got that obvious PI call inside the ten, and if Spoon took down Brees when he had the chance, and if they didn't call the other BS PI call on Roddy on the stop by us. Bad calls are gonna happen, especially to us, but stupid penalties and no pass rush killed us today. It just seems that we always just almost make that play and other teams make it look easy against us.

This is homerism at it's most extreme.

1) The Falcons ARE playing with hunger ALREADY and they simply lost. The offense was taking chances downfield with playaction passes while running the no huddle, Smitty gambled with the playcalling, and the defense played aggressively - if that is not playing with hunger, then I do not know what is.

2) If by some chance they weren't (which they were) and losing gives them an edge - by this logic, the Indianapolis Colts are just waiting to go ape sh*t on some unlucky opponent; Oh wait, they are still winless.

3) If losing gives teams and edge wouldn't this ALSO apply to all the other teams in the league, or is this magical whimsical thinking only apply to the Falcons because you are a fan?

4) When does any player or coach say to the rest of the team before the big game and say "Don't worry if we lose, we will catch fire when the moment is right!!! Every loss is a win in the playoffs - Super Bowl, HERE WE COME!!!"

I know you are a fan and you want to always wish for the best for the Atlanta Falcons, but this is F*CKING RIDICULOUS.

Maybe it is homerism....maybe not. We'll find out in week 16, I guess.

Wait so we let the Bucs and Saints beat us this year? Well **** me I thought we were actually trying to win the division. Hey maybe if we let them win the next two games they'll repay us back next season by lettings us sweep them! It's only fair right? Oh what's that? They're not a bunch of pansies and actually play to win? What a novel idea.

LOL!!!!!! @ Your Sig that's the funniest thing I've seen on the net in min.

UCLA will never be better then USC...... silly Bruins fans

But to comment on the thread.. yea yea I know we're not showing our hand, we are practicing plays to see if they'll work in certain situations yada yada ...... goto sleep and let the REAL fans who actually Give a crap about this team discuss.

Edited by Sleepy27

We're doing better right now at anything that isn't football.

Everyone has a flaw. Ours is football. Yours is everything else.

Football is the only thing that matters. Tell Ol' Rick to make another claim to the newspaper hyping up this onesided "rivalry".

Good job on your swimming and gymnastic titles though that's what's up. This guy can't be real

Maybe it is homerism....maybe not. We'll find out in week 16, I guess.

Maybe not what?

Your whole argument is based on a inaccurate presumption you have; The Falcons are ALREADY giving it their all. You can't give more than your all.

If there is one thing that TD does with getting players is that he picks HIGH CHARACTER football players i.e. players who are highly motivated and give it their all on every play.

These aren't players who are known for their character issues. You might have a case if this was the Cowboys who are highly athletic but lack character; if anything, the Falcons are the antithesis of such a team.

Guest Negatorris

Wow, OP has a point.

I'd rather be in desperation mode towards the end of the season, like GB. They were scared of missing the post season, so they began stringing together wins at the end of the season and just never stopped.

Us on the other hand, we clinched a berth early and were lax in the last few games, cruising slowly into our bye. That hurt us rather than help us. I think this loss was for the better. We are set up to start a streak towards the end of the season and get hungry so we can make the playoffs.

Going into the playoffs hot is one way to win some games. We simply haven't had the need to. Maybe this is just what we needed. We go on a streak, beat the Saints in NO, and boost our morale going into the post season.

We were too focused on winning the division. We can still get in the playoffs in second place as a number 6 seed like NO last year, only we won't lose to a 7-9 team!

This was a heartbreaking loss, but I know we will bounce back. GO FALCONS!

Guest Negatorris

Also, Packers lost to the 7-9 Dolphins, 6-10 Redskins and 6-10 Lions. They were definitely f*cking up more than us, but they got their sh*t together. I just think this team is too smart to fall apart. Our chances may still be alive.

Maybe not what?

Your whole argument is based on a inaccurate presumption you have; The Falcons are ALREADY giving it their all. You can't give more than your all.

If there is one thing that TD does with getting players is that he picks HIGH CHARACTER football players i.e. players who are highly motivated and give it their all on every play.

These aren't players who are known for their character issues. You might have a case if this was the Cowboys who are highly athletic but lack character; if anything, the Falcons are the antithesis of such a team.

First, you're assuming that giving your all physically means giving your all mentally. The two could not be more separate. Look at this way...every team has the potential to be great. Every team has highly-tuned athletes, payroll to pay said players, and a fanbase to support said team. What makes that potential reality is the identity they choose and the motivation they find to win. Drive, talent, effort, attitude, motivation, or momentum aren't by themselves the magic ingredient to winning...but when put together at the right time...that's when winning happens. The team doesn't lack talent, drive, or effort....we just need a little more momentum, motivation, and attitude when the playoffs comes around. Losing this game can provide those

things we need to get there....that's all I was trying to say.

Because basketball doesn't count. Oh aight.

Nope...... stop lying to yourself Breh, You come on a Football forum with the Sig

UCLA > USC

Do you honestly think that (I mean I don't know of any other USC fans on here besides me) That you came to brag about your schools Basketball, Waterpolo etc etc succsess? laugh.png .

I don't care about ya'lls basketball titles how smart you gotta be to get in yada yada.. If you have to brag about that it's cause your football team sucks.

FACTS USC Football > UCLA football.

Because basketball doesn't count. Oh aight.

Nope...... stop lying to yourself Breh, You come on a Football forum with the Sig

UCLA > USC

Do you honestly think that (I mean I don't know of any other USC fans on here besides me) That you came to brag about your schools Basketball, Waterpolo etc etc succsess? laugh.png .

I don't care about ya'lls basketball titles how smart you gotta be to get in yada yada.. If you have to brag about that it's cause your football team sucks.

FACTS USC Football > UCLA football.

Well there is something to be said for this and like I've been saying too, we are playing for wildcard seed #2.

The sticking point is the one you made about us playing with our backs against the wall. Why is it when we are down by 10 late in the 4th that we could score at will and almost with ease but then when we're ahead we don't really put teams away or when, with yesterday's example, we go back to playing down to our opponant's after making a great comeback and getting the ball in overtime? My guess is our OC has absolutely no imagination and lacks any creativity.

On the positive side and although I do see us making the playoffs at 10-6, if we don't make the WC perhaps the blessing in disquise will be the firing of MM.

Celtik