It's All Part Of The Plan.....this Loss Today Pays Dividends Down The Road!

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury I present my argument for why this loss will pay dividends. The problems we had in the past two playoff appearances were: A) we ran into a buzzsaw SB team both times, B) we did not have much to fight for in weeks 16 and 17, and C) we simply weren't hungry enough.

The only way you become that buzzsaw is when you learn to throw caution to the wind and let the chips fall where they may. In other words, learn how to play out of you normal character, learn to step on a few throats, and play with some urgency. Today, I saw us do that in the 4th quarter. Getting Douglas involved late was something we sorely needed and I was glad to see Matt air it out a little. Today didn't pay off but we need to keep on doing this...we are going to need it to when January rolls around.

Today's loss and the week 3 loss to Tampa are both games we let slip away. Neither of those teams beat the snot out of us...they both simply stole one from us late because we let them. These losses should burn a fire in the bellies of all 53 players keep us amped up in weeks 16 and 17.

Which brings me to the hungry part...over these next weeks we need to realize that payback is in order and we now have to play with a chip on our shoulders to get that payback! We need to believe that we have beat Tampa and NO like they stole something from us...hopefully we can then focus that payback energy GB and/or Chicago, if we see them down the road. That will lead us to the promised land.....

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait so we let the Bucs and Saints beat us this year? Well **** me I thought we were actually trying to win the division. Hey maybe if we let them win the next two games they'll repay us back next season by lettings us sweep them! It's only fair right? Oh what's that? They're not a bunch of pansies and actually play to win? What a novel idea.

he has a good point. green bay had to fight to get into the playoffs last year

Also, since I knew it'd be brought up but forgot to address it - f*ck comparing us to GB. We are NOT the Packers. We are not on the level that team was at this point in the year. We have huge issues with consistency and offensive playcalling, and if they aren't addressed, we'll just have to add another loss to this regime's playoff record.

Also, since I knew it'd be brought up but forgot to address it - f*ck comparing us to GB. We are NOT the Packers. We are not on the level that team was at this point in the year. We have huge issues with consistency and offensive playcalling, and if they aren't addressed, we'll just have to add another loss to this regime's playoff record.

when did i compare us to the packers? i said maybe if we get in a must win situation well see our players play at the highest level

Never said we were GB...just simply that we need something at the end of the season to fight for and now we have have it. And for the resident Aint fan who replied, go over to your own board and start your own conversation. Your comments mean nothing here....

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury I present my argument for why this loss will pay dividends. The problems we had in the past two playoff appearances were: A) we ran into a buzzsaw SB team both times, cool.png we did not have much to fight for in weeks 16 and 17, and C) we simply weren't hungry enough.

The only way you become that buzzsaw is when you learn to throw caution to the wind and let the chips fall where they may. In other words, learn how to play out of you normal character, learn to step on a few throats, and play with some urgency. Today, I saw us do that in the 4th quarter. Getting Douglas involved late was something we sorely needed and I was glad to see Matt air it out a little. Today didn't pay off but we need to keep on doing this...we are going to need it to when January rolls around.

Today's loss and the week 3 loss to Tampa are both games we let slip away. Neither of those teams beat the snot out of us...they both simply stole one from us late because we let them. These losses should burn a fire in the bellies of all 53 players keep us amped up in weeks 16 and 17.

Which brings me to the hungry part...over these next weeks we need to realize that payback is in order and we now have to play with a chip on our shoulders to get that payback! We need to believe that we have beat Tampa and NO like they stole something from us...hopefully we can then focus that payback energy GB and/or Chicago, if we see them down the road. That will lead us to the promised land.....

Okay, let me see if I can follow the logic- losing in week 10 is good. Okay, yeah, alright let's go with that crock of ****. This way the fact that we missed an opportunity to take the lead in the division can be overlooked. Yeah, its always better to lose than win. I just iwsh the Saints had gone 0-16 the last 2 seasons. Could you imagine how good we'd be from all that losing.

This thread says losing is part of the plan, and anyone who agrees is part of that loser mentality. It's pathetic.

i dont agree with losing at all! i just thought that if our players get that must win mentality well reach our full potential. and if that means fighting to get into the playoffs then so be it(most likely this year for the wild card)