Great Call Coach Smith...you Have My Utmost Respect!

Dear Coach Smith,

In case you read these message boards I just want to say, "you going for it on 4 and inches was the right call". The play selection was not right. I respect what you were trying to do and understood why you did it. Ignore all the morons because most of them have no balls to do what you do everyday. Most people are so afraid of losing what they have that they are terrified of taking any risk. Many of the people complaining would be the same ones celebrating if we would have converted the 4th down and won the game.

-Falconsfaninfresno

All you kids and grown azz men who play Madden all day...Welcome to the real World!

The right call, what would that be? If we would have passed the ball and failed we would say: Why wont you run the ball!

if snelling or Quizz would have ran it everyone would have said: Why do you run it with someone else when we got turner. Stop crying and hope we get a wildcard spot.

I really don't have a problem with the decision to go for it, although it should not have come to that. The coaches knew we couldn't get much pressure on Brees and that they could just throw 3 15-20 yard passes to Colston or Graham in the middle of the field and kick a field goal. We proved that we couldn't make adjustments to stop that play several times in the second half.

Guest Negatorris

Maybe he gains respect if we were on the 50 yd line or our own territory. Smitty basically put us in a do or die situation that was not that dire. Our defense could have stopped them. Why try to be gutsy? Even if we did convert would we go down the length of the field? He took a dumb gamble and should know so.

The right call, what would that be? If we would have passed the ball and failed we would say: Why wont you run the ball!

if snelling or Quizz would have ran it everyone would have said: Why do you run it with someone else when we got turner. Stop crying and hope we get a wildcard spot.

A QB sneak. Obviously.

Iffy decision and TERRIBLE play-call.

Huh?

You do realize we lost?

Madden? That is exactly the type of call people make on Madden.

Name another time in THE HISTORY OF THE NFL that call has been made.

It was a stupid decision and we all know it.

Schmitty panicked. His act is getting old. He should be fired.

What is "we", troll? You've already admitted you're not a Falcons fan in other threads....

Dear Coach Smith,

In case you read these message boards I just want to say, "you going for it on 4 and inches was the right call". The play selection was not right. I respect what you were trying to do and understood why you did it. Ignore all the morons because most of them have no balls to do what you do everyday. Most people are so afraid of losing what they have that they are terrified of taking any risk. Many of the people complaining would be the same ones celebrating if we would have converted the 4th down and won the game.

-Falconsfaninfresno

All you kids and grown azz men who play Madden all day...Welcome to the real World!

i am with u on going 4 it on 4th and the play call was incorrect i had confidence untill i saw our qb hand the ball off with all those d line players breathing down thier necks. fake the hand off roll out short pass or just qb sneak

I disagree, Coach Smith screwed you guys, Im not sure it would have amounted to a win but it would have put you guys in a better position in the game and probably had us trailing for a while.

Smitty made the right decision and it just didn't work out. He knew his defense was tired and had no luck getting to Brees all game long so he made a risk/reward call that didn't work out. We shouldn't have even been in that position (Julio and Roddy dropping passes in the end zone and Bryant missing his first field goal on the year) in the first place but we have plenty of football yet to play.

Dear Coach Smith,

-Falconsfaninfresno

Dude it took balls to do that- I respect Mike a little for that too. He didn't lose for lack of trying to win.

See you guys in Dec!

Wasn't there a similar situation a few years ago at the Super Dome where Falcons were behind with a few minutes to go and had a 4th and 3 and elected to punt? The Saints got a few first downs and Falcons never got the ball again. We'd converted a few 4th downs today which

led to points but obviously went to the well one time too many...