Which Team Would Be Worse Off Without Their Starting Qb: Saints Or Falcons?

BankerBird™

Ummm I believe I came back to that thread, but I guess you didn't even look to check. Anyway if you seen what I posted afterward I acknowledged that you are great with stats and info. Really its quite informative being that I don't have the time to look up the stats myself. I'm more of a within the moment type of person, and the last time I checked both the Saints and Falcons have the same amount of losses meaning whoever wins this game Sunday will be in first place. The fuuny thing is even if we won the game, the Saints would probably still have better stats than the Falcons. It really wouldn't matter though.

It actually would matter, because even if Falcons win, if Saints win the next game and they split series, it those Stats such as wins over Bears, Texans (if Falcons lose to them), and maybe Bucs that would be a tiebreaker for winner of division. Right now, Saints have win over common opponents, so if we split our games against each other, and both teams win out the rest of their schedules, Saints win the division with tiebreaker.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It actually would matter, because even if Falcons win, if Saints win the next game and they split series, it those Stats such as wins over Bears, Texans (if Falcons lose to them), and maybe Bucs that would be a tiebreaker for winner of division. Right now, Saints have win over common opponents, so if we split our games against each other, and both teams win out the rest of their schedules, Saints win the division with tiebreaker.

What if Saints lose to Lions?

Chicago won the division last year, but I understand why winning the division is so important to you. You don't want to get Seahawk'd again. Its understandable.

You can't use different games to compare teams. That's just dumb. Ok I'll make you a deal. Everytime you mention the Saints almost beating the Pack and still losing, i'll raise you a Saints team facing a winless team and still......um.. losing. If your team is so great and the only one that could beat the Pack why did they let the winless rams whoooooop that azz?

Edit: How could you confuse a guy that said the thing about europeans with the guy that's been running you out of every thread you've been in?

You like last year when they were one of the only teams to lose to Cardinals, but then came to GA Dome, faced a previous undefeated team, playing the best football possibly of franchise history and dealt a solid loss where Turner was held to 48 yards and offense to 7 points? You're right how could that happen!?

That's a lot of IFs there homie. All I'm asking is what will it matter after Sunday? Will you be happy with a morale victory even though your team lost? I mean if the Falcons put up big numbers stat wise against the Saints and loss this Sunday I would be pissed. I just want the win.

What if Saints lose to Lions?

Then at that point we still have a better common opponent record pending the second meeting with Bucs. They have an entire half of season to whip Haynesworth into Turner run stuffing shape. Aside from that we both still have to face Vikings and Tennessee. Also, the Falcons need to beat Jaguars., they have a top 5 defense and stopped the run heavy Ravens team on MNF

That's a lot of IFs there homie. All I'm asking is what will it matter after Sunday? Will you be happy with a morale victory even though your team lost? I mean if the Falcons put up big numbers stat wise against the Saints and loss this Sunday I would be pissed. I just want the win.

+1000. I never suggested anything other than this, but until the teams meet, the only real way to talk about what will likely happen is to base it on the performance thus far, and that is basically stats.

Then at that point we still have a better common opponent record pending the second meeting with Bucs. They have an entire half of season to whip Haynesworth into Turner run stuffing shape. Aside from that we both still have to face Vikings and Tennessee. Also, the Falcons need to beat Jaguars., they have a top 5 defense and stopped the run heavy Ravens team on MNF

With all that said, its good to be in this position, this makes this rilvary that much better.

Big A. Are you going to answer my question? If the Saints lose to the Falcons, but put up big numbers stat wise are you going to go running around slapping high fives with fellow Saints fans because your team won the statistical battle? I'm just saying.....

You like last year when they were one of the only teams to lose to Cardinals, but then came to GA Dome, faced a previous undefeated team, playing the best football possibly of franchise history and dealt a solid loss where Turner was held to 48 yards and offense to 7 points? You're right how could that happen!?

Mr. If you take out, Whut?!? relax, breathe then type clearly. Me what? Who lost to the cardinals? Are you trying to compare losing to Green Bay the superbowl champions to losing to the sea hawks? Or you trying to compare losing to Green Bay to losing to the winless Rams. I've got you so confused you're confusing me.

Depends if the saints win can you post a thread titled "we loss the game, be ause we didn't want to show our hand for the next game"?

Big A. Are you going to answer my question? If the Saints lose to the Falcons, but put up big numbers stat wise are you going to go running around slapping high fives with fellow Saints fans because your team won the statistical battle? I'm just saying.....

**** I type slow! Lol!

I'm on my iPad so I get to use more than one finger. Lol. It's cool, at the end of the day we are same, people passionate about our teams, they just happen to be different teams!

Yeah, they did, but, considering that Ray Rice had only 8 carries (I think) can you really say that the Jags "stopped" the Ravens run game? The Ravens helped the Jags out in that regard, because they barely used Rice that game, which is why Terrell Suggs was so pissed after that game.

+1000. I never suggested anything other than this, but until the teams meet, the only real way to talk about what will likely happen is to base it on the performance thus far, and that is basically stats.

This thread isn't about what likely would happen in a game between us. Its about Chase Daniels 2/3 16 yards 0 TD's coming in if Drew Brees went down vs Chris Redman 268/473 with 23 TD's coming in if Matt Ryan went down.

How's that for stat's? Seriously do you think Daniels can be up to Brees' level?

I think you missing something.

You weren't beat by the SB champions. You were anally raped in 3 quarters by the potential champions in your own dome after an extra week of rest.

Mr. If you take out, Whut?!? relax, breathe then type clearly. Me what? Who lost to the cardinals? Are you trying to compare losing to Green Bay the superbowl champions to losing to the sea hawks? Or you trying to compare losing to Green Bay to losing to the winless Rams. I've got you so confused you're confusing me.

I think you missing something.

You weren't beat by the SB champions. You were anally raped in 3 quarters by the potential champions in your own dome after an extra week of rest.

Ok. Fine we wern't beat by the SB champions. You were beat by the first ever 7-9 losing season team ever. And if you want the defintion of rape just ask Tracy Porter how he feels about Marshawn Lynch, I mean after one man raped the entire and I mean entire NO defense by himself and then held the tool of destruction in your face while going across the goal line. Yeah i'm ok with losing to the potential SB champions.

Yeah, they did, but, considering that Ray Rice had only 8 carries (I think) can you really say that the Jags "stopped" the Ravens run game? The Ravens helped the Jags out in that regard, because they barely used Rice that game, which is why Terrell Suggs was so pissed after that game.

Remember why they took him out after the Jags defense kept making him to fumble. They are very stout against the run. Either way should still be a win for Falcons, but will be much harder game than expected which always has a chance to go either way.

Ok. Fine we wern't beat by the SB champions. You were beat by the first ever 7-9 losing season team ever. And if you want the defintion of rape just ask Tracy Porter how he feels about Marshawn Lynch, I mean after one man raped the entire and I mean entire NO defense by himself and then held the tool of destruction in your face while going across the goal line. Yeah i'm ok with losing to the potential SB champions.

Not to mention they were the reigning champs.....