Which Team Would Be Worse Off Without Their Starting Qb: Saints Or Falcons?

BankerBird™

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if backups their only play is preseason, what else is thee to discuss, his 3 passes last year where he complete 2 for 16 yards and rated 79.9?

Redman has actually attempted 473 passes in the regular season over the years and filled in for parts of a season while the starting QB was out. Redman's not great but he is a pretty good stop gap QB with a long history. With Chase Daniel against a starting defense for an entire game nobody knows yet.

Don't know what you are getting at, this is a direct comparison of our backup QB and our running game versus your starting QB and run game in the same exact situation against the very same team. How else better to support the arguments than testing the exact situation that was the topic of conversation. With Backup QB, Saints were still able to score points with run game, Falcons with starters and using just run game werent even able to extend drives.

A 16 game season with Redman or Daniel as our respective back-ups wouldn't face the Colts week in and week out. Yes, you guys scored 62 on the Colts and we only scored 31. But we both won. That's what we are arguing. Not the points but the wins. I see Daniel as a Colt McCoy type and Redman like a Matt Hasselback type. Fair comparisons?

In Payton's offense, he needs elite decision making, which Brees provides, or the offense will struggle. We see it when Brees throws 22 INTs then loses to the Seahawks in the playoffs. Ryan isn't elite yet, so it wouldn't hurt us as much because we still lean on the power running of Turner. You guys lean solely on Brees with the running game to pick up the change.

You know what's funnier. Every team that has beat the colts this season has loss the following game.

You know what was an EPIC FAIL? When the Saints went into STL the following week and........ well u know the rest. I would like to personally thank the Saints for opening the door for our team to take over the division due to their EPIC FAIL of a performance against the winless Rams. If we win the division, the Saints will be kicking themselves over that loss. I LOVE SAINTS v. FALCONS week. Its the best!

Both teams would be sunk. Redmon has some experience, but he could only compete with other subpar teams. I don't even know who the Saints backup is.

This is so classic of many people here, he gives an opinion about the Saints success with a backup by saying. "both teams would be sunk", but then in next sentence admits he doesn't even know who the Saints backup is!

So basically he doesn't know anything about the Saints backup or how they have played with backup QB playing, yet with absolutely no knowledge about subject is more than comfortable to predict how the situation will come to fruition. JUST EPIC!

There is a direct comparison for this, chase Daniel came in for 3 drives with just run game at end of Colts game and ended with 21 points, Ryan and the rest of their starter ran almost every play of last 3 drives against Colts and ended with "0" points!! What more direct comparison could you make than that, the same team two weeks apart running essentially the same plays, Starters on one side, Backup QB with starter RBs on other side.

EPIC FAIL

Mr. if you take out, First off i'd like to say, that i'm proud of you because you didn't have to take out any stat to make your point. But then again you did because Daniels even playing in that game, didn't throw a single pass. Matter of fact Chase Daniels doesn't have any stats this year. Handing off the ball every play against Indianapolis isn't impressive.

Don't know what you are getting at, this is a direct comparison of our backup QB and our running game versus your starting QB and run game in the same exact situation against the very same team. How else better to support the arguments than testing the exact situation that was the topic of conversation. With Backup QB, Saints were still able to score points with run game, Falcons with starters and using just run game werent even able to extend drives.

We havn't lost to either a winless team or a 7-9 team in the playoff's. Fact.

You know what was an EPIC FAIL? When the Saints went into STL the following week and........ well u know the rest. I would like to personally thank the Saints for opening the door for our team to take over the division due to their EPIC FAIL of a performance against the winless Rams. If we win the division, the Saints will be kicking themselves over that loss. I LOVE SAINTS v. FALCONS week. Its the best!

You know what is an EPIC FAIL, I continually school you on knowledge about your team and you disappear like a "ninja vanish" as you look like you know absolutely nothing but the most basic info and repeating other people's opinions.

You know how I know you don't know anything, you come into a thread with factual conversation about backup QBs, and use the same lame "Rams beat you" line you have been using all week. Let me guess, your only other contribution is coming, "what about Seattle and Lynch run?"

Ok, now that I took all your material, run along now and come back when you learn something new. I was waiting to hear your response to the articles linking Julio Jones to T-Town scandal I posted 30 seconds after you said it wasn't true!? You did a "ninja vanish" as you called it!?

We havn't lost to either a winless team or a 7-9 team in the playoff's. Fact.

Oh no Dizzy, itstorm2 stole your only other line, whatever will you say now? Lol

I will be here I am not the one here claiming a blowout like half the threads on this message board. I hope you return the following Wednesday when this board is back online to eat your crow of the Falcons lose.

Well since you can see into the future, I hope you will come back to eat your crow if the Saints lose. I mean heck, I guess they shouldn't even play the game on Sunday if we already loss...... oh wait, we didn't. SMH

You know what's funnier. Every team that has beat the colts this season has loss the following game.

No. Houston beat INDY then beat CLE. Missed attempt at trying to justify losing to the Rams.

Edit: Then CLE beat MIA after beating IND.

Edit #2: KC beat INDY, then OAK, then SD.

Edit #3: CIN beat IND, then SEA, then TEN.

Should I stop?

Edited by vel

This guy.

I had a dream last night that Brees got hurt on a blitz from Spoon. Im not saying I want this to happen. ph34r.png It was just a dream! Id think the Saints would be worse off though. Like it was stated above, weve got some superstars who could ride us to 7/9 pretty easy.

You know what is an EPIC FAIL, I continually school you on knowledge about your team and you disappear like a "ninja vanish" as you look like you know absolutely nothing but the most basic info and repeating other people's opinions.

You know how I know you don't know anything, you come into a thread with factual conversation about backup QBs, and use the same lame "Rams beat you" line you have been using all week. Let me guess, your only other contribution is coming, "what about Seattle and Lynch run?"

Ok, now that I took all your material, run along now and come back when you learn something new. I was waiting to hear your response to the articles linking Julio Jones to T-Town scandal I posted 30 seconds after you said it wasn't true!? You did a "ninja vanish" as you called it!?

Ummm I believe I came back to that thread, but I guess you didn't even look to check. Anyway if you seen what I posted afterward I acknowledged that you are great with stats and info. Really its quite informative being that I don't have the time to look up the stats myself. I'm more of a within the moment type of person, and the last time I checked both the Saints and Falcons have the same amount of losses meaning whoever wins this game Sunday will be in first place. The fuuny thing is even if we won the game, the Saints would probably still have better stats than the Falcons. It really wouldn't matter though.

Mr. if you take out, First off i'd like to say, that i'm proud of you because you didn't have to take out any stat to make your point. But then again you did because Daniels even playing in that game, didn't throw a single pass. Matter of fact Chase Daniels doesn't have any stats this year. Handing off the ball every play against Indianapolis isn't impressive.

That's the same thing Ryan was doing those last 3 drives, handing off, the difference was that against the same team at same time in game, one run game was able to move the ball, the other wasn't.

As for your other comment, when i said Saints were a turnover away from beating Packers is a viable argument when the subject was who has a better chance to beat Packers, one team was a turnover or a 4th and 1 from it and the other team shut down after 2 offensive drives. So in a discussion of who of both losses was closer to winning, then what needed to change to win next time is the only way to discuss that! That's just basic common sense.

Hey, weren't you the guy that thinks every European is relative of a Duke or royalty? That was another epic post!

Ummm I believe I came back to that thread, but I guess you didn't even look to check. Anyway if you seen what I posted afterward I acknowledged that you are great with stats and info. Really its quite informative being that I don't have the time to look up the stats myself. I'm more of a within the moment type of person, and the last time I checked both the Saints and Falcons have the same amount of losses meaning whoever wins this game Sunday will be in first place. The fuuny thing is even if we won the game, the Saints would probably still have better stats than the Falcons. It really wouldn't matter though.

Then say how we lucked up......rolleyes.gif

Mr. if you take out. So basically you're saying the Saints would be better off because Chase Daniels went 12 for 12 on handoff's? Redmon has won games in the nfl. Daniels has completed 2 out of 3 passes in his career. You better pray a long good prayer that Brees doesn't miss time.

Oh no Dizzy, itstorm2 stole your only other line, whatever will you say now? Lol

Sorry Big A. I must admit I can't type that fast, I don't have an office job where I'm at a computer all the time. I'm a index finger typer. Lol. Anyways I like your passion for your team, I mean I already have these back and forth debates with family members being that I'm from New Orleans and all.

That's the same thing Ryan was doing those last 3 drives, handing off, the difference was that against the same team at same time in game, one run game was able to move the ball, the other wasn't.

As for your other comment, when i said Saints were a turnover away from beating Packers is a viable argument when the subject was who has a better chance to beat Packers, one team was a turnover or a 4th and 1 from it and the other team shut down after 2 offensive drives. So in a discussion of who of both losses was closer to winning, then what needed to change to win next time is the only way to discuss that! That's just basic common sense.

Hey, weren't you the guy that thinks every European is relative of a Duke or royalty? That was another epic post!

You can't use different games to compare teams. That's just dumb. Ok I'll make you a deal. Everytime you mention the Saints almost beating the Pack and still losing, i'll raise you a Saints team facing a winless team and still......um.. losing. If your team is so great and the only one that could beat the Pack why did they let the winless rams whoooooop that azz?

Edit: How could you confuse a guy that said the thing about europeans with the guy that's been running you out of every thread you've been in?

Edited by ltstorm2