Lets Compare The Two Qbs In This Weeks Atl-No Game, Today And At Similar Points In Their Careers

falconidae

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have to disagree. In Ryan's first year as a starter, he inherited a Pro Bowl caliber WR and a RB that ran for 1700 yards and 17 TDs. That isn't what I'd call a #$%^ty situation. That's just ridiculous.

Yes Rodgers sat behind for Favre for 3 years, but its well documented that the two didn't get along. It benefitted Rodgers to learn the offense and perfect his mechanics with Mike McCarthy but he was thrust into a horrible situation when they traded Favre. Its much easier to replace a guy who was perceived as being a horrible human being (Vick) than replacing a highly-regarded HOF player like Favre. Rodgers had a lot of pressure on his shoulders that first year as a starter. If he faltered, the entire organization including himself would have looked like fools. He came out threw for 4000 yds, 28 TDs, and 13 INTs.

Just think about it. Matt Ryan was replacing a guy that was thrown in prison for dog-fighting. Aaron Rodgers took over one of the most polarizing and highly regarded players in NFL history. Rodgers was under much more pressure immediately to perform. Rodgers had the #$%^ty situation not Ryan. The Falcons were not a horrible team Ryan's rookie year. It was far from the situation you describe.

Way to point out 2 postions, really two people. Outside Roddy who was on the outside? Love how you forgot about the o line, d line, linebackers, and secondary.

If that's the case you can't compare brees and Ryan. Two different teams...

How do you figure? They were saying that the ravens and jets are similar situations; when in all actuality it is very different. MR and Brees had about the same caliber offense around them to start their carrers.

Bree's first two seasons he had LT then got gates, and I'm his 3rd got Jackson.

Ryan had Turner, and white to start off. Second season had gonzo.

If you can compare the two then Flacco is better than Ryan. Their stats are very similar.

How do you figure? They were saying that the ravens and jets are similar situations; when in all actuality it is very different. MR and Brees had about the same caliber offense around them to start their carrers.

Bree's first two seasons he had LT then got gates, and I'm his 3rd got Jackson.

Ryan had Turner, and white to start off. Second season had gonzo.

If you can compare the two then Flacco is better than Ryan. Their stats are very similar.

How are you going to agree with me then start talking about Flacco. Anyways, name me 3-4 first ballot hall of famers on the falcons defense, or a HOF defensive mind. Sure MR makes some mistakes and everything, but the defense sure is not winning any games for him either. Go back and look at the Ravens VS Jets game from this year a total of 30+ points were scored by the defenses.

Flacco and Matt are the same. They are game managers limit mistakes. Flacco has thrown for over 300 quite a few times in his career. I can cout on one hand the number of times Matt has.

I am not afraid to admit anything. Ryan has a better career than brees starting off, so has Flacco. That means to me Flacco is the better QB starting off his career.

How are you going to agree with me then start talking about Flacco. Anyways, name me 3-4 first ballot hall of famers on the falcons defense, or a HOF defensive mind. Sure MR makes some mistakes and everything, but the defense sure is not winning any games for him either. Go back and look at the Ravens VS Jets game from this year a total of 30+ points were scored by the defenses.

Edited by Laugher

Flacco and Matt are the same. They are game managers limit mistakes. Flacco has thrown for over 300 quite a few times in his career. I can cout on one hand the number of times Matt has.

Way to dance around the questions asked, so that you can try and make your point. We were not talking about Flacco, nor talking about game managing. You still, nor never will be able to name 3-4 HOF players on the Falcons d that are first ballot.

WTF does 300 yard games mean to you stat groupies? Didn't Drew throw for 500+ in a loss? Joe Flacco threw for 300+ yards against Houston without throwing a single touchdown and the Ravens scored 29 points

Way to dance around the questions asked, so that you can try and make your point. We were not talking about Flacco, nor talking about game managing. You still, nor never will be able to name 3-4 HOF players on the Falcons d that are first ballot.

you won't name 5 pro bowlers, one of which is the best player ever at his position, on flaccos offense either.

How does that matter? I can't name 3 on the saints either. I don't claim like half the falcon fans here that my team is full of stud players.

Defense are not Flacco is still putting up the same numbers as Ryan.

Everyone knew he was a good rb. Your team wouldn't have paid him a **** load ofomey if they didn't think so.

So there is no such thing as a free agent bust? He was an unproven back-up...nothing more nothing less. We paid Dunta Robinson a lot of money too..ask our fans how they feel about that

By your logic you could stick any QB in the falcons uniform and get the same production. If Matt Ryan is this great QB where are the SB's? Where are these HOF numbers. Where are all these records?

Well since this is comparing them in similar points in their career, Brees was still a Charger in year 4. He hadn't won a Superbowl hadn't won a playoff game and the Chargers drafted a QB to replace him.

Comparing an 11 year guy to a 4 year guy isn't quite fair even when most people say Brees is a better QB. Brees hadn't won a Superbowl until his 9th year in the league which gives Ryan has a good 5 years to win one.

Whose comparing them?

I said Matt Ryan started his career off better than Brees so did Flacco. With that being said Flacco is better QB to come out of his and Ryan's draft class.

Well since this is comparing them in similar points in their career, Brees was still a Charger in year 4. He hadn't won a Superbowl hadn't won a playoff game and the Chargers drafted a QB to replace him.

Comparing an 11 year guy to a 4 year guy isn't quite fair even when most people say Brees is a better QB. Brees hadn't won a Superbowl until his 9th year in the league which gives Ryan has a good 5 years to win one.

Yes yes, I got it now. We have to wait 7 more years until Ryan breaks out, throws 350 yards in a game, throws several 4TD games, and throws over 4000 yards in a season. So be patient.

Well to be honest, yeah it's possible we have to wait that long for consistant 350 yard games 4 touchdown games and 4000 yard seasons. He might not ever throw those type numbers consistantly.

The thing is he doesn't have to, to win multiple playoff games and/or Superbowls. Ryan is a victim of his own success as a rookie. He did so well as a rookie that people expect him to be like Manning or Brees already.

Mark Sanchez has been in the AFC Championship game the last two years in a row. Here are his stats for the last two years.

2009 - 196/364 53.8% 2444 yards 6.7 AVG 12 TD's 20 INT's

2010 - 278/507 54.8% 3291 yards 6.5 AVG 17 TD's 13 INT's

In 2010 Mark Sanchez who was in the AFC Championship game never threw more than wait for it.

336 Yards!!!!!!! and avg'd a whopping 205 YPG!!!

In 2009, Mark Sanchez was also in the AFC Championship game. In 2009 Sanchez never threw for more than, I won't make you wait this time. 272 Yards!!!!

So I guess you're right, because Ryan doesn't consistantly throw for 4000 yards and 350 Yards a game each and every game, we will absolutey not ever no way possible ever win a playoff game and definately not a Superbowl with this Matt Ryan as QB because he is the sole problem on this team.

Whose comparing them?

I said Matt Ryan started his career off better than Brees so did Flacco.

You didn't compare them? Ok how exactly did you come to the idea that Ryan started his career off better than Brees? Without comparing their numbers or watch them on film how did you say Matt Ryan started his career off better. Isn't that what comparing is?

By the person who started the thread posted the stats come on man read. If you are saying you can compare those two QB's you can compare Flacco and Ryan.

You didn't compare them? Ok how exactly did you come to the idea that Ryan started his career off better than Brees? Without comparing their numbers or watch them on film how did you say Matt Ryan started his career off better. Isn't that what comparing is?

By the person who started the thread posted the stats come on man read. If you are saying you can compare those two QB's you can compare Flacco and Ryan.

You keep missing the point I was making- YOU said I couldn't compare the two, then went on to compare Ryan to other QBs.

It's obvious I thought we could compare the two.

You can compare them and by your comparison you are correct, but by my comparison Flacco is better than Ryan. Who cares whose defense is better Flacco's numbers are almost identical to Ryan's. If Ryan's so good his number should blow Flacco's out the water.

I don't see you mention the chargers defense when brees was with the them why do they only matter when you compare Flacco and Ryan?

You keep missing the point I was making- YOU said I couldn't compare the two, then went on to compare Ryan to other QBs.

It's obvious I thought we could compare the two.