How Big Should Ryan's Next Contract Be?

How much should Ryan be paid on his next contract?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. How much should Ryan be paid on his next contract?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think he will make about what he makes now. Knowing the kind of person Matt seems to be he may even take a little less if it means getting players to make the team better. JMO

I agree. I don't think he and his agent will push for top 5 QB money, but AB may love him so much that he gives him that anyway.

I agree. I don't think he and his agent will push for top 5 QB money, but AB may love him so much that he gives him that anyway.

So where was this modesty on draft day? He took a contract paying him more than many far superior qbs were making? They are going to push for big bucks because they know Ryan is one shoulder surgery from fully completing his transformation into Chad Pennington.

I'm still very surprised that only 4 people voted for less than $5M. Must be a lot of Ryan fans on these boards.

What you four guys do on these boards 24/7 is called Obsessive Thinking Disorder, similar to OCD.

But it could be celebriphilia its right up their with connotation, beyond infatuation for MR.

Assuming Ryan gets a contract extension, how much should he get paid? Think very carefully because this may or may not be a trick question.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer: If your answer was anything other than "Less than $5M a Year," you are a fan of Ryan and not of the team. If you liked the team, you'd want us to be able to sign players for as little as possible.

No vote here... I don't have control over what and how much Falcon players get paid.

Maybe you should send a personal message to Thomas Dimitroff, Rich McKay, and Arthur Blank, their "vote" holds much more weight.

So where was this modesty on draft day? He took a contract paying him more than many far superior qbs were making? They are going to push for big bucks because they know Ryan is one shoulder surgery from fully completing his transformation into Chad Pennington.

Yeah, like you don't know that the rookies pre wage scale were paid based on draft selection. It had waaaaay more to do with position of the draft pick than his agent. Or didn't you know that?

Yeah, like you don't know that the rookies pre wage scale were paid based on draft selection. It had waaaaay more to do with position of the draft pick than his agent. Or didn't you know that?

Give up man...when you try to talk logic to this guy, all he hears is "blah blah blah, Ryan sucks...blah blah blah, Ryan has a noodle arm." He can't be reasoned with. If only the ignore feature hid the quoted posts from the guys i have ignored.

So where was this modesty on draft day? He took a contract paying him more than many far superior qbs were making?

If your boss came over to you one day and said, you've done ok as the fry cook here, I'm going to let you start flipping burgers tomorrow. And I'm going to give you the big bucks, even though I know you can't flip 'em as good as Bubba over there, but you'll still get paid $5.50 an hour which is more than I'm paying Bubba. Are you going to turn it down?

If your boss came over to you one day and said, you've done ok as the fry cook here, I'm going to let you start flipping burgers tomorrow. And I'm going to give you the big bucks, even though I know you can't flip 'em as good as Bubba over there, but you'll still get paid $5.50 an hour which is more than I'm paying Bubba. Are you going to turn it down?

I'm not blaming him. I never said that he was wrong for taking the money. Folks are acting like he's some aw shucks good ole boy thats going to sign a team friendly discounted contract, as if he's above taking a ridiculous amount of money. I wasn't knocking ryan, just the naivity of the poster's claim.