Hba 2012 Mock Draft V.1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

New Chargers LT Jared Gaither has yet to allow a sack in three starts.

Gaither shut out a red-hot Terrell Suggs, getting a bit of vengeance against his former team Sunday night. Freely available on waivers after riding the pine in Kansas City, Gaither's insertion on Philip Rivers' blindside has helped spark the Bolts' recent resurgence.

https://twitter.com/#!/mgehlken/statuses/148879258524192769

I hope they don't sign to a long term deal!

we don't need an OT with a messed up back.

By the beginning of next season he would not have been injured in a year and a half what make you think his bad is jacked up? If we never look at players who has never had a injury we don't have Abe, Hayden, Peterson or Moore?

Edited by head busta from augusta

By the beginning of next season he would not have been injured in a year and a half what make you think his bad is jacked up? If we never look at players who has never had a injury we don't have Abe, Hayden, Peterson or Moore?

this is not your average injury.

rotoworld.com

"after failing physicals with the Raiders presumably because of back injuries. He didn't play a single down last year, so this has the look of a long-term problem."

there is a reason he was on the market so long and there is a reason he didn't play at all in KC.

this is not your average injury.

rotoworld.com

"after failing physicals with the Raiders presumably because of back injuries. He didn't play a single down last year, so this has the look of a long-term problem."

there is a reason he was on the market so long and there is a reason he didn't play at all in KC.

A couple of things I am a little confused about in your quote:

He has played in every game this year, started the last three, and the the those three starts hasn't allow a sack going up against two very good pass rushing teams. He was signed on Aug 11th and free agency did not start until July 27th he was on the market for about 2 weeks? Your quote is the Raiders did not sign him, "the Raiders"? When was the last time they made a smart business decision? This is the same team that let one of the best CB in the league walk for 60 million and sign his backup 54.5 million contract? That's not a source I would quote too often if I was you.

http://www.nfl.com/player/jaredgaither/2507311/profile

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4497/jared-gaither

A couple of things I am a little confused about in your quote:

He has played in every game this year, started the last three, and the the those three starts hasn't allow a sack going up against two very good pass rushing teams. He was signed on Aug 11th and free agency did not start until July 27th he was on the market for about 2 weeks? Your quote is the Raiders did not sign him, "the Raiders"? When was the last time they made a smart business decision? This is the same team that let one of the best CB in the league walk for 60 million and sign his backup 54.5 million contract? That's not a source I would quote too often if I was you.

http://www.nfl.com/p...2507311/profile

http://rotoworld.com...7/jared-gaither

It was saying every game last year (2010)

it's nothing to do with a smart business decision and everything to do with an NFL team being concerned enough in his back that they wouldn't sign him.

Also in KC he was a backup. He played one play and it was a false start on his behalf.

Edited by Kennesaw77

It was saying every game last year (2010)

it's nothing to do with a smart business decision and everything to do with an NFL team being concerned enough in his back that they wouldn't sign him.

Also in KC he was a backup. He played one play and it was a false start on his behalf.

I don't think you understand, Gaither in 32 starts has only given up 9.5 sacks. That is on pace with some of the best LT in the game. Joe Thomas 79 starts 22 sacks, Jake Long 62 starts 19 sacks.

In Gaither las 4 starts zero sacks! What ever issues he may have had are a thing of the past! This guy is arguable top 5 LT in the game right now! Sign him and draft a stud right guard someone like Kevin Zeithler and our line wins games!

Gaither is a bit of a gamble. Bell the OT from Buffalo could be a good LT pick up but he has injury concerns. I really would love to get one of these guys in FA Finnegan, Avril, Nicks, Grubbs.

One of them would be great. If we grab Avril we may not even have to resign Abraham (don't see that happening).

There's just hardly any LT out there in FA or the Draft. I would like to get Zeitler the OG but if we can nab Grubbs or Nicks we would be good at G for a long time. Potter and Barclay are the only ones that come to mind and guys outside the first who could be a LT

I would love to find a way to grab Curry and/or Wolfe. Wolfe really reminds me of a TD guy and is a beast of a DT

Bell has only played over 8 games in one season in his 4 season career to me that is much more of a gamble than a guy who has only one injury. And I would much rather draft a OG much cheaper than sign one to a ridiculous amount of money, especial at the RG position!

They both gambles either way you look at it. It's also a gamble to hope a 2nd round rookie would solve our RG spot instead of signing a sure player.

They both gambles either way you look at it. It's also a gamble to hope a 2nd round rookie would solve our RG spot instead of signing a sure player.

If we was to take that outlook why draft anyone, they all could be a bust! Zeithler is senior OG in the draft from a school that historically develops oline. It's a less gamble drafting him paying about 800,000 than to draft Nicks or anyone else for 5-6 million for the easiest position on the oline! I'm looking at the return on the investment!

If we was to take that outlook why draft anyone, they all could be a bust! Zeithler is senior OG in the draft from a school that historically develops oline. It's a less gamble drafting him paying about 800,000 than to draft Nicks or anyone else for 5-6 million for the easiest position on the oline! I'm looking at the return on the investment!

Never said I didn't like Zietler but remember we also have drafted two OG in Johnson and Hawley. I would like Zietler but we don't know what we have in Johnson. He was highly touted coming out of College, similar to Zietler. I wouldn't mind either but Nicks > any rookie. I also just don't want to dismiss Johnson, I believe he could be good. The OL needs to be fixed though. Badly Edited by A-TowN.-

Never said I didn't like Zietler but remember we also have drafted two OG in Johnson and Hawley. I would like Zietler but we don't know what we have in Johnson. He was highly touted coming out of College, similar to Zietler. I wouldn't mind either but Nicks > any rookie. I also just don't want to dismiss Johnson, I believe he could be good. The OL needs to be fixed though. Badly

Just so I make sure I am understanding you, you want to resign Lofton, Grime and our depth players. Then you want to sign Nicks to a max contract. We might has well resign Dahl if that was the case. What is going to happen when we have all this money tied up in ol in 2013 when Moore is a fa?

Just so I make sure I am understanding you, you want to resign Lofton, Grime and our depth players. Then you want to sign Nicks to a max contract. We might has well resign Dahl if that was the case. What is going to happen when we have all this money tied up in ol in 2013 when Moore is a fa?

I know it's unlikely. I only stated I wish it could happen because I know it's unlikely. If we didn't have so many key players to resign then I would be pressing to sign him. If we were able to grab him and we did, you know you would be happy he was starting instead of an unproven rookie.

I don't think you understand, Gaither in 32 starts has only given up 9.5 sacks. That is on pace with some of the best LT in the game. Joe Thomas 79 starts 22 sacks, Jake Long 62 starts 19 sacks.

In Gaither las 4 starts zero sacks! What ever issues he may have had are a thing of the past! This guy is arguable top 5 LT in the game right now! Sign him and draft a stud right guard someone like Kevin Zeithler and our line wins games!

and that's great if his back injury is truly behind him. I'm not a Doc nor am I going to pretend to be one. Our medical staff would definitely have to pass him. What good is a great LT if he isn't on the field?

and that's great if his back injury is truly behind him. I'm not a Doc nor am I going to pretend to be one. Our medical staff would definitely have to pass him. What good is a great LT if he isn't on the field?

I agree but he has played every game this year with no signs of set backs which is more than we can say about Bell. What more can the guy do, in the last five game the guy has been one best LT in the league!

I agree but he has played every game this year with no signs of set backs which is more than we can say about Bell. What more can the guy do, in the last five game the guy has been one best LT in the league!

He hasn't played in every game this year. He has played in 5. My understanding is the others he was a backup in KC who played one play and was flagged for a false start.

He hasn't played in every game this year. He has played in 5. My understanding is the others he was a backup in KC who played one play and was flagged for a false start.

NFL and Washington post has him playing 10 games with KC and 5 games with San Diego, you can't get much more creditable than that.

http://www.nfl.com/player/jaredgaither/2507311/profile

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=8516&team=24