Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Capitalist

Gulch (Lot A) - Beginning Of The End? Multi-Modal Center On Track......

7 posts in this topic

It looks like LOT A will be history sometime within the next 3 seasons. 2011-2012-2013

http://www.ajc.com/n...ns-1213467.html

New stadium won't be built yet.

Has your tailgate group made any plans yet on an alternative lot? That's a bunch of STH's to cram in other lots.

Called Season Ticket office, they haven't been offically notified, and haven't announced the accomodation plan.

Lot A veterans know that large portions of lot can get closed with no notice. Hope we don't get screwed over with little/no notice.

I said something about this a couple of years ago. I was told that part of Lot A has already been sold and it's just being loaned out right now. Not sure how true that is. But it does look like it may be the beginning of the end.

At $25 bucks a game for parking it ought to be called "Dry Gulch" instead of the Gulch. I am not paying that a game and perfectly happy parking in Lot F/L even though I have a further walk. $10 a game and good folks to tailgate with... I can handle that.

I tailgated down in A for about five years before getting tired of the long wait to exit post game. It will seem really strange driving or walking across MLK and not seeing all the people tailgating. My guess is while the new stadium is being built along with this transportation center, there going to be a few years with very limited parking. Then the dome will be demolished to add more prime parking.