Spoon Big Hit On Brandon Pettigrew

Very nice clean tackle. Very hard and well - timed hit by Spoon. Thats exactly the kind of hit Goodell wants in this new NFL. No one should be complaining about that.

problem is that kind of hit is hard to do when someone is seeing you coming at them... this game is giving the offense so much leway that its almost impossible to play defense anymore.... and i rather see a big hit then a TD IMO

Spoon would have killed Stafford had he not stepped up and dropped down. Sometimes those hits just work. But he has been caught a few times. He just has to get more disciplined with them. Just look at Ray Lewis. He does the same thing sometimes but nobody complains because he never misses. Spoon's missed a couple of crucial ones so he has no room for error until he consistently gets them down.

Weatherspoon is a budding superstar. He has no real weaknesses in his game outside of needing a bit more polish to smooth out the edges by the coaches. I hope the Brandon Graham groupies who wanted him over Spoon so badly see what I saw before that draft now.

I sure was mad when philly jump up and got graham.. graham is pretty much bust.. so happy we got spoon instead... philly struggling at LB position right now so i know they are regretting badly ..