Has Ryan Ever Led An Unblemished, Sustained Game Winning Drive?

So is the premise of this thread that if a penalty is called on the defense during a drive, or if there's a missed call or we benefit from a mistake the other team made, it is therefore a "blemished" drive and not impressive? WTF?

Yeah, I think we should just decline all penalties called on the defense. Let's win these games clean or not at all!

I really do like Ryan. I have quite a few of his jerseys for what that is worth. I am just saying this is one aspect of his game he needs to work on. I have no doubt he will get there, but I am frustrated by some of the blind loyalty i see on this board

It's not blind loyalty when you love a guy who WINS games which is ALL that matters.

Is he perfect? No

Can he improve? Yes

Does he win games? Yes'

But you lose a lot of credibility when you call it "blind loyalty."

I must say this thread is a bit of a reach. Matty Melt has had some great games. Not many but he has done it before.

****. I really do feel like an a-hole now if this guy is telling me to back off. Admittedly, the timing of this thread was terrible, and for that I apologize. I also apologize for the overall sentiment of the thread. It came off as bashing Ryan, but really it was me trying to say he needs to be more consistent in the clutch. Certain guys in this league you KNOW will close out the game if they get the chance, and Im not sure hes there yet. But the fact that hes only in his fourth year isnt lost on me. And for what its worth, I thought of a great game that fit this description, 09 at Giants, which I am embarrased to say now I was at. Again, I apologize

I would think that, by definition, a game-winning drive is "unblemished". What's up with all these esoteric questions today? (e.g. "Can we put up 60 points against the Colts?") Who cares how we get the win as long as we get the win?!

A...the ****...men!

As a moderator, can we implement some type of "blog Wonderlic" qualification exam or are these permitted "for entertainment purposes only?"

Good grief! wacko.png

I understand the importance of todays win. A road win against a good team, momentum headed into the bye, an NFC tiebreaker. So I have plently to be happy about, but we are deluding ourselves if we think this team, as it is playing right now, can hang with the Saints and Packers. I cant prove my loyalty to or passion for Ryan, so I wont try, but he hasnt established himself as a closer just yet. I believe in time he will.

And I can think of quite a few games we have won because of Ryan, but my question, and perhaps I should have clarified, is, has Ryan ever led a game winning drive when that drive was ultimately our last chance to score? The 2010 SF game, fine, but before that improbable Roddy strip, everyone in the building knew that would be our last chance to score. 2010 BAL, ehh, again, we got put in spots we shouldnt have been in and the PI call was iffy.

"Iffy?" this whole thread is iffy. LOL wink.png

Ryan needs to be more consistent in the clutch? You do remember the strike he tossed to Douglas for 40+ yards, after he came out of the locker room yesterday? he needs to improve on his deep ball, and accuracy as a whole this year, but saying Ryan needs to improve in the clutch is about as asinine a statement as they come.

The beauty in the the comebacks that are "blemished", whatever the heck that really means, is that Ryan has been able to learn from mistakes he made during the game and overcome them to rally his team. I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter what happened before the QB picks the team up and leads them to a W. Just my opinion.

I'm honestly not hating on him, Im confident he will eventually get back to 2010 form, but I cant recall any game winning drive that wasnt controversial (2010 Ravens game) or not of meaningful length (2010 Packers, 2008 Bears). I mean, even Redman has one during that time (2009 Bucs home). Theres been some game ending drives, but I remember them being RB-heavy (2008 Packers, 2009 at Bucs). I guess you could say the Jets in 2009, but we had a big facemask call and a huge Snelling run. And with 2010 at Saints, I am referring to end of regulation. Also, I believe we would have gotten one in Philly in 2008 had the refs not hosed us. Theres been a few times where we could have put games away with some more conversions (2010 Saints home). Theres also 2010 at Pittsburgh where he throws a pick right off the bat in crunch time. Perhaps I am just overly negative regarding this offense, but I cant think of any of the types of drives I am referring to. Im sure I'll get some negative comment about having too much time on my hands, but I happen to have a good memory (which makes this topic even more troublesome).

PS - as far as the 2010 Ravens game, I dont think Roddy pushed off, I am referring to the 4th down pass interference call on Tony G

Ryan doesnt have to meet your annoying criteria for a game winning drive. He merely needs to turn in a game winning drive when that is what is needed. Go away with this stupidity.

I really do like Ryan. I have quite a few of his jerseys for what that is worth. I am just saying this is one aspect of his game he needs to work on. I have no doubt he will get there, but I am frustrated by some of the blind loyalty i see on this board

You have to understand they're basically incapable of critical analysis because of the 4-foot thick homer glasses they wear. It helps prevent reality from slipping into their brain and screwing up their rose-colored fantasies.

chimp2.jpg