Video: Franklin And Richt Convo After Game

calidawg

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you blame the fight on?

• Grantham
    • Franklin
    • Williams

I see why he'd be angry, but i dont think causing that stir is the way to deal with it.

My main problem was when he decided to start ranting to anyone who could listen (wtf?). So he finds b-mac (as hes desperately trying to get out of Franklin's grip) and says "thats not how my guys do it". Isnt he the same guy giving the thumbs up to Logan Thomas on the sideline and making excuses about it afterwards... If I were ever able to focus ANY attention on vanderbilt, Id really hate them after this week.

Guest King Shot

Everyone was in the wrong. I watched a good bit of that game due to the fact that watching Florida's offense was giving me headaches, and both sides played very undisciplined football. Georgia was doing a lot of posturing and dancing and taunting after tackles, and while Vanderbilt wasn't necessarily doing much posturing, they were provoking it by taking little shots after the whistle. Georgia dancing a little on the Vanderbilt star was just...sad. That's Vanderbilt you goofballs, you don't celebrate wins over Vanderbilt.

After the game, Franklin handled his actions poorly, you never go after an individual player on the opposing team, that's just not how you do things as a footall coach. Grantham, unsurprisingly to a lot of people, including Mark Richt, behaved the way people have come to expect him to behave, with a lack of self control. I don't think you'll see many more antics from Grantham, not if he wants to keep his job.

Everyone is to blame.

Edited by King Shot

franklin is most at fault for what happened after the game. he should have talked with cmr instead of yelling at shawn williams and instead of going up and telling grantham (f word) you to grantham at the start of their convo and that was before TG said a thing. james was clearly still angry for the shawn williams hit. also uga did not dance on vandy's logo. that didn't happen, you are back in 2007. franklin also should not have told his center to take out kwame in retaliation for shawn williams hit (hit reaction and stewart's said it all after that cheap shot). franklin telling him he did a good job going for kwame's knee and then stewart giving james a thumbs up says it all about his intentions and what james franklin was doing. franklin defending his center yesterday about the hit clearly shows he is one dumb son of a gun.

Both coaches were in the wrong. The only person I saw behaving like an adult out there was Mark Richt. Franklin got into his face looking for a confrontation and Richt did a great job of defusing the situation.

You guys need to understand that as justified as you think they are, a coach cannot lose control in a situation like that. Because when they lose their heads, the kids take it as a cue to lose theirs. Thats when you see things really get out of hand. What if a big brawl had broken out and you have several players suspended for the Florida game? Thank God that didn't happen, but all of the conditions were right for it because Franklin and Grantham lost control.

Guest King Shot

I just didn't understand what UGA was doing that game. All the personal fouls, pointing and taunting towards the Vandy bench...like seriously what are you doing? Do you know who that is? That's like picking on kids from the handicapped bus.

Edited by King Shot

Both coaches were in the wrong. The only person I saw behaving like an adult out there was Mark Richt. Franklin got into his face looking for a confrontation and Richt did a great job of defusing the situation.

You guys need to understand that as justified as you think they are, a coach cannot lose control in a situation like that. Because when they lose their heads, the kids take it as a cue to lose theirs. Thats when you see things really get out of hand. What if a big brawl had broken out and you have several players suspended for the Florida game? Thank God that didn't happen, but all of the conditions were right for it because Franklin and Grantham lost control.

Yeah Richt did handle it the proper way. I think I would have punched Franklin in the nose and said F off. Franklin definitely came across as a cry baby and it was obvious he ordered his guy to take out KG's knees. Would not want to play for someone like that.

Yeah Richt did handle it the proper way. I think I would have punched Franklin in the nose and said F off. Franklin definitely came across as a cry baby and it was obvious he ordered his guy to take out KG's knees. Would not want to play for someone like that.

Richt handled it the right way as the leader of the team, but it's hard to find many who think grantham didn't handle it right himself. James Franklin had multiple lineman try to take out our dlinemen's knee. abry jones himself was a victim of the same type of hit stewart got suspended for. james franklin was yelling at our players from the sideline and you saw a few players respond to it. james franklin dressed down shawn williams who did the right thing and walked away from franklin and then he decided to go after grantham cussing at him before grantham had a chance to get a word out and then CTG stood up for his players with james franklin. james franklin is a head coach and he didn't act like he was at all. james franklin wants to be the aggressor (celebrating and then defending dirty hits) and then wants to be the victim and cry baby.. he wants it both ways and some have fallen for it hook, line, and sinker.

Richt handled it the right way as the leader of the team, but it's hard to find many who think grantham didn't handle it right himself. James Franklin had multiple lineman try to take out our dlinemen's knee. abry jones himself was a victim of the same type of hit stewart got suspended for. james franklin was yelling at our players from the sideline and you saw a few players respond to it. james franklin dressed down shawn williams who did the right thing and walked away from franklin and then he decided to go after grantham cussing at him before grantham had a chance to get a word out and then CTG stood up for his players with james franklin. james franklin is a head coach and he didn't act like he was at all. james franklin wants to be the aggressor (celebrating and then defending dirty hits) and then wants to be the victim and cry baby.. he wants it both ways and some have fallen for it hook, line, and sinker.

I agree with CTG as well. I love his fire. Its something UGA has been missing since BVG left.

Guest King Shot

Franklin went looking for a fight and found himself in way over his head. Like an internet tough guy he then whined about it to CMR. Most bush league act I've seen since Kiffin.

Not that I don't disagree with Franklin being a doosh, but what part of what he did gave you the impression that he was "over his head"?

This is the ONLY card that Franklin can play (and honestly, it's the ONLY card that any Vanderbilt HC can play). He's the bad guy. He's the heel. What else do you expect him to do? Part of me actually thinks he's a genius.

He's the only guy that I can remember to ever put Vanderbilt football in the news. His whole "we're not going to be a punching bag anymore" routine has actually won me over. I think it's cool as ****. It's got a lot of the JJ/Miami Hurricanes feel to it. Obviously it will never see the same amount of success, but at least Franklin is willing to flip birds to the haters and hold his ground.

Franklin got street cred.

I think he's basically saying Franklin came off the sideline bitching and moaning and just about got his head taken off by Grantham. Then gave his sob story to Richt, then McClendon, (?) and anyone else who might listen. Dude was sore because he lost. If he wanted to shut Georgia up he should have won the game.

actually james didn't play the card.. he was the aggressor including sending out his olinemen to take out a player and then goes after a rival player in shawn williams telling him to suck his private part and then go after todd grantham. then he decides to whine to cmr and others about how he is the victim here and that's crap.

I think he's basically saying Franklin came off the sideline bitching and moaning and just about got his head taken off by Grantham. Then gave his sob story to Richt, then McClendon, (?) and anyone else who might listen. Dude was sore because he lost. If he wanted to shut Georgia up he should have won the game.

Pretty much this. As well as what Sac said above but I'm too tired to mess with multiquote lol. Franklin went out looking to fight someone and started waving his stick around until he ran into someone with a bigger stick. He didn't expect someone to fight back and I'm glad Grantham wasn't taking any of his BS. Maybe he did earn some 'street cred', I'm no authority in that area so I don't know, but from my perspective he just looks like a whiny little dbag. He was probably that kid you invited to your birthday party who gave you books.