If You Could Only Keep 3 Falcons From Each Side Of The Ball

Not that this would ever happen but it is an easy way to see who the board members value on our team the most. If they decided to gut the franchise and were only going to keep 6 guys that are on the team now on the squad. (3 from D and 3 from O) who owuld you keep? Here is mine

Defense

Spoon (the guy is going to be one of the best for years to come)

Moore (love his potential and head hutting mentality)

Grimes (no explenation needed)

Offense

Julio (bad mutha ******)

Ryan (good QB, could be great with better protection and coaching)

McClure (He is getting old but would be a very good choice to get out new center ready)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defense:

Edwards, Becasue of age and can play both the run and pass.

Spoon

William Moore.

Offense:

Matt ryan

Julio

Hawley, imo he will be a very smart and good C for the Falcons for years.

And this is based upon if I had these three young guys to biuld each side of the ball around for years.

You sure you want Hawley? Word on the street is he has a hearing problem.

offense:

Juilio- Will be a beast but needs time, He fits in a run first offense because he is a great blocker

Roddy- He brings the toughness to the O, but really needs to pick up his play.

Blalock- The only linemam worth time outside of Clabo.

defense:

Spoon- Just watchem lol

Willy Mo- Decoud is out playing him this year minus the bear's game

Peters- He will be a beast when he put it all together

Edited by T.Mays

Defense:

Edwards, Becasue of age and can play both the run and pass.

Spoon

William Moore.

Offense:

Matt ryan

Julio

Hawley, imo he will be a very smart and good C for the Falcons for years.

And this is based upon if I had these three young guys to biuld each side of the ball around for years.

I've been meaning to start a thread on this (and maybe I still will) but I agree with you about Hawley's intelligence. First, it's pretty tough to come in the way he has with a rookie next to him and, in his second year, handle the responsibilities at the center position without more complete breakdowns in assignments.

But more specifically, I love what he did on that reviewed incompletion to Douglass in the Packer game. He sprinted to Douglass as he was coming up from the catch, before anyone else got there, and made it LOOK like he was congratulating Harry for making the clutch grab. But he was actually asking him if he had, in fact, made a legal catch. He then sprinted to the line and tried to get the team lined up for a quick snap before the Packers could challenge.

It all happened right in front of us (18 rows up, 48 yard line, I'm lucky to have a friend!) and I was screaming "snap the freakin ball! snap the freakin' ball!!!" I'm not sure why they couldn't actually get the play off, but it looked Hawley had done everything he could and was pretty heads up with the whole situation.

I've been meaning to start a thread on this (and maybe I still will) but I agree with you about Hawley's intelligence. First, it's pretty tough to come in the way he has with a rookie next to him and, in his second year, handle the responsibilities at the center position without more complete breakdowns in assignments.

But more specifically, I love what he did on that reviewed incompletion to Douglass in the Packer game. He sprinted to Douglass as he was coming up from the catch, before anyone else got there, and made it LOOK like he was congratulating Harry for making the clutch grab. But he was actually asking him if he had, in fact, made a legal catch. He then sprinted to the line and tried to get the team lined up for a quick snap before the Packers could challenge.

It all happened right in front of us (18 rows up, 48 yard line, I'm lucky to have a friend!) and I was screaming "snap the freakin ball! snap the freakin' ball!!!" I'm not sure why they couldn't actually get the play off, but it looked Hawley had done everything he could and was pretty heads up with the whole situation.

I didnt notice that. Thats good ****.

Thats great to hear. I like the fact that he has had a chance to get some game action, I believe when McCLure retires he will step in and not miss a beat.

btw, is the independent on contract situation but dependent on age? Because would only keep Grimes if his contract situation was not a factor. And, obviously, Gonzales would be a keeper if he had another ten years left!

talking about if it happens today so the age would be however old they actually are now. As far as the contracts, just assume all could be signed for around their market value

Edited by Lou_Dog

OFFENSE

Ryan(game manager or not, hes our franchise qb, and id rather have a staple at QB for years to come then be searching for years ala miami)

Julio(wouldve chosen roddy, but JJ has very good potential and is younger)

Baker..naw just messin. Give me Quizz. (if used properly he can be very dangerous and has shown promise the few times hes gotten the ball)

DEFENSE

Spoon(I believe he will emerge to become a very good LB for us for years as hes starting to develop. good speed, solid in coverage, and can hit.)

Willy Mo(this dude is a banger and has some solid ball skills.)

Grimes(athleticism is off the charts)

Edited by Antonio Montana