Trinton Sturdivant Returning For Sixth Year...as A Tight End

KGDawg710

http://redandblack.c...ht-end-in-2012/

Glad he is deciding to come back as he is a DGD, but this is odd. I guess he doesn't want to risk another serious leg injury by playing on the OL.

this is pretty weird

and as for avoiding injury at TE as opposed to LT... I mean Lattimore was blocking out in space, away from the line of scrimmage when he got rolled up on

Edited by Billy Ocean

Man that is weird, but I definitely welcome him with wide open arms. Sturdivant is a DGD, great young man... really hate it for him that he's had to deal with 3 major knee injuries, but you know what they say. Knees weren't made for football. I wish him all the best.

Regarding fullback... I really don't like Figgins at FB, personally. Its not an ideal position for a huge body. Give me the Mack Strong, Shaun Chapas FBs. 6'5 300+ is not a good fit in the backfield. A pure blocking TE, he's essentially an extension of the o-line.

I'm so glad Sturdivant is coming back as you guys said he is as great a guy as there is. I agree it is weird based on the position I will be surprised if we run a double TE set as our base offense next year unless we get a new OC. Bobo is one of the only coaches who still regularly uses a FB in the base these days. I'd rather Sturdivant come back as a GA. I would hate for him to get hurt again/ risk long term problems.

Yeah I don't really understand this decision. He obviously loves the game of football, but I believe his time has come and gone. You were a dgd, get your degree man and do something great with your life. There is so much more to life than football.

He's about to graduate and start grad school I believe. I've had a couple of classes with Trinton, he's a bright guy and pretty funny too. I think he can contribute as a blocking tight end at the very least next year, especially if Orson Charles decides to leave.

Maybe part of his plan has to do with cutting some real weight to reduce the strain on his knees? Anyway, glad to see him come back and give it a try. And regardless of how many ACL injuries I might have suffered I would try to come back as many times as I could until my chances were exhausted.

You never realize just how much you loved the game or how much you will miss it until you are sitting in the stands watching someone else play.

Go get 'em Trinton, he77 even I'll pull for ya.