I was just wondering what ur guys thoughts about the nfl playing games in lodon? The succs are playing there next Sunday i believe and it got me to thinking about it. Personally i am not a fan of the idea. I hope blank never pks it. (Not sure if he gets a say in it) would u want the Falcons playing over there

Guest Negatorris

I hope the Bears beat the Buccaneers across the pond. Then Saints get upset by the Colts.

We win and we will be 2nd. Sucs will lose, but I know for a fact Saints can't lose to a team with 0 wins, no matter how much I hate them.

The Bucs are going to move to London. Why do you think they keep scheduling the Bucs there every season. Malcom Glazer owns Manchester United, most of the London fans are Buc fans.

umm, no.

Being a "London" fan myself, I have this to add.

Going to the game, but only because I can't get out to the US anywhere near as much as I would like.

There are big followings for the Packers, Pats, Steelers, Niners, Dolphins, Bears. Not the Bucs to be honest. Bears will have the crowd on their side sunday.

Although I love the NFL more than any other sport, I can't see a London franchise working at all.

The atmosphere wouldn't be the same, and the away games against Seatlle, for example, would be nothing short of ridiculous.

I'd have season tickets if it happened, yes, but not too many would. On top of that, they would always be second best to my Falcons.

As a Brit, I'd love to see the Falcons play in London. As a team that doesn't exactly have one of the better fan bases in the NFL either domestically or internationally, We should be all over this as an opportunity to grow our international fan base.

Put things in perspective... With 1 international game per year and teams sharing the burden or playing them, it means playing an international game every 16 years, and losing 1 home game every 32 years. Even if they increase it to 4 international games a year, it would mean losing a home game every 8 years.

As for the bucs, they do have a sizeable following here. They built fit up in the 80's when they were so pathetic in those horrendous tangerine uniforms ( us Brits love underdogs and have a strange sense of humour like that, supporting a team because of the sick uniforms). They are definitely one of the top 6-8 teams in popularity here. They were only chosen to "host" for a 2nd time this year because of the lockout - the game had to be organised very late, so they wanted a team that had done it before. The NFL owners have voted that all teams must participate and share the "burden" of having to play in these games.

The stories of a team or superbowl game in London are rubbish. They are just marketing speak to appease fans. There are a lot of financial and logistical reasons why it will never happen.

The Bucs are going to move to London. Why do you think they keep scheduling the Bucs there every season. Malcom Glazer owns Manchester United, most of the London fans are Buc fans.

You frequent Bucs forums , therefore you know why the Bucs can't move , I don't get why you're here purposely spreading crap when you know all the reasons it can't happen ?

London games are for teams to raises more money for the NFL and support for them sucky teams. Hope u guys don't get us sent pver there I hate London games unless it's the eagles packers saints or bucs gong over. All 4 should go there and have a dbl. header while they're playing Freddie Falcon should wreck all the team planes

Edited by B_Lo_Touchdowns

It's probably just a matter of time before the Falcons do play one at Wembley. Naturally I would prefer if it didn't impact a home game. I understand what the league is trying to do with those games but doubt their approach is wortwhile. Trying to grow the sport overseas is understandable but not by moving regular season games. Even though Premier league and other european soccer leauges play some of their games in the US, they aren't regular season matches that count in their standings - that I know of. I don't think they would stand for that.

Besides if there is going to be an NFL franchise outside of the US, the first would likely be in Toronto, not London.

I don't mind the London games. If the Falcons went over there to play, I guess that would be cool. Although, like most of you I wouldn't want them to loose a game in the dome.

I personally don't see a team moving to London or anywhere internationally that would create such a logistics problem. How in the world would they schedule the games? If a London team played a 1:00 PM game over there, it would come on at 7:00 AM over here. If you live on the west coast and your team plays in London at 1:00 PM there, you'd have to wake up at 4:00 AM to watch the game. If the London team played a prime time game over here, Londoners would have to stay up until 2:00 AM, and that's just to watch the kickoff. No way the NFL puts a team in London. It sounds like a cool idea at first, until you consider that fact that it's a terrible idea.

I live just outside London and have been to all 4 games in the past although i'm not going this year.

Whilst i'd love the Falcons to come over here i'd prefer it as the away team as i'd much prefer to sample a home game in the Dome. The fact that the Glazers own both the Bucs and Man Utd has given a reason for more people to dislike the Bucs over here. I wouldn't be surprised if on Sunday more fans were supporting the Bears.

As for the NFL team over here its just not going to work. People are unlikely to change the team they follow even if another were to move into their back yard. One team on its own would not work but a division in Europe may do although that could be a long way off.

Also there are plenty of people here who do stay up and watch the prime time games on Sunday and Monday nights which kick off at 1.30 am. In fact i didn't miss a down in either the Eagles or Packers games this season. However playing prime time games over here would not work.