Looking At The Schedule Im Thinking We Could Win Our Next 5 Games.

I know we have not being clicking on all cylinders these first 6 games, but looking at this schedule if we can take momentum from this Panther win and go into Detroit and get a win I see us running the table these next 4 games.

@ Detroit (Should be a real good game)

bye

@ Colts (If we lose all Coordinators should be fired on the spot)

New orleans (Every year its a close game and we are at home, we can win this)

Tennessee (Another home game we can and should win)

Minnesota (Another home game we can and should win)

Call me crazy fellas but I just have a feeling we are about to run the table these next 5 games, we shall see......

As far as I'm concerned, we are still in it until we lose 8 games or more. Who knows what will get you in the playoffs this year. Falcons just need to keep working until they get things moving in the right direction.

Detroit is having a good year, but this is still football and the game has to be played on Sunday. Now we are .500, lets get one game above then focus on two games above, so forth and so on.

Not pinned up on the Lions or the Saints just yet. We'll have to see though.

well i think we are going to have some troubles against Detroit...especially going to the dome where weatherspoon will have to have best on lockdown....but they are coming off a tough emotional loss to niners and they are going to come in playing...and i think we will come in with a false sense of satisfaction from beating the ever so soft panthers.....Ill feel alot better if we win this game....it will give us some real confidence.....if we lose..i think its the straw that will break the camels back....two more brees games, who knows Adrian peterson could be ripping and they could have their ponder going by then, and despite what you think...tennesee is a good team....so we could easily blow that one too...its the NFL...dont count anything as a win........we lost to tampa when freeman passed for 168 yds and two picks

If we can contain that defensive line then I think we can expose the Lion's secondary. As far as our defense is concerned, if we hold on to the running game and do our best job on Johnson, then we can make this game competitive. Possibly our biggest worry.

The Colt game shouldn't be too tough. Keeping pressure on the rookie Painter, and making sure we do something with Mathis and Freeney (Mathis rumored to be traded at some point), then it SHOULD be a breeze.

The Saints will be a tough game. Period.

Tennessee is a team that has athletic tight ends, Nate Washington, and Chris Johnson. CJ2K hasn't been the HB that he's been the past couple of seasons, so as long as we take him out of the game, then I think Nate Washington will be irrelevant with Britt's absence.

Minnesota has been terrible. They have one of the worst receiving cores and a QB situation which still isn't resolved. Beyond that defensive line, there isn't much to worry about at all.

2-3

Losses to Detroit, Tennessee, New Orleans

We have historically had a problem with those QB's that can methodically pick apart a defense with no pressure. Hasselbeck is a statue back there, but when he is on he is on. IF our line decides to take that game off we are in for a long day. I say we go 3-2 with losses to Detroit and Tenn. We will split with NO

I am sure hoping for 5-0, but I think it is more like 3-2 (anything less than that and this season is in big trouble). 3-2 would put us at 6-5 and probably right in middle of about 4 teams battling for wild card position. If we can go at least 4-1 (7-4) we will probably be the leader of that pack and still in the hunt for our division too.

Looking at our results after 6 games I have seen:

1. Our defense is worse than last year.. we cannot stop anyone (including a BAD Carolina team) on 3rd down

2. With an offense that went 13-3 last year, one change on the O-line (Dahl) and addition (J. Jones) we stumble and bumble all over the field.

3. Did I mention the defense? Horrible! No, worse than horrible.

4. How do you not snap the ball TWICE when the other team is caught with 12 men on the field?? How!!!!!!

5. Rarely running Snelling or Jaquizz and running Turner time and time again is your offense. Oh, by the way, Roddy only caught 2 balls Sunday without Julio.

6. Ryan still cannot throw deep. Three shots at it resulted in 2 pass interferences and one badly overthrown pass to Douglas (as usual).

7. We have given up 2 sacks in past 3 weeks and still struggle offensively.

8. Penalties are a result of either poor coaching or poor players.. or both.

9. How many times does the other team have to run the same 3rd and long plays before we catch on. WIDE OPEN receivers, no pressure whatsoever.

10. Finally, this game is way past Van Gorder and Mularkey. Did you see Mike Smith yelling at Van Gorder on the sidelines? It validates what I have just said.

I forgot this one

11. All wins against teams that are under 500-- Seattle, Carolina, and Philadelphia. Don't look at yesterday's game and tell me we've turned the corner. We may get on a roll, but right now is not the time based on what I saw yesterday. This team stumbles like a team that is confused, non-aggressive, and not motivated.

Looking at our results after 6 games I have seen:

1. Our defense is worse than last year.. we cannot stop anyone (including a BAD Carolina team) on 3rd down - 3rd down is a concern, but our D is still better than last year, and has kept us alive in some of our losses for a longer period of time than expected. they held the packers close to their minimum score all year.

2. With an offense that went 13-3 last year, one change on the O-line (Dahl) and addition (J. Jones) we stumble and bumble all over the field. - Started off slowly, starting to come together.

3. Did I mention the defense? Horrible! No, worse than horrible. - same as 1.

4. How do you not snap the ball TWICE when the other team is caught with 12 men on the field?? How!!!!!! - we got the 12 man penalty, why are you complaining?

5. Rarely running Snelling or Jaquizz and running Turner time and time again is your offense. Oh, by the way, Roddy only caught 2 balls Sunday without Julio. - Turner played phenomenally, why change? Yes, he caught only 2 passes, because they could not stop our run so we didn't really try the pass. + they can give him a lot of attention without Julio.

6. Ryan still cannot throw deep. Three shots at it resulted in 2 pass interferences and one badly overthrown pass to Douglas (as usual). - Ryan isn't the best deep thrower in the league, but do you know why it is called pass inteference? because the defender interferes with the receivers opportunity to catch the ball, hence it would have been a catch without the interference, that would give 2 of 3 deep (for TD), not bad.

7. We have given up 2 sacks in past 3 weeks and still struggle offensively. - 139 yards, 5.1 pr carry, 2 TDs by Turner and 31 points overall. i would hesitate calling this struggling.

8. Penalties are a result of either poor coaching or poor players.. or both. - we have had too many penalties yes and in important situations, but that was not as bad in this game.

9. How many times does the other team have to run the same 3rd and long plays before we catch on. WIDE OPEN receivers, no pressure whatsoever. my only concern on Defense.

10. Finally, this game is way past Van Gorder and Mularkey. Did you see Mike Smith yelling at Van Gorder on the sidelines? It validates what I have just said. didn't see that. agree with Mularkey, but as i said earlier, BvG's defense has kept us in a lot of games this year.

Edited by FalconsfanDK

well i think we are going to have some troubles against Detroit...especially going to the dome where weatherspoon will have to have best on lockdown....but they are coming off a tough emotional loss to niners and they are going to come in playing...

Their loss might actually work to our advantage. It could shake their confidence a little. Sometimes a young team without a history of winning can skid a little after a tough loss.