Harry D Vs. The Panthers

FalconsfanDK

says Bucky Brooks:

Harry Douglas, Falcons, WR: The absence of Julio Jones (hamstring) puts the onus on Matt Ryan to spread the ball to the Falcons' other receivers. Douglas has the potential to be the biggest beneficiary as a slot receiver against Carolina. With the Panthers showing vulnerabilities over the middle, this matchup could result in a big game for Douglas.

link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8231714e/article/niners-walker-falcons-douglas-among-week-6-xfactors?module=HP11_content_stream

if there ever was a time for crossing routes, it is now!

It's not that I don't have faith in HD breaking, it's that I know MM will make him run curls or routes that don't use his above average YAC ability. Just look when he gets the ball sometimes and is able to use it, he is hard to keep up with. Truly Welker like.

Just further proof about MM's inability to utilize ability to it's max potential, here is Welker's stat line when he was under MM in Miami:

MIA 16 67 687 10.3 1

As soon as he goes to a better scheme, "miraculously" his talent is unlocked:

NE 16 112 1,175 10.5 8

100 catches. Is it because of the QB? No. The throws Brady is tossing to Welker are throws a high school can make. Just ask Cassel. He was Welker's QB in 08 and put up the same numbers. Was it Belichick? No Belichick is a defensive mind. Was it McDaniel? No. He was under McDaniel for 1 season.

He just went somewhere that utilizes talent. MM doesn't know what he has. Wait until he is gone and we get a real OC. I can't imagine that MM sits around and thinks of the endless possibilities he has with his WRs and QBs. I DO believe he does it with how many times he can run the ball from different heavy sets.

It's not that I don't have faith in HD breaking, it's that I know MM will make him run curls or routes that don't use his above average YAC ability. Just look when he gets the ball sometimes and is able to use it, he is hard to keep up with. Truly Welker like.

Just further proof about MM's inability to utilize ability to it's max potential, here is Welker's stat line when he was under MM in Miami:

MIA 16 67 687 10.3 1

As soon as he goes to a better scheme, "miraculously" his talent is unlocked:

NE 16 112 1,175 10.5 8

100 catches. Is it because of the QB? No. The throws Brady is tossing to Welker are throws a high school can make. Just ask Cassel. He was Welker's QB in 08 and put up the same numbers. Was it Belichick? No Belichick is a defensive mind. Was it McDaniel? No. He was under McDaniel for 1 season.

He just went somewhere that utilizes talent. MM doesn't know what he has. Wait until he is gone and we get a real OC. I can't imagine that MM sits around and thinks of the endless possibilities he has with his WRs and QBs. I DO believe he does it with how many times he can run the ball from different heavy sets.

very interesting info on how he is utilizing his players, or maybe more appropriately, how he is NOT utilizing them.

I predict 3 catches for 21 yards.

It's not Ryan not getting the ball to HD. It's MM not knowing how to use him...

Plus MM wont use a good play more than once due to the fact the other team will be ready for it.

The more I think about it MM needs to be gone. I dont think the players trust him to give them a play that will work. Heck I sure dont.