31 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better for the Falcons?

• NO wins goes to 5-1
    • TB wins goes to 4-2

New Orleans winning is better for us. We have two games left against them and we could be two games back. The Bucs beat us already, so them winning makes it tougher for us to get back into the hunt. New Orleans winning on the other hand, puts us right back in it if we can get past Carolina.

Hmm. I've reconsidered. I'm pulling for a tie. We have a rematch against the Bucs which would allow us to leapfrog them if they have a tie. We have two games against the Saints, which would allow us to leapfrog them if they have a tie. If they tie, we control our own destiny.

Yeah, that's why I didn't include a tie, that's the obvious number 1 choice. I'm not sure which would be better for us. I initially thought NO winning would be better, so we could just focus our energy on trying to be the second best in the division but Roddy makes a good point.

Yeah, that's why I didn't include a tie, that's the obvious number 1 choice. I'm not sure which would be better for us. I initially thought NO winning would be better, so we could just focus our energy on trying to be the second best in the division but Roddy makes a good point.

yeah what roddy said kinda makes sense... and in that case i guess we could call this a win win situation for us given our current situation...

Might as well pull for NO to win this game and then start rooting for every team that faces TB.. It's early in the season but things are kinda starting to shape up barring a complete meltdown of epic proportions from some teams: (This is all hypothetical so don't get your panties in a bunch if you don't like what you see)

Division winners:

Saints

49ers

Giants (I'll just use them for now since the East is still wide open)

Packers (Just using them for now cause I don't know what the Lions will do)

Wildcard

Lions

TB, Redskins, Cowboys, Falcons or Eagles..

that's 4 or could be 5 teams (if the Eagles get hot) competing for 1 spot.

The Falcons have to take care of business though our NFC record is the only thing that's killing us and could be the reason why we miss the playoffs this year. If you look at it and no matter if you don't agree the Falcons margin for error is small. But we'll see what this team is made of and how they handle a little adversity.

I've heard crazier things cool.png plus sarcasm doesn't always translate over the net.

so what's you're real thoughts?

I think the teams who usually win their divisions.....will.....with the exception of SF and Houston

I'm really hoping we can catch our divisional rivals with their pants down and take advantage...squeak out a few wins.....we may end up beating TB outright for the wildcard spot and face Green Bay again...this time in Lambeau....and this time......we win.....

Edited by falconsfreak27
Guest Negatorris

As of now, we aren't ready for any games in the playoffs. Those are the toughest games no matter who we're playing. Right now, we just need to focus on getting out of the hole we buried ourselves in. I have more than enough confidence to say we go 2nd in this division. 49ers raped the Sucs worse than GB could ever beat us. I'm not worried about Tampa really. I'm just hoping for a slip-up from the Saints late in the year. Hopefully something like an Eagle's collapse. Really that stroke of luck would be the only way to win the division, but a man can only dream.

Being 1st in the Division really doesn't matter as we saw last year. We need to be the overall NFC Champions!