I doubt it. Firing a coordinator mid season is only going to further put us behind the 8 ball. If anything happens, I could see Smitty taking over play calling on the defensive side. Can't really do anything on the offensive side until the offseason. It's not like you can install a whole new playbook plus prepare for your opponent in less than 2 weeks.

I think it be more of mularky bein let go than BvG, other than 3rd down his defense play calls normally work till the second.half where our D plays.most of it n gets tired, I could see.mularky bein replaced by our QB coach in calling plays, but.he would still b our OC if that makes sense? If the defense slips.I could see smith taking over. Alotta teams make drastic.changes during.bye weeks not.that it always wrks but it speaks.volume n shows everyone is.on watch.

i have no problem with BvG as of now... his defense is playing well. with the amount of play time they have in the second half of our games they are bound to get tired and make mental mistakes leading to big plays... the offense is what's causing the problems now... they can't sustain drives in the second half.

Guest Negatorris

Just beating DET would be enough for Mike Smith to overlook any coaching mistakes during the game...

Unless we have a 50-0 point lead, and give up 45 points in the second half.

With a Defense ranked near the bottom of the NFL list, it is amazing how many people support BVG and the soft zone style.

Mind boggling.

Bend & break "D", give up over 300+yds to 3rd rate QB's, like someone said earlier, almost 400 to GB, plus the fact on giving up 25+ straight points to GB...and people are happy with that????

I doubt it. Firing a coordinator mid season is only going to further put us behind the 8 ball. If anything happens, I could see Smitty taking over play calling on the defensive side. Can't really do anything on the offensive side until the offseason. It's not like you can install a whole new playbook plus prepare for your opponent in less than 2 weeks.

To borrow a TD phrase, I don't think it would be DAUNTING to fire one of the coordinators:

Fire: Mike Mularkey

Interim: Bob Bratkowski-QB coach

Bratkowski has experience of being an offensive coordinator for many years in the NFL for the Cincinnati Bengals. Bratkowski is already on staff with Falcons and should be well-versed in the existing playbook since he was hired about 8 months ago. Bratkowski could keep most of the current playbook for this year, scrap the Mularkey junk plays, mix in some more screen plays and add maybe 5-10 new plays that could be assimilated - very practical.

Fire: Brian Van Gina

Interim: Mike Smith, Head Coach

- obviously Mike Smith knows the defense and can become more involved and maybe bring more energy and tweak. I'm not confident that this would help - but I doubt it would really hurt that much.