i cant help but think after this last fiasco Vick that Blank is gonna be watching things a little more carefully these days and talk to his outside sources as well as our guys and sit them down and tell them hey gimme the truth WTF is up - if he feels they are bullshyting him, he has the ability to get second opinions around the league etc.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when he was asked about the misdirection play, seemed like he didn't know what they were talking about. I got a feeling he didn't design that play. and about not using screen plays, you guys wonder why the line still struggles

Your right, I thought the same thing he sounded confused, that was disturbing to hear, he's a Coach and is supposed to have the answers to such things. This makes me wonder what happens when players ask him questions.

In his defense,...those penalties DID hurt us bad. You have to keep mistakes like that very limited (preferably nonexistent) when you're playing the champs, even when they spot you 14 points.

There's plenty of blame to go around, including for MM.

Supes, I get the sense from this interview that Mularkey thought the game ended at the half. All this stuff he said in this interview about "Obviously when your behind by so much you have to pass" but the Falcons weren't behind coming out of halftime.

Also Mularkey made the comment about the headset failure and how one play in the second half was supposed to be a run play but they had emergency calls that Matt made so they didn't have to call a time out. That to me sounded like Mularkey was shifting blame on everything but his play calling. I still feel like Mularkey abandoned the run game coming out of halftime in the second half.

Something to remember though, IMO in the first half against the packers I know a lot of people look at the score and think the offensive play calling was great, but that wasn't the case at all, the defense actually played pretty dang good in the first half and that's why the Falcons were ahead.

Your right though Supes, it's a lot more than just one thing that's wrong with the Falcons right now.

Edited by GAFALCONFAN

Supes, I get the sense from this interview that Mularkey thought the game ended at the half. All this stuff he said in this interview about "Obviously when your behind by so much you have to pass" but the Falcons weren't behind coming out of halftime.

Also Mularkey made the comment about the headset failure and how one play in the second half was supposed to be a run play but they had emergency calls that Matt made so they didn't have to call a time out. That to me sounded like Mularkey was shifting blame on everything but his play calling. I still feel like Mularkey abandoned the run game coming out of halftime in the second half.

Something to remember though, IMO in the first half against the packers I know a lot of people look at the score and think the offensive play calling was great, but that wasn't the case at all, the defense actually played pretty dang good in the first half and that's why the Falcons were ahead.

Your right though Supes, it's a lot more than just one thing that's wrong with the Falcons right now.

MM said we had 5 total penalties right? 5 penalties doesn't excuse 14 points against the 31st ranked pass defense in the league with Charlie Peprah starting at Safety. Especially when one of that touchdowns was set up by a turnover. Mularkey may not be the only problem but I am starting to lean toward him being the biggest problem.

Welp we officially have the most stubborn and pathetic oc in the world coaching our offense. Thankks for the ball and chain mm.. and we thought knapp was bad? Faaack this is just depressing to hear. Hire anyone.. seriously just let me call the plays from my ps3 on madden. /casm but you know what I'm getting at, I think all of us could run a more potent offense on tecmo bowl than what mm is ddoing

MM said we had 5 total penalties right? 5 penalties doesn't excuse 14 points against the 31st ranked pass defense in the league with Charlie Peprah starting at Safety. Especially when one of that touchdowns was set up by a turnover. Mularkey may not be the only problem but I am starting to lean toward him being the biggest problem.

It's disturbing to hear Mularkey complain about a certain play that he supposedly called a RUN play but he says it didn't get called because of the headset problem and their plan was to avoid calling a time out by switching to a so called emergency play. WTH is that all about? I mean, think about this, HE was calling a run play in the second half, but he also says when you are so far behind you have to pass in the second half, none of what he is saying makes any sense about what he is saying concerning the second half.

Meaning if he was calling a run play in the second half then the Falcons were still ahead at that point because according to him you OBVIOUSLY have to pass the ball when your behind. LOL, that's BS too, that all depends on how much you are behind by and how much time is left. The way Mularkey portrays himself in this interview he makes it sound like if the Falcons are behind by 1 point coming out of the half then they'd better hit the panic button and throw it deep for 15 yards! laugh.png

It's upsetting to me to see some of the crap calls Mularkey makes, if he's not the one making the play calls then why the heck is he out there, it dang sure isn't for moral support after hearing this interview. Mularkey almost ALWAYS has his play calls set in the first 3 QTR's to where Tony G is getting passed to in the middle of the field, and the WR's left or right are getting passed to depending on which side they line up on, or in other words if they are on the left then if they are passed to then that's where the ball is going. The only time this changes is when the Falcons get in the Redzone, and I think the reason it changes at this point is because there is no room left for the players to run the routes they are assigned by mularkey and the play calls. Think about it. It's ridiculously obvious and upsetting to watch over and over. For example "How many times have you saw Tony G catch passes going out of bounds on this season?". Mularkey is trying to play call old school schemes in the modern times and that just doesn't work because they are too well known IMO.

I applaud Jay!!!! AWESOME Interview. As a Falcons fan we might not get the explosive plays we were told we would see this year, but we DANG SURE GOT SOME AWESOME EXPLOSIVE INTERVIEWERS! Kudos Jay, and Daniel and the staff here. That was the interview of the year IMO!

Hey Mularkey, we are 2-3 according to your philosophy WE OBVIOUSLY are behind SO WE HAVE TO PASS THE BALL NOW! Uh,, forgive me if I am wrong though, but being a RUN FIRST TEAM has been pretty good for the Falcons over the last 3 years hasn't it?

I can't believe what he said about screens. A one time thing because they'll adjust?! WHY ISN'T RUNNING TURNER UP THE SAME **** HOLE ON FIRST DOWN EVERY TIME A ONE TIME THING, THEY ALWAYS ADJUST.

I hate all caps for the most part, but this guy is so frustrating.

Yeah and what's worse he ran Turner up the middle where 400 lb Raji resides. Raji just tosses our guys off and plugs the hole. What a blinkin idiot MM is and actually Smith too for keeping his sorry arse. Sorry for the Smith huggers and I think Smitty is a good guy...but he should be seriously kicking MM in the backside.

Lets not bash Mularkey too bad. Remember last weeks interview where he discussed he designed his initial fifteen plays? Well, that was news to me and I think everyone agrees that those plays were effective and creative against Green Bay. We need Mularkey to continue in that style of play-calling in order to keep defenses on their toes.

With that said, I feel like Jay did a great job and asked those questions with class. Lets try to do the same. I want more of these hard-nosed interviews in the future that get down to the truth. Jay showed his love for the Falcons in the interview, and I'd like to have him get more interviews like this in the future......keep it on the up and up. Exposure is the key to getting what you want, not badmouthing. We have great, intelligent ownership and he is a great listener ;)

Edited by Robinit

Ok, Mike Mularkey with you unable to understand how to call a proper football game I will give you another analogy that maybe will help you understand. In a baseball game if a pitcher uses the same pitch sequence the 2nd time through the batting order what happens. The hitters adjust and T off on the pitcher most of the time.

Now back to the way you game plan. If you continue to call the same style of plays for the whole game. What do you think will happen? The other team will adjust and T off on you. That is what any other team will continue to do as long as you try and run the same 12 and 13 play drives you want to put together all the time.

Let’s go back and look at Sunday’s game. You started out calling some same old plays then you mixed in some new plays that the Falcons never run. What worked better the NEW PLAYS! Why because they were caught off guard by it. Hard to predict what Atlanta was doing so they had to read then react. Not just react to the same old Falcons game play.

If you would stop the madness of letting the defenders just play a focused game of north and south. Then it would help the O-Line look so much better less time to hold when you let them attack going east and west SOME! The plays that worked the best were the plays forcing the D-Line to move east and west. That alone will slow down a pass rush as they will not be able to keep enough air in the tank.

Edited by high impact

Depends on how successful to defense is

all teams have drops, penalties, and setbacks..its called nfl football......the deal with it..you saw romo minus miles austin against the washington defense win the game....mularkey would have called a turner draw for 4 more yards in field positon and then punted bosher for 18 yds

i tend to be optimistic about the team, and i have been hesitant to call out any one person... but slowly from 09 season to now, i have lost my faith in MM more and more... he regained some trust last year, but was in no way fond of him. after hearing this interview, i actually hate this man deeply and need him to get his *** away from Atlanta ASAP. You can't have an attitude like that towards your own fanbase. and some of the things he says are just plain dumb.

P*ss off Mularkey, you are holding this team back.!

Edited by FalconsfanDK

He literally said he ran the same 15 plays in the second half that he normally runs: run on the first 2 downs. 5 runs on the first 7 plays. He knew they had them on their heels but went back to running on the first 2 downs and passing for a first down, then pointed out that at some point, they just stalled.

It's just pitiful listening to this man. He needs replacing. VERY soon.