Petition For New Coordinators

So the concensus on here is for new coordinators, both offense and defense. I don't know how many else, but I know we need a new secondary coach as well. But that's a whole nother topic. Let's stick to potential replacement OCs and DCs, both NFL and College choices.

Here are mine:

OC

Todd Haley (KC)

Tom Clements (GB)

Jim McElwain (BAMA)

DC

John Chavis (LSU)

Mark Stoops (FSU)

I don't know many DC's because we really would be great if Chavis came. Just look at that LSU defense. Not to mention he can coach LBs too (something Lofton could really benefit from)

would love to get Haley in for the offense... i don't think replacing BvG is as urgent, because the D has actually kept us in most games. if the offense would just score points... MM needs to get the F*ck out of here... after listening to that interview with him, he just sounds like he has no clue about football tactics at... all...!

I do like BVG more than MM and think his scheme works great when the defense has rest and a lead. The offense has the talent to provide that. Just look at BVG's playcalling on Sunday. It was great. They just ran out of gas. The soft corners is killing us too though

Listen I kno I may get flamed for this and its far fetched but Andy Reid as the OC and Del Rio as DC might equal great results. I believe both are in their last year with their teams and Del Rio isnt going to get another HC job for awhile why not let him come turn this defense around. As far as Andy goes I kno that he more than likely well have a HC job somewhere but imagine a team with them running the show.

I think another poor hiring that we have kind of glossed over is Bratkowski as the QB coach. Bill Musgrave was a great QB coach and probably a bit of Ryan's sounding board if he had frustrations with the OC. Remember, Bratkowski was the OC for the Bengals and they went down a bit of the same road as us. A once stud QB Carson Palmer eventually becoming a shell of his former self and the playcalling becoming all too predictable last year. Imagine an offense with Palmer, Cedric Benson and Bernard Scott, Jermaine Gresham at TE, and Jordan Shipley, TO, and Ochocinco at WR, yet not being able to get the job done either. Maybe the curse of the Bengals followed Brat down to the ATL.

I think another poor hiring that we have kind of glossed over is Bratkowski as the QB coach. Bill Musgrave was a great QB coach and probably a bit of Ryan's sounding board if he had frustrations with the OC. Remember, Bratkowski was the OC for the Bengals and they went down a bit of the same road as us. A once stud QB Carson Palmer eventually becoming a shell of his former self and the playcalling becoming all too predictable last year. Imagine an offense with Palmer, Cedric Benson and Bernard Scott, Jermaine Gresham at TE, and Jordan Shipley, TO, and Ochocinco at WR, yet not being able to get the job done either. Maybe the curse of the Bengals followed Brat down to the ATL.

I love how people leave out the Bengals were probably the worst managed team in history. Brat probably fled the scene when he could

I definitely wasn't begging for him back. People were scared that the lockout wouldn't give them time to install a new offense. Well look at Cam in Carolina. Yea they are 1-3 but it doesn't look like that offense has any hiccups.

And Zodiac how does Haley compare to MM?! Haley produced 3 1000 yard WRs and a 1000 yards rushing in Arizona and took them to the Super Bowl with that offense. Yea say he had Kurt Warner but he drew up the plays. We have the same kind of WRs and arguably more talent than that Arizona offense.

Weis just got to Florida this year and Les Miles is never leaving LSU. Andy Reid will be somebody's HC before a measly OC in his eyes. He will struggle wherever he goes though because he made that team his and now that they are struggling, it's all on him

I am ok with our coaches. They did a great job for 3 years. The Problem is not the coaches it is the GM. TD is clueless at drafting and signing FA.4 years of bad drafing and FA signings have left this team with little talent for coaches to work with. my petition is for a new GM..

I love how people leave out the Bengals were probably the worst managed team in history. Brat probably fled the scene when he could

How poorly the Bengals may be managed has nothing to do with the fact that the offense was loaded with talent and looked eerily similar to what we're staring at these days. Inconsistent and predictable. There's no possible way that you could argue that they Bengals, although troubled, were not talented last season... That comes down to coaching.

I definitely wasn't begging for him back. People were scared that the lockout wouldn't give them time to install a new offense. Well look at Cam in Carolina. Yea they are 1-3 but it doesn't look like that offense has any hiccups.

And Zodiac how does Haley compare to MM?! Haley produced 3 1000 yard WRs and a 1000 yards rushing in Arizona and took them to the Super Bowl with that offense. Yea say he had Kurt Warner but he drew up the plays. We have the same kind of WRs and arguably more talent than that Arizona offense.

Weis just got to Florida this year and Les Miles is never leaving LSU. Andy Reid will be somebody's HC before a measly OC in his eyes. He will struggle wherever he goes though because he made that team his and now that they are struggling, it's all on him

Look at whats happening right now in KC with Haley..

How poorly the Bengals may be managed has nothing to do with the fact that the offense was loaded with talent and looked eerily similar to what we're staring at these days. Inconsistent and predictable. There's no possible way that you could argue that they Bengals, although troubled, were not talented last season... That comes down to coaching.

they weren't that talented & them dudes was OLD & slow. the only one on offense with some speed was Jordan Shipley. they had 3 divas on the team, in house bickering, tons of legal problems. I'm surprised Marvin still has a job but yeah they were talented

would love to get Haley in for the offense... i don't think replacing BvG is as urgent, because the D has actually kept us in most games. if the offense would just score points... MM needs to get the F*ck out of here... after listening to that interview with him, he just sounds like he has no clue about football tactics at... all...!

Agreed, the defense held its' own while the offense was occupied chasing its' own tail.

I am ok with our coaches. They did a great job for 3 years. The Problem is not the coaches it is the GM. TD is clueless at drafting and signing FA.4 years of bad drafing and FA signings have left this team with little talent for coaches to work with. my petition is for a new GM..

Just like I asked another person, how many people from that 07 team is still starting for us? Only 5 people: Abe, Bab, McClure, Blalock, and Roddy. That's 5 out of a potential 22 starters. Please stop. You are making yourself look foolish just like a lot of other people. He has built this team anew in 3 years. Give him another 3 and watch how tough they look. Comparing him to Mickey Loomis next door, it took him 7 years to build a Super Bowl winner. I am giving TD that same time.

You are looking who we missed on and obviously hindsight is 20/20, but you can't tell me the offense he has built is not oozing with talent that he brought in: Julio, HD, Tony, Meier, Quizz, Turner, Ryan. Even the defense is brand new, I just don't think the scheme puts them in the best position

Edited by vel

Just like I asked another person, how many people from that 07 team is still starting for us? Only 5 people: Abe, Bab, McClure, Blalock, and Roddy. That's 5 out of a potential 22 starters. Please stop. You are making yourself look foolish just like a lot of other people. He has built this team anew in 3 years. Give him another 3 and watch how tough they look. Comparing him to Mickey Loomis next door, it took him 7 years to build a Super Bowl winner. I am giving TD that same time.

You are looking who we missed on and obviously hindsight is 20/20, but you can't tell me the offense he has built is not oozing with talent that he brought in: Julio, HD, Tony, Meier, Quizz, Turner, Ryan. Even the defense is brand new, I just don't think the scheme puts them in the best position

<<< There more than 5 starters add Clabo and Grimes oH sorry lets see if he replaced players with better ones. Dunta for Hall NO, Baker for itdontmater NO, P Bosher for anyone NO. Ray Edwards for JA a toss up LOL. What postions has TD improved on? dont forget Dunta is rated 2nd in overpaid players. Ray Edwards is looking to make that list soon. TD is replacing players with worse players. it is now catching up with us. It not going to get any better if we fire our coaches. these are the same coaches that coached us to a 13-3 season last year. They have not forgoten how to coach. TD is the problem!!

I do like BVG more than MM and think his scheme works great when the defense has rest and a lead. The offense has the talent to provide that. Just look at BVG's playcalling on Sunday. It was great. They just ran out of gas. The soft corners is killing us too though

we held the pack to 25 points and thats with us never scoring for 3 quarters and giving our D any rest......or help BVG is going to be okay..plus no ABE

I give him credit...if the offense could score and get the other teams in a bind for once our defense would look alot better also....tough playing behind every week for a d coordinator

considering they still have the same coach and rookie qb and wr and now they are great...and top 3 defense in the league...I think they are on the up and up so i dont think id say they lost much when he left

I agree completely....ryan hasnt learned anything in 3 years and 5 games....he realy looks no better today than his first start..and too me that tells me hes going backwards as of late due to terrible people paving the way